May 28 Empress first sailing back with RCI live review (many pictures!)

I'd have been sleeping in the atrium night 1

Absolutely. I can overlook a lot of things. A cabin that is 85+ degrees is NOT one of those things :mad: At this point, a full refund is certainly due to those experiencing this. Absolutely pathetic

Another Facebook review:

employees walked off today a quit due to conditions and people demanded to fly home from grand Cayman and today from key west they couldn't wait another day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Another Facebook review:

employees walked off today a quit due to conditions and people demanded to fly home from grand Cayman and today from key west they couldn't wait another day.

I've heard rumblings of this, I thankfully haven't seen anything negative, this is one of the best cruises I've been on personally but it's the most glitchy I've ever been on too. I think due to us being in a suite we are shielded from a lot of this and don't see it

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I've heard rumblings of this, I thankfully haven't seen anything negative, this is one of the best cruises I've been on personally but it's the most glitchy I've ever been on too. I think due to us being in a suite we are shielded from a lot of this and don't see it

What has been good? I am most worried about the AC and lack of food. Are all rooms having AC issues or just some?

What has been good? I am most worried about the AC and lack of food. Are all rooms having AC issues or just some?

There is plenty of food. There is a lack of variety of food. But we go to Boleros and they have all types of small snacks for us when we go. Our room's AC works fine, and as I understand it, it's only an issue with some rooms. I am assuming it is ones below deck 6, no proof other than seeing repair folks on those decks below than I do on 7-10.

I'd like to do a report on my cruise next week. How did you post the pictures, I don't know how to do it?

Thanks!!

I downloaded the taptalk app, added this thread and uploaded from there

There is plenty of food. There is a lack of variety of food. But we go to Boleros and they have all types of small snacks for us when we go. Our room's AC works fine, and as I understand it, it's only an issue with some rooms. I am assuming it is ones below deck 6, no proof other than seeing repair folks on those decks below than I do on 7-10.

Are children allowed in Boleros?

Edited by ctsharpie05

Are children aloud in Boleros?

Yes. The video arcade is right in front of the Boleros entrance and they filter between the two areas regularly.

Yes. The video arcade is right in front of the Boleros entrance and they filter between the two areas regularly.

Great, thank you!

I'd like to do a report on my cruise next week. How did you post the pictures, I don't know how to do it?

Thanks!!

You upload your photos to some photo sharing site like FlickR, and then put links to the photos in your posts here on CC.

I know how hot it can be with no a/c in a cabin. My experience was in December a few years on HAL. It was miserable, but it must be unbearable to have this situation in June. HAL did the right thing after the fact and gave a generous future cruise credit. It does not help when you are struggling to sleep at night while enduring the heat. I dreaded the four of us taking showers in the morning as it just made the stagnant air worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had heard that heads were going to roll after the initial and secondary debacles.

When is the press going to do their due diligence and report what has been going on and covered up? Senior Management at RCCL and RCI have been robbing Peter to pay Paul to keep their vision of Empress's prospects for Cuba alive.

It has been an unmitigated disaster. I really feel for all crew members and guests who have suffered through this.

Enough is enough already!!!

I had heard that heads were going to roll after the initial and secondary debacles.

When is the press going to do their due diligence and report what has been going on and covered up? Senior Management at RCCL and RCI have been robbing Peter to pay Paul to keep their vision of Empress's prospects for Cuba alive.

It has been an unmitigated disaster. I really feel for all crew members and guests who have suffered through this.

Enough is enough already!!!

I guess I am unclear as to what you what 'the press' to be doing?

Just finished going through the entire thread. Appreciate ali the postings, comments, and pictures.

We were booked on Empress early May and it was cancelled. Appears that might have been a good thing. Hope all of those on board had a good time!

Thanks for the posts!

Mike (and Doris)

:) :)

I've seen a few posts regarding the lack of choices and food for dinner. Did someone post the dinner menu choices? Or a photo of the menu? I'd love to see the link to the post if so.

I will head down to the mdr and see if they have the menu outside. If not, I am not going in tonight, so won't be able to get it for you

Here's another extra wrinkle for tomorrow.d28671ff25f9237c34e28350cfa531e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same thing on Enchantment last week. Not something special for your ship or your sailing.

You sailed out of the U.S. You went to a foreign country. (the Bahamas). You are now re-entering the U.S. You must identify yourself and be approved for entry.

You upload your photos to some photo sharing site like FlickR, and then put links to the photos in your posts here on CC.

You can upload photos directly from your phone with the Tapatalk app.edaf8799974e7db503bd01c7d9694d9c.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by Big_G