CNN International on RCCL Ships

Is anyone else tired of CNN International and their lack of news coverage of the western world?

If you are unhappy with the content of CNN International, shouldn't you be voicing your concerns to them and not on a cruise message board?

Edited by time4u2go

:)

If you are unhappy with the content of CNN International, shouldn't you be voicing your concerns to them and not on a cruise message board?

The title of this thread is "CNN International on RCCL Ships"

My kid watches CNN on his phone during study hall at school. He does the same on board with Voom if he wants to know what's going on in the rest of the world.

Me, I am SOOOOOOO looking forward to not hearing ANYTHING about the USA's presidential elections for a whole week on my cruise in August!!!!!

For many years we didn't turn on the TV for days at a time when cruising. Now we're less active and would enjoy some better TV selections. Even though I don't feel Fox is "fair and balanced," I miss it since RCI discontinued it. We are now left with no news except CNN International and the Headline News network, both of which seem to be just the same thing repeated over and over.

We would greatly enjoy some of the programs they used to run about the building of a ship - those were really interesting and appropriate to a cruise audience.

Margy

I just want anything not left on a loop! I was going to scream if they showed the same episode of 2 broke girls again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

best way to learn a foreign language though.. on a loop in English on channel 5 and the same episode on channel 8 in German! ( or French or Japanese or ....) heheheh

Regular/US CNN is on TV on the ships. It's US sometimes and international sometimes.

True, I guess I was venting because of the sea days on my last TA with endless rebroadcasts of promos for "Inside Africa".

best way to learn a foreign language though.. on a loop in English on channel 5 and the same episode on channel 8 in German! ( or French or Japanese or ....) heheheh

Lol, so true....guess I better pick a language for my next cruise....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About the only times we turn on the TV are when we're cleaning up to get ready for dinner, and for a short time before going to bed. Or if there are rough seas, we take a look at the bridge channel to see what's being reported there, and we use the TV to check our account daily. We usually check in on CNN some and then channel graze a little to see if there's anything of interest when we have a little time in the cabin.

On Liberty last month, there was a channel with some oldish movies that ran repeatedly, so we laughed about watching a movie in 20 minute segments as by the end of the week we had seen the whole thing in pieces. Even more entertaining, though, is that although these movies were in English on whatever channel we were watching, all the commercials were in Spanish!

Judy

• 1 month later...
Count your blessings that it is CNN. They had Fox before.:mad:

Anyone who would suggest there is a difference between the two has been sucked in by one or the others spin.