Ordering multiple entrees/apps allowed? Please no judging! :)

jojo412

You know they have a gym on board! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]I thinks that's great. You enjoy your food, wish I could. Too much your fat your fat your fat, even when I wasn't overweight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, we use the on board gym. When you get home you're now eating more normally & can lose the pounds pretty fast.

They sure are! My dad used to cast for them when we were younger. Note fresh off the boat also means with the heads on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we eat the fried shrimp we usually eat them head & all. Salt & pepper shrimp is what we call them. We usually find them head on in Chinese rest. My spouse is Chinese so it's how I eat them. Then again, I eat a lot of things most Americans are too afraid to try.

I remember going to a fish market and asking one of the sellers if the fish was fresh or frozen. He responded "fresh, frozen."

We live on coastal Georgia and you can find shrimp and fish that is just off the boat. Some of the shrimpers do out to sea some distance and must use ice. Others harvest close to shore and return every day with their catch. The wild Georgia shrimp is great. One reason we don't eat the farm raised at places like Red Lobster.

We used to have a fair amount of Red Lobster places here in New England. Most are now gone as they can't compete with the more fresh catch that we have here. A lot is still frozen at sea, but the ships stay out there for shorter duration. The "day" boat(if it's TRUE day boat)is fresh caught.

We cruise royal and celebrity a lot. I always get 2-3 appetizers and a couple entrees and usually desert to go. I usually ask to bring the meat without all those sides. Never once have they had a problem. It's vacation try everything and eat what you like the most :)

We cruise royal and celebrity a lot. I always get 2-3 appetizers and a couple entrees and usually desert to go. I usually ask to bring the meat without all those sides. Never once have they had a problem. It's vacation try everything and eat what you like the most :)

I so agree with the try something new.

We try and order something new at least once a week, if you don't like it you can always get something else.

My husband and I start with a soup or salad each. Then we order 1 entree of pasta and have them split it onto two plates so effectively a second appetizer. We each order one entree but I often order a side dish of vegetables from one of the other entrees because I find the veg portion is never enough for me.

Even when we used to cruise with our children we have never had a request denied. They aim to please.

I do hope though, that folks are eating most of what they order. I hate to think of people ordering 3 entrees just to sample them and then wasting most of it.

My husband and I start with a soup or salad each. Then we order 1 entree of pasta and have them split it onto two plates so effectively a second appetizer. We each order one entree but I often order a side dish of vegetables from one of the other entrees because I find the veg portion is never enough for me.

Even when we used to cruise with our children we have never had a request denied. They aim to please.

I do hope though, that folks are eating most of what they order. I hate to think of people ordering 3 entrees just to sample them and then wasting most of it.

My parents grew up during the Depression and Mom generally cooked exactly what we were expected to eat for a meal. I was expected to clean my plate. Waste was not an option.

I like that idea.

• 1 month later...

Was just on board the Solstice May 20th Alaskan cruise, on day 6 (semi-chic night) lobster was one of the entree choices in the MDR. The couple next to us ordered "double" lobster entrees and when those came, ordered two more lobster entrees. Wait staff did not say a thing about each one of them eating three lobsters each.

Was just on board the Solstice May 20th Alaskan cruise, on day 6 (semi-chic night) lobster was one of the entree choices in the MDR. The couple next to us ordered "double" lobster entrees and when those came, ordered two more lobster entrees. Wait staff did not say a thing about each one of them eating three lobsters each.

They wanted to be sure they were getting their monies worth.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

They wanted to be sure they were getting their monies worth.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yes especially since the size of the lobster tails are substantially smaller than they used to be.

Back awhile ago when I hit a royal flush on a Vegas video poker machine at 4am on my birthday, that night I ordered a 5# lobster at $21.95/#. It was GREAT! :D

My Grandson is 22 and is tall and pretty skinny. We can't figure out where he's putting the food, but he eats A LOT! He's been going on cruises with the family since he was 3 and he started ordering off he adult menu pretty young. He always orders multiple apps and usually orders multiple mains and a couple of desserts. There's no waste there and we give the waiter a heads up on night one. We've always had wonderful waiters who understood and were wonderful. I've been known to order a couple of apps but I only order one main. If I don't look like I'm eating it all, they've always come over and asked if I am not enjoying it and want to try something else. I have to save a little room for dessert. We've always sailed Royal but are going on Celebrity this year for the FIRST TIME. We're anxious to see the differences in the food/menu. We will be Elite on Celebrity so we aren't sure what to expect but we are excited. The Equinox is doing the Caribbean next summer. Should we expect the menu to be the same as it is on the Equinox this year while doing the Med cruise? Also, we have the drink pkg included which was included with the booking. I'm assuming this is the Basic or Classic rather than the premium. Anyone know what's included in that one?

Also, we have the drink pkg included which was included with the booking. I'm assuming this is the Basic or Classic rather than the premium. Anyone know what's included in that one?

Most of the booking specials had the Premium as the drink perk. Ck with whom you booked with as it does make a huge difference in how to answer your question.

Is the lobster on Celebrity good enough to warrant ordering more than one? Maybe it's just that I'm not that big a lobster fan, but I've cruised Disney, Carnival, and RCCL and have yet to be impressed with lobster on a cruise. I've gotten to the point where I don't even order it any more because it's usually too dry and kind of meh. I'll have to give the lobster a whirl next year on my first Celebrity cruise.

-- Kevin

Is the lobster on Celebrity good enough to warrant ordering more than one? Maybe it's just that I'm not that big a lobster fan, but I've cruised Disney, Carnival, and RCCL and have yet to be impressed with lobster on a cruise. I've gotten to the point where I don't even order it any more because it's usually too dry and kind of meh. I'll have to give the lobster a whirl next year on my first Celebrity cruise.

-- Kevin

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Its not bad.

-- Kevin

And it is even better when prepped table side in Murano! Even if there is an added cost.

murano.jpg.1eb64da3afce8ed2477e29f6ce89feab.jpg

Most of the booking specials had the Premium as the drink perk. Ck with whom you booked with as it does make a huge difference in how to answer your question.

It's always been the Classic package when I've had it and suspect the same for griffy116. From the website, the Classic:

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

The Premium:

Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving. Indulge in unique craft cocktails, extra-large martinis, even liquid nitrogen-chilled cocktails. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

It depends upon you drinking habits of course, but I found it well worthwhile upgrading the the Premium for $10 a day + 18% gratuity (which you can do) for the less restrictive list and as a martini drinker it was much better because of the higher per drink allowance and wider choice.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

It's always been the Classic package when I've had it and suspect the same for griffy116. .[/i]

Phil

Depends on the sailing in 2017 Phil. Almost all the new Equinox year round sailings have the Premium as the drink pkg perk. That is what we got for our Nov 2017 cruise, with grats, OBC, unlimited internet, on top of a $250 discount, and the 1 cat upgrade.

The Equinox deals right now are the best I have ever seen from Celebrity.

A balcony on the slant, all in, for about $150 a day pp.

EW

Edited by wallie5446

-- Kevin

In the MDR it's hit an miss but lately, mostly miss. If you like good lobster, you won't be impressed because the tails tend to be smaller and sometimes sit too long awaiting server pick up. Of course this could be cook, server or ship related. YMMV

-- Kevin

My husand ate mine...I prefer Maine lobster, and this was a warm water lobster, overcooked. I had some good meals on Celebrity, but lobster wasn't one of them.

As to ordering extra courses...I had the opposite problem. When walking to our table, I saw the entree on another table that I knew I would order, but it was a larger portion than I could eat (I love to have appetizer through to dessert and waitstaff are displeased if we don't order everything;)). So I asked our server to please bring me a smaller serving of the entree...he said that was not possible because the kitchen staff have photos to look at when assembling plates! I absolutely hate wasting food and try never to order too much, but this time food went into the garbage:(. Nevertheless, we had a great cruise.

As to ordering extra courses...I had the opposite problem. When walking to our table, I saw the entree on another table that I knew I would order, but it was a larger portion than I could eat (I love to have appetizer through to dessert and waitstaff are displeased if we don't order everything;)). So I asked our server to please bring me a smaller serving of the entree...he said that was not possible because the kitchen staff have photos to look at when assembling plates! I absolutely hate wasting food and try never to order too much, but this time food went into the garbage:(. Nevertheless, we had a great cruise.

We have never had a problem getting the app size of a main or the main size of an app, on any line.