We ARE GOING!

Hi Folks

After all the worry that ensued after my ill fated Christmas trip aboard Golden Princess I have made my decision.

Come hell or high water I am going on Explorer of the Seas on the 10th of November !!!!!!!!

Having a battle with my doctor and telling him that the medication was making me feel worse I have stopped taking any of the slow release oxycotin or targin and am controlling my pain with Paracetamol and the occasional endone and have been feeling much better, I have also managed to loose about 10kg in weight ..so we are going and that Grand Suite better be good! :p

Now we have a real problem and I need your help!!!!

In September 2018 we celebrate 50 years of marriage !! I could not have found a better girl in all the world to share my life with , so a very special cruise is called for , so where and when and what ship ?? Nothing less than a full suite and MIL will come along too !

I await your suggestions

Best regards

John

Wonderful to hear you have decided to keep your booking. Hope it all pans out well.

As to the special anniversary cruise, difficult to give suggestions. There are so many wonderful itineraries and ships around. Do you want a longer cruise (21 days plus), do you want to be cruising for the actual anniversary (as that will affect where), do you want lots of sea days or lots of ports, do you want to go off the beaten track and experience something quite different, do you want something all inclusive or with extras, are you happy to fly long haul or want to leave from an Australian port, are you looking at having MIL in the same cabin or does she travel as a solo? There are so many variables.

Whether or not you are able to fly long haul will dramatically affect your choices. If you let us know I'm sure people will come up with lots of suggestions for you.

Congratulations on talking a stand Enjoy the cruise and get well

I found Princess line were the most innovative and helpful to celebrate an anniversary We actually were on Emerald Princess for our 55th (emerald) anniversary and they really made it special without any payment

Other Princess ships and other anniversaries have also been well received Have you thought of renewing your vows? That does cost but we were asked to be witnesses for one of these occasions and it was done so tastefully it was lovely.

The itinerary and size of the ship may have a bearing on what is available and how tasteful or cosy celebrations would be Good luck

Hi Folks

After all the worry that ensued after my ill fated Christmas trip aboard Golden Princess I have made my decision.

Come hell or high water I am going on Explorer of the Seas on the 10th of November !!!!!!!!

Having a battle with my doctor and telling him that the medication was making me feel worse I have stopped taking any of the slow release oxycotin or targin and am controlling my pain with Paracetamol and the occasional endone and have been feeling much better, I have also managed to loose about 10kg in weight ..so we are going and that Grand Suite better be good! :p

Now we have a real problem and I need your help!!!!

In September 2018 we celebrate 50 years of marriage !! I could not have found a better girl in all the world to share my life with , so a very special cruise is called for , so where and when and what ship ?? Nothing less than a full suite and MIL will come along too !

I await your suggestions

Best regards

John

I know what you mean by that Oxy John, I feel much better being off it.

Congratulations on the upcoming 50th.

Circumnavigation of Australia.

Onya John, back on the horse, way to go. Might I suggest for the big one in 2018, a cruise around South America, Princess runs one from Buenos Aires to LA, 30 days, we did it 2 years ago on your Nemesis - Golden Princess. You would both enjoy that and 'Come Back New.!!

Edited by NSWP

Onya John, back on the horse, way to go. Might I suggest for the big one in 2018, a cruise around South America, Princess runs one from Buenos Aires to LA, 30 days, we did it 2 years ago on your Nemesis - Golden Princess. You would both enjoy that and 'Come Back New.!!

They're also running an 84 day circle South America Syd to Syd, one small wearing about it is 9 sea days at one stage and 6 another. To me a non issue but for some major.

September would fit nicely with a repositioning back to Aus via French Polynesia. Not sure if that's the type of "special" you are after but for mine, Tahiti and Bora Bora scream romance.

Even better, look at a Paul Gaugain for that area. Now that would be special[emoji4]

Good to see you are recovering and ready to cruise again.

Make it a special cruise by letting your wife pick the cruise.

Welcome back Mic, how was thy adventure?

I'd suggest Antarctica and/or the Galapagos Islands. Both are among my top 10 places visited. Celebrity Xpedition does a great job with The Galapagos as everything is all-inclusive.

As for Antarctica, do a small ship that does more than drive-bys.

Love that you are planning something really special for your wife - so romantic!

I'd suggest Antarctica and/or the Galapagos Islands. Both are among my top 10 places visited. Celebrity Xpedition does a great job with The Galapagos as everything is all-inclusive.

As for Antarctica, do a small ship that does more than drive-bys.

Love that you are planning something really special for your wife - so romantic!

They're good suggestions Les and if you book with the right mob, you might even get a little discount, Naaaa not likely.