Santorini

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There is lots of information about Santorini on the Ports of Call board for Italy. Many people have done the 600 steps, down is better than up...Problem is you are sharing them with donkeys who push you aside, and leave souvenirs behind...EM

We have not done the boat to Oia, but have done the bus both ways. Sounds like you would not like a window seat on the bus ride.

As to the walk. Do it early if you are going to walk up. It gets hot and the donkeys mark the path. :) Coming down can be slippery so walk carefully. Also watch for the donkey rushing down.

Hi visiting Santorini in June has anyone done boat trip to Oia, then to Fira by bus? Asking because I don't like heights and don't want to use cable car to Fira. Also has anyone walked up 600 steps to Fira? was it ok?

Keep in mind that both Thira and Oia are on top of the mountain and you have to get up there some way.

My wife has walked up to the top of the mountain and I have taken the donkeys, instead of the cable car.