Cab to Ft Lauderdale cruise port

candfandm

Do the cabs pick up from all the hotels in Ft. Lauderdale to transport to the cruise port? I would rather not take a shuttle to the port. Do you need to reserve a cab in advance or just call when you are ready? Didn't know if there would be a long wait if it's a busy cruise day?

Yes they do...many hotel's will have taxi's lined up just waiting especially on busy cruise days..otherwise the front desk will call one for you...no need to pre-reserve taxi's in Fort Lauderdale to get to the port...no need to do a shuttle as a taxi will be quicker and less expensive.

Thank you Ashland, just what I wanted to hear.

When we have needed a minivan taxi, we reserved one the night before as sometimes they are not available right away in the hotel line.

Taxis are all over the place on cruise ship days. Often they are dropping people off at your hotel who just got off a ship, so if you leave around 10 am you normally can get one of these.

Do the cabs pick up from all the hotels in Ft. Lauderdale to transport to the cruise port.........?

I am looking for similar advice, albeit transportation in the reverse direction; from the cruise port to the airport. Have read various less than flattering commentaries about the Fort Lauderdale taxi industry. Overcharging, dirty cars, longer than necessary roundabout trips, etc.

I can reserve a seat on the cruise line bus, but their drop-off point means hauling luggage, and a wife in a wheelchair quite a long distance. I think a taxi will drop us close to our airline check-in counter. Anybody care to offer comments or advice??

I am looking for similar advice, albeit transportation in the reverse direction; from the cruise port to the airport. Have read various less than flattering commentaries about the Fort Lauderdale taxi industry. Overcharging, dirty cars, longer than necessary roundabout trips, etc.

I can reserve a seat on the cruise line bus, but their drop-off point means hauling luggage, and a wife in a wheelchair quite a long distance. I think a taxi will drop us close to our airline check-in counter. Anybody care to offer comments or advice??

We have always taken a taxi from the cruise port to FLL. No problem in getting a taxi. Never had a problem with overcharging. Rate runs about $15-$20 per taxi and not per person. Lot cheaper and quicker than the cruise lines.

Taxis are plentiful at Port Everglades to take you to the airport.

Like any area sometimes one cab is in better condition than another and sometimes one driver is friendlier than another.

Nothing unique about this city versus another one.

Price is metered and fairly reasonable. It's a short drive between port and airport.

Keith

Taxis are plentiful at Port Everglades to take you to the airport.

Like any area sometimes one cab is in better condition than another and sometimes one driver is friendlier than another.

Nothing unique about this city versus another one.

Price is metered and fairly reasonable. It's a short drive between port and airport.

Keith

I second this. Same experiences from port to airport.

Last year we took a cab from Port Everglades to airport at a flat rate (not metered) probably because it's just too close. I believe it was $10 per person. Starter was quick at loading folks into taxis and the line of available taxis just kept coming as did the disembarking passengers - drop off - pickup. That's how all the taxi drivers must have spent their day. Sure worked for us. But maybe things have changed? If you've had recent experience, please let me know.

Thanks. I live by the feedback on this board.

Last year we took a cab from Port Everglades to airport at a flat rate (not metered) probably because it's just too close. I believe it was $10 per person. Starter was quick at loading folks into taxis and the line of available taxis just kept coming as did the disembarking passengers - drop off - pickup. That's how all the taxi drivers must have spent their day. Sure worked for us. But maybe things have changed? If you've had recent experience, please let me know.

I have never seen a taxi at FLL use a flat rate, especially one that is PER PERSON. A shuttle perhaps, but not a taxi. Normally the taxi fare from the HAL pier to the airport is $13-15 as I recall.

What about Uber? Is it less expensive and just as easy to take an Uber from hotel in FLL to the port and from port to airport (MIA or FLL)?

Your post is somewhat confusing to me. :confused: FLL to what port - POM or PE? What port to what airport?

Uber is available at both MIA and FLL airports as well as from POM or PE. Generally cheaper than a taxi unless surge pricing is in effect.

You shouldn't have been charged per person. There are signs by the taxi stands in Port Everglades specifically saying "meter only" -- no flat rates or minimums. I hope you weren't more than two people, or else you got ripped off.