Rock The Boat

Looking for some advice... Prices for Rock The Boat 2017 are quite high not sure if this is because its only just been released. The line up is great but I dont want to book & then the price drops.

Has anyone watched the prices on chartered cruises... Do they fluctuate throughout the year???? Thanks

These Music cruises are very popular and the ones that I have watched a bit closer have never really dropped in price from the opening sales. The demand is high and they (P&O) know that they can charge the higher prices for them. That said, you never know, the bubble may burst and the prices may fall. I wish you luck.:D

These Music cruises are very popular and the ones that I have watched a bit closer have never really dropped in price from the opening sales. The demand is high and they (P&O) know that they can charge the higher prices for them. That said, you never know, the bubble may burst and the prices may fall. I wish you luck.:D

Thank you... Thats what I thought although this one is Royal Caribbean !Mmmm what to do ???

Edited by simmo67

Yeah, this isn't anything to do with P&O.

They're chartered and the guy running them sets the price as he wants and it stays there until sold.

The only price reductions will be if there are any cabins remaining at the last minute (like lasttix). But they're popular so only a small chance of that.

No matter who the cruise line is, the same would apply. It even extends to the comedy and food and wine cruises. They are very, very, popular and demand creates the rising prices until the last minute (months) sales to get a sell out.

No matter who the cruise line is, the same would apply. It even extends to the comedy and food and wine cruises. They are very, very, popular and demand creates the rising prices until the last minute (months) sales to get a sell out.

The price also reflects the extras that are provided . In this case you are paying for a normal cruise ...ie Hotel and Food , and a separate entity is providing the top notch entertainment shows concerts and the many extra events .

The price also reflects the extras that are provided . In this case you are paying for a normal cruise ...ie Hotel and Food , and a separate entity is providing the top notch entertainment shows concerts and the many extra events .

Correct, I have participated in a Comedy cruise and it was jammed packed with extra activities with comedians and workshops etc. as well as the stand up sessions. It was wonderful and great fun.:D

I have done their first Bravo cruise and lots of my friends have done every Rock the Boat charter for past 6 years. The Choose Your Cruise group charter the ship for the whole month each year and do 4 different charters in that month (Bravo, Groove, Country and Rock). Most sell 3/4 out during the cruise the year before in pre sales before the artists are even named and before it goes on sale to the public. They have a waiting list ready to go each year.

There are no sales or price drops because every one sells out so fast so Mick is not inclined to discount. Plus if you add up what it would cost to see each individual A lister artist - then each of the B list pub gig artists - plus accom and 3 meals a day - it comes to good value even while being dearer than the standard 7-8 day cruise.

As they are a private charter they are not listed on the Royal Caribbean website and they differ from the normal RC cruises in that there are no drinks packages (except coffee and soft drink) and all tipping is included in the set price.

The Choose Your Cruise website (not sure if I am allowed to link - just add dot com dot au) has the full list of artists up.

• 4 weeks later...

I turn 70 later this year - and I am reaching the stage where I will soon refuse to go on any ship that will take somebody as old as me as a passenger!!! However - I did think about this latest "Rock the Boat " cruise - until I saw the list of entertainers. How is Chubby Checker going to do the Twist in a wheel chair???? And nearly all the other entertainers were adults when I was a young teenager!!!!!

I turn 70 later this year - and I am reaching the stage where I will soon refuse to go on any ship that will take somebody as old as me as a passenger!!! However - I did think about this latest "Rock the Boat " cruise - until I saw the list of entertainers. How is Chubby Checker going to do the Twist in a wheel chair???? And nearly all the other entertainers were adults when I was a young teenager!!!!!

LOL,

Gerry's Pacemakers makes an appearance on every cruise.:p