How to have a drink in your cabin?

beaveh

Just a quick question. How can you have an alcoholic drink in your cabin?

On sea days the boat can be a bit busy, so sometimes it's nice to have a quite beer or glass of wine on your balcony.

We will be in aqua class and have a classic drinks package so drinks are normally free at bars, but I understand that there is a charge for room service drinks.

Is there anyway of doing this without ordering drinks through room service and having to pay?

Just a quick question. How can you have an alcoholic drink in your cabin?

On sea days the boat can be a bit busy, so sometimes it's nice to have a quite beer or glass of wine on your balcony.

We will be in aqua class and have a classic drinks package so drinks are normally free at bars, but I understand that there is a charge for room service drinks.

Is there anyway of doing this without ordering drinks through room service and having to pay?

Wander up to the bar, get a drink and wander back.

Another option depends on what you drink, if it is served in a can or bottle, get one unopened when heading back to your cabin and stick it in the fridge for later.

Remember you can take two bottles of wine on board.

Otherwise, ask your room attendant to empty the mini bar then first few days ask for unopened bottles at the bar when returning to your room. Put them in the minibar and you are sorted!

great thanks for the replies. I didn't know if it was frowned apon taking drinks back to your room or asking for unopened bottles!

......now I just need to locate the closest bar to my cabin.....:)

great thanks for the replies. I didn't know if it was frowned apon taking drinks back to your room or asking for unopened bottles!

......now I just need to locate the closest bar to my cabin.....:)

If you're in an M class ship AQ on deck 11, walk as far aft as you can. There's a doorway to the 15 steps down to the sunset bar. voila. :D

Ah a question in which I am and expert....Having a cocktail, or two on our balcony during sailaway is our favorite thing. We had the premium drink package a few weeks ago and we would ask for vodka straight for me and bourbon straight for my husband and take it up to the room. We would do this several times a day so we had enough for happy hour. What we found is that if you go to the martini bar ask for your liquor of choice straight up (after all a vodka martini is almost straight vodka) in a "to go" glass. They put it in a highball glass so much easier to carry it back to the room. I'm not sure if you have the classic package you would be able to do this at the martini bar but you can at any other bar. You can also ask for a can of your favorite mixer and they were happy to provide it.

I thought I would be embarrassed doing this but believe me, they are used to it and know exactly what you are doing so they just try to help.

On our last cruise, we would go by the bar when on the way back to our cabin and ask for a soda can (even when we didn't want one right then) and then we had a small supply in our cabin for when we wanted one.

It seems silly that if ordering room service anyway you can't just include a drink, especially just soda, if you have a beverage package.

I bring a 6 pack (5.5 oz cans) of Mr. & Mrs. T's Bloody Mary mix as I like a good Bloody Mary in the morning. That stuff the ship uses is just plain awful. I just order a glass of vodka w/ice.

So if I wanted would they give me two unopened beers with one sea pass? Or is it one drink unopened per sea pass? Just wondering if I would need to bring my wifes with me?

1 card 1 drink, 2 cards 2drinks, and so on! [emoji4]

Will they give me more than one bottle of water at a time on a beverage package, especially at night as I head back to the cabin to sleep? I do tend to drink a lot of water, especially after I have drunk a fair amount of alcohol! I know they do monitor what you are ordering to make sure you aren't sharing drinks with a non-package person, and I know with alcohol it's one drink per card. I was just wondering if they treat bottled water differently.

I might also just get the steward to stock the cabin with a jug of tap water and ice.

Will they give me more than one bottle of water at a time on a beverage package, especially at night as I head back to the cabin to sleep? I do tend to drink a lot of water, especially after I have drunk a fair amount of alcohol! I know they do monitor what you are ordering to make sure you aren't sharing drinks with a non-package person, and I know with alcohol it's one drink per card. I was just wondering if they treat bottled water differently.

I might also just get the steward to stock the cabin with a jug of tap water and ice.

No - collect your water over multiple trips.

OK I get the concept of going to different bars, but all of the "purchases" will still show up in one main account. I have read that after about 15 minutes they don't question it, so is that the minimum length of time I should leave between purchases?

"OK I get the concept of going to different bars, but all of the "purchases" will still show up in one main account. I have read that after about 15 minutes they don't question it, so is that the minimum length of time I should leave between purchases?"

You should be safe with that amount of time.

OK I get the concept of going to different bars, but all of the "purchases" will still show up in one main account. I have read that after about 15 minutes they don't question it, so is that the minimum length of time I should leave between purchases?

I didn't have a problem with walking from one bar to the next and getting a drink. Or if I had tipped the bartender during the cruise, didn't even have to go to another bar. There's no hard and fast rule.

Regarding the question about the water. Only one per card at a time BUT you can ask for the large bottle of water which is the liter size...equivalent of two smaller bottles.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I didn't have a problem with walking from one bar to the next and getting a drink. Or if I had tipped the bartender during the cruise, didn't even have to go to another bar. There's no hard and fast rule.

Regarding the question about the water. Only one per card at a time BUT you can ask for the large bottle of water which is the liter size...equivalent of two smaller bottles.

Oh, that might work. Thanks!

Regarding the bottles of wine you're allowed to bring on board...

Is it 2 per cabin regardless of how many people are in the cabin (1 or 2) so solos are allowed to bring 2 like on RCCL? Or is it like HAL (and I understand Princess) where it's 1 per person up to a total of 2 but solos can only bring 1?