"LIVE" from MSC Divina - May 28, 2016

Radio

We got a Black status match within 2 hours of applying on line. We got a bowl of fruit in our cabin on the first day also bath robes. We got our first bottle of prosecco with chocolate dipped strawberries the next day. We got priority for the tender boat, an invite to black card members party and also welcome back cocktail party. 2 chocolate ships, 2 vouchers for a set menu dinner for 2 in one of the speciality restaurants,MSC logo duffel bags each, a dancing lesson and a one hour thermal session in the spa and an extended time for disembarking back in Miami. Not bad for a first cruise! Each time we returned to our cabin we seemed to have an envelope with an invite or a gift waiting for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

MSC Divina had arrived. . . . around 5:30 this morning. . .

Radio

;);)

Divine approaching the pier slowly

M32.JPG

With Escape, Divina, and Empress docked, Carnival Glory heads toward the turning basin . . .

M33.JPG

Edited by Radio

Hi Radio,

So pleased to see you're doing another "Live" thread. Been intrigued with Divina and flirting with booking

a cruise on her sometime or other. Looking forward to your wonderful pictures and posts on board.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

I was able to status match with MSC. . .I was given MSC Black Access and will report on the perks of Black Class while onboard.

Radio

;);)

When you go to check in let them know you are black card and they will put you in a priority line for faster service. Black card perks are a nice bonus; you will be receiving nice treats all week long.

Good Morning everyone . . . Welcome to DAY 1 of “LIVE” from MSC Divina. I booked this cruise back in August 2015, and the day has finally arrived. The forecast for today is calling for warm temps (85F) but overcast and a chance of a thundershower this afternoon.

Boarding begins before noon, and I should be heading over to the pier at around 11AM. I am only about 5 minutes away and it should be a quick cab ride. I am able to see MSC Divina (and 4 other ships)docked this morning.

The port of Miami will include several ships that are sailing today. I will be able to see Norwegian Escape, Carnival Glory, Carnival Sensation, and Empress of the Seas.

I think I may have mentioned that the coffee here at Marriott Biscayne Bay is very good, and I may need just one more before I leave for the pier.

There is considerable thunder outside, but the forecast calls for this to clear up before sail away. My next post should be onboard beautiful MSC Divina.

Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

I will be leaving soon for the pier

A2.JPG

Divina Webcam shows how cloudy it is. . .

A6.JPG

The sun should appear later this afternoon

A5.JPG

My Luggage tags have been printed and affixed. . .

TAG.JPG

MSC Divina is docked at Cruise Terminal F today. . .

PM3.JPG

Marriott Biscayne Bay is very close to the pier

MAPMAR1.JPG

We got a Black status match within 2 hours of applying on line. We got a bowl of fruit in our cabin on the first day also bath robes. We got our first bottle of prosecco with chocolate dipped strawberries the next day. We got priority for the tender boat, an invite to black card members party and also welcome back cocktail party. 2 chocolate ships, 2 vouchers for a set menu dinner for 2 in one of the speciality restaurants,MSC logo duffel bags each, a dancing lesson and a one hour thermal session in the spa and an extended time for disembarking back in Miami. Not bad for a first cruise! Each time we returned to our cabin we seemed to have an envelope with an invite or a gift waiting for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nice......that's what we are....Black Card. Might seriously think about sailing from Florida, if they don't bring a ship to New York. Thanks for that information.

Sounds like Radio will be in for a treat....

Gwen :)

Watching the webcam. Empress, Divina, Glory and Escape, nicely lined up. Now...you have had plenty of time to get that cup of coffee you love. Get your fanny moving over to the port!!!! Have a GREAT time. I am so looking forward to this review, as I have my first MSC cruise booked!!!

Hello everyone . . . I left the hotel this morning at about 11:20 and made it to the pier in just 10min. The Taxi fare was only $15. I went into the terminal and showed my boarding pass and passed through the security scanner very quickly . . . no one was in line. I went up the escalator and asked which line was for MSC Black. I was checked in quickly and boarded immediately. From Terminal entry to boarding took 15 minutes.

The ship so far is stunning, and photos you may have seen do not do it justice. I have only viewed a small part of this ship, but I am impressed. I have a few days to check things out. I was able to buy the Streamer Package for internet, and it was at a reasonable price ($52) for the whole week. I have a standard balcony cabin on the port side of Deck 10. I am sure that I will sleep good tonight.

It is still raining but I am sure, it will clear up later . . . There are blue skies to the south.

Embarkation day is stressful for many passengers, but things should calm down as the day moves on.

The ship is stunning. . . The mirrors onboard will drive me bonkers by next Saturday. So far I have only been the buffet for a few minutes, but the choices seem to be endless.

Here are a few pics from today so far. . .

Radio

I arrive at the Terminal

A12.JPG

The check in area was not very busy

A15.JPG

I approach the gangway after just a few minutes

A16.JPG

OK Now . . . Almost on board

A24.JPG

I made it on board !

A25.JPG

I have a lot to explore.