Restaurants near Juneau port?

ametrinel

Can anyone tell me if there are any restaurants near where Princess docks in Juneau? We have an excursion that will get us back around 5:30, so we were thinking about getting dinner in Juneau since the ship doesn't leave until around 10:30 pm. But we don't want to have to go a long way from the ship. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Actually, the ship will have crab legs in the MDR, which come from Tracy's Crab Shack. I had a double serving...:eek:

Thanks, but we can't eat crab or fish of any kind. I know...on an Alaskan cruise and can't eat fish! [emoji849]

Thanks, but we can't eat crab or fish of any kind. I know...on an Alaskan cruise and can't eat fish! [emoji849]

I'm really sorry.... Seafood is really Alaska... if you can find something like a red dog saloon, that would be your best bet.

Can anyone tell me if there are any restaurants near where Princess docks in Juneau? We have an excursion that will get us back around 5:30, so we were thinking about getting dinner in Juneau since the ship doesn't leave until around 10:30 pm. But we don't want to have to go a long way from the ship. Thanks for any help.

Last time we were in Juneau we ate at Hanger on the Wharf - I don't eat seafood, my husband does, we were both happy at that restaurant. http://www.hangaronthewharf.com/

Last time we were in Juneau we ate at Hanger on the Wharf - I don't eat seafood, my husband does, we were both happy at that restaurant. http://www.hangaronthewharf.com/

I was also going to suggest The Hangar; my husband and I had the absolutely best salmon chowder there on our Alaska cruise a few years back.....we still talk about it and have tried a few times to recreate it in our own kitchen. The last batch was pretty close...

Anyway, The Hangar was really good.

This is an okay place. It's not usually a crowded madhouse like the Red Dog. I think this is the place I had a good burger in Juneau. I will tell you to avoid a place that calls itself a Mexican restaurant (downtown.) It wasn't Mexican. ;)

I love the Hanger - many crew and locals hang out there. Not as touristy as the Red Dog

Yep, that's how we found it. We were wandering around and stopped to ask a city road worker for a suggestion and that's where he recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from Alaska and there is a new fish taco truck that is a great place for lunch. They have some of the best fish tacos. Salmon, Rockfish and Halibut. You can order spicy or mild and they have killer halibut cakes. We live where we get fresh seafood but these guys really know how to do it right. It's just to the left of the Mt. Roberts Tramway, past the other little stands. You'll see a sign that says Fish Tacos. It's called Deckhand Dave's. They have a nice tent set up to the side where you can eat.