How to have a drink in your cabin?

beaveh

I also collect water all day. I'll get an unopened bottle AFTER a meal, just have them bring it to me, and when I happen to pass a bar during the day. I keep a stock of them (I like the Evian) in the cabin and we always have ice delivered twice a day. My husband collects Diet Cokes. We used to bring cases on board but with beverage package we don't have to.

If you have a drink package get to know the bartenders closest to your cabin. My last cruise on the Reflection, I had an OV on deck three and we had a bar 25 meters from our cabin. They gave me great service throughout the cruise and unopened beers for when I ordered room service!

The policy is two per cabin.

I can't believe I'm going to ask this extremely ridiculous question, but here goes... can a cabin with passengers all under 21 have wine in their luggage? :D

We are in one room, and our kids are in another. If I'd thought of it originally, I would've swapped one of my kids for me on the reservation so that there'd be an over-21 in each room, then got extra keys so we could use the rooms the way we intended. But I'm wondering -- do they really even think about the ages when they are screening the luggage?

I can't believe I'm going to ask this extremely ridiculous question, but here goes... can a cabin with passengers all under 21 have wine in their luggage? :D

We are in one room, and our kids are in another. If I'd thought of it originally, I would've swapped one of my kids for me on the reservation so that there'd be an over-21 in each room, then got extra keys so we could use the rooms the way we intended. But I'm wondering -- do they really even think about the ages when they are screening the luggage?

By luggage - I'm assuming you're talking about your carry-ons. For screening - think airport security. You're putting your bags through X-ray in a line and then walking through a metal detector. No one is cross referencing which bags go with which cabin. As long as there aren't 3 bottles in a single bag, you are likely fine.

Edited by mandream

By luggage - I'm assuming you're talking about your carry-ons. For screening - think airport security. You're putting your bags through X-ray in a line and then walking through a metal detector. No one is cross referencing which bags go with which cabin. As long as there aren't 3 bottles in a single bag, you are likely fine.

Thanks!

I totally forgot... the wine needs to be in a carry-on, right?

PS: btw, I don't think I'll chance it... per their guest conduct policy they might think I am trying to smuggle in wine for my underage kid. I don't want to start off our cruise vacation by being in the hot seat. LOL. I guess part of me just thought it was reasonable to want four bottles of wine since we are paying for five passengers (four full-price) and two cabins. Oh well.

Edited by love2driveinct

We did a B2B last year and took 4 bottles of champagne, 2 in each case fully expecting to get 2 confiscated. We knew these would be returned to us after the 1st leg of the B2B. However all 4 made it to the cabin and as we were CC we also had a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine waiting. We just love to have couple of glasses on the balcony before we go out for the evening and of course we got another bottle delivered at the start of the 2nd leg:D

We will be on our 2nd Celebrity cruise this September. Last time we did not order room service during our cruise, but I would like to this time.

We have the Classic Beverage Package. Am I correct in reading that you cannot have a soda delivered with room service? (This was mentioned in an earlier post)

Also is room service free?

Saving "Celebrity Cruises" the trouble of cutting and pasting from the Celebrity website:

Use your Beverage Package many places on board

Your package can be used many places on the ship—in the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant, the casual dining restaurants and buffet, plus all bars and lounges. Beverage packages cannot be used at the in-stateroom mini bar, through Room Service, or at the Enomatic® wine-dispensing system in Cellar Masters.

24-hour in-stateroom dining

Perhaps a day of kayaking, shopping or golfing has you feeling pleasantly languid. Or, was it the afternoon spent relaxing with a novel that has you so serene? Either way, when you're in the mood to relax and dine in the comfort of your stateroom, Celebrity offers 24-hour in-stateroom dining. The service is complimentary, except when ordered between 11 PM and 6 AM when there is a $4.95 fee per room service order. For Suite guests, it’s complimentary 24 hours a day.

cruisestitch: Saving "Celebrity Cruises" the trouble of cutting and pasting from the Celebrity website: Good one! ROFLMAO!!!!

What's to say you can't move two wine bottles to your large suitcase that goes through the porter? Put two in a carry on and two in the porter handled suitcase at the port.

When we embarked in Charleston for the Mercury a few years ago, we put two in each carry on. We were not stopped.

I expect the situation will be dependent upon how diligent the port security personnel are.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Is the classic drinks package not available at the Enomatic dispenser at Cellar Masters because the wine is over the 9 limit? Could you use the Premium package there? Is the dispenser the only way to get wine in Cellar Masters?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Will they give me more than one bottle of water at a time on a beverage package, especially at night as I head back to the cabin to sleep? I do tend to drink a lot of water, especially after I have drunk a fair amount of alcohol! I know they do monitor what you are ordering to make sure you aren't sharing drinks with a non-package person, and I know with alcohol it's one drink per card. I was just wondering if they treat bottled water differently.

I might also just get the steward to stock the cabin with a jug of tap water and ice.

You can get large bottles of water - about 1.5 litres, I think.

Perhaps get an extra one earlier in the day as well, if you're heading back to your cabin for anything.

cruisestitch: Saving "Celebrity Cruises" the trouble of cutting and pasting from the Celebrity website: Good one! ROFLMAO!!!!

What's to say you can't move two wine bottles to your large suitcase that goes through the porter? Put two in a carry on and two in the porter handled suitcase at the port.

When we embarked in Charleston for the Mercury a few years ago, we put two in each carry on. We were not stopped.

I expect the situation will be dependent upon how diligent the port security personnel are.

It really is all about the count per bag. We had 2 cabins - one for DH and me and one for our adult sons - but I had all 4 bottles of wine in one carry-on bag. Despite showing the paperwork for both cabins and having my son right behind me in line, they pulled us over and called the security lead to inspect. Well, the count of bottles got sorted out, but they found the plastic covering on the corks twisted easily and said that could be a sign that the bottles had been opened and refilled. (Sounds crazy to me - but I guess folks do go to great lengths to get their liquor on board! :eek:) I was afraid they were going to confiscate those 2 bottles - but she let me pass with a warning to check this better before my next cruise. Really it never would have been noticed if I hadn't been stopped for having the 4 wine bottles in one bag. Note to self - never do that again!

On our last cruise, we would go by the bar when on the way back to our cabin and ask for a soda can (even when we didn't want one right then) and then we had a small supply in our cabin for when we wanted one.

It seems silly that if ordering room service anyway you can't just include a drink, especially just soda, if you have a beverage package.

We have done this for years, DH and I have always have a soda at night, we take our night time medication and then finish our soda while reading. When done we turn out our lights and retire for the night. So we started the habit of of when we were walking back to our stateroom for the night we would stop by a bar and ask for an un-opened soda for each of us. Sometimes we do this when we are heading back to our stateroom during the day so as to 'build-up' a supply in our refrigerator. We do not keep many on hand, just 2-3 each, we are used to always having them on hand at home so this is the same thing.

I didn't know if it was frowned apon taking drinks back to your room or asking for unopened bottles!

That is the great thing about being on board, your may take glasses and china anywhere round the ship, including back to you room. Each area has its own design and can be returned to the correct place by housekeeping.

The problem is that I am so used to this now that I forget when I am staying in a land-based hotel and they are not all as relaxed about it!

That is the great thing about being on board, your may take glasses and china anywhere round the ship, including back to you room. Each area has its own design and can be returned to the correct place by housekeeping.

The problem is that I am so used to this now that I forget when I am staying in a land-based hotel and they are not all as relaxed about it!

They do frown on one taking glassware to open deck areas. They'll ask to pour your beverage in a plastic cup.

Oh my gosh that is so true. Just got called on it recently at a hotel, oops. ;)

Love that relaxed feeling on a cruise.....:)