Questions About Sabor

We are cruising for the first time on RCCL on Freedom of the Seas in June. I have read a lot of good reviews about the food at Sabor, but I am unfamiliar with how the specialty dining works, exactly.

i know there is a per person cover charge for the restaurant. In Sabor, does that cover everything, as much as we want, or is it a credit towards items on the menu? Also, I am assuming that Tequila and/or Margaritas are not included.

Anything else I need to know?

We are cruising for the first time on RCCL on Freedom of the Seas in June. I have read a lot of good reviews about the food at Sabor, but I am unfamiliar with how the specialty dining works, exactly.

i know there is a per person cover charge for the restaurant. In Sabor, does that cover everything, as much as we want, or is it a credit towards items on the menu? Also, I am assuming that Tequila and/or Margaritas are not included.

Anything else I need to know?

The cover charge for Sabor on Freedom covers one entree and multiple appetizers. Beverages are not included.

Edited by clarea

If we already have the Replenish Package, cokes would be covered in the restaurant, right?

That question is probably a waste of time, since more than likely we will be drinking Margaritas LOL

Yes should be.

Everyone says Sabor might be the best restaurant on RC ships. I'm excited to try on Allure in January.

We were just on Allure and loved Sabor! It was a la carte but very reasonably priced. Definitely try the table guacamole. It was probably my favourite meal of the entire cruise [emoji4]

We were just on Allure and loved Sabor! It was a la carte but very reasonably priced. Definitely try the table guacamole. It was probably my favourite meal of the entire cruise [emoji4]

so we do not confuse the OP:

it is a la carte on Oasis Class ships. on the other classes it is a flat rate that covers one entree and as much as you want of anything else.

personally we are not fans but we hate Mexican food ( as well as Tex Mex and CaliMex)

Thanks for the clarification, but I understood you were speaking about on Allure :)

I have seen enough posts from Bob to realize he knows what he's talking about.:D

it is a la carte on Oasis Class ships. on the other classes it is a flat rate that covers one entree and as much as you want of anything else.

Thanks for the clarification bc I was confused about this as well. Just watched a periscope of someone on an Oasis class ship and they said that it was a la carte but then read a blog that said that it was a flat price.

Does anyone have the menu from the Oasis class that they could post? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

so we do not confuse the OP:

personally we are not fans but we hate Mexican food ( as well as Tex Mex and CaliMex)

DH & I tried Sabor for the first time in April on our Oasis cruise. LOVED it (especially the Margaritas!:D) What is the cover charge on Explorer, our next cruise, and is there a different cover charge for lunch & dinner (like Giovanni's)?

Thanks for any information!

DH & I tried Sabor for the first time in April on our Oasis cruise. LOVED it (especially the Margaritas!:D) What is the cover charge on Explorer, our next cruise, and is there a different cover charge for lunch & dinner (like Giovanni's)?

Thanks for any information!

Has it made it to Explorer:confused:

Edited by jonbgd

Do ANY of the Premium restaurants work like the MDR where you can get multiple entrees?

From what I can tell Chops, Giovanni, Sabor all limit you. Izumi is ala carte. And evidently Sabor is ala carte on some ships.

I go on cruises to stuff my face with as much food as possible for a week. This whole 1 entree thing is pretty worrisome.

Do ANY of the Premium restaurants work like the MDR where you can get multiple entrees?...

You can get multiple entrees, you just have to pay extra for any beyond the first one.

I can't remember the margaritas even though I KNOW my sister and I ordered one on Navigator in 2014. This is probably because we also ordered a pitcher of sangria after the margaritas!!!! :D:D:D THAT SANGRIA WAS WONDERFUL! LOL!!!

Freedom had a white sangria that was...interesting. It was kinda dry (if that makes sense) but still pretty good.

Also, the chicken and corn roasted empanadas and the chicken stuffed jalapenos were awesome!!! I had both these dishes on both Navigator and Freedom.

My son didn't care for the yucca barrel fries but I did. I think he liked the queso fundido and he loved the chili calamari.

Enjoy!!!

Edited by tlatrice

Which margarita was the best?

I understand it is subjective?

Mt fav is the Cucumber/Jalepeno. Sabor has the best margaritas on the ship. BTW, while on the Nvigator, the margaritas were an upcharge of $2 more than everywhere else. We paid the difference. But while on the Indy, there was no up charge. Did I say great margaritas!!!!

Looking forward to trying this on Navigator in a few weeks time. On the navigator is it then just as much as you can eat? We will have the premium drinks package, does that then include the margaritas in sabor?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you purchase the drink package on oasis/allure it's no additional charge for margaritas.

Personally I would not waste a specialty restaurant on this I would just pay a la carte.

Looking forward to trying this on Navigator in a few weeks time. On the navigator is it then just as much as you can eat? We will have the premium drinks package, does that then include the margaritas in sabor?

One entree and as many appetizers and desserts as you want.

We were on Freedom last month and loved Sabor so much we ate there twice.

On Saturday (last sea day) they had a guacamole and margarita making class. Basically you watch a waiter make the margaritas, but you got to make your own guac from a recipe at your table. They gave each table an avacado tool to bring home and you got recipes for all three margaritas and the guac. We were in heaven!!

The margaritas are fantastic! The classic, The Grand Sabor (acai) and the Sweet and Spice are what come in the margarita flight. My husband and I loved the Sweet and Spice and my sister adored the Grand Sabor.

If you go, ask to sit in Juan's section. He was delightful and incredibly generous with the number of plates served to us.