First cruise,Alaska,need advice

mrtool2u

Doing our first cruise ever mid June,,Alaska south 7 days on norwegian sun. Looking for any do's and dont's. It is our best friends 35th anniv,,we are all in 50s to lo 60s but very active. My friend went with the dining package,,which I believe we can eat at one of the specialty restaurants on 4 nights,or possibly 3. We do not have the drink package,I cannot drink 50 dollars worth of beer in one day so not really worth it to me to add it on.. Should we make reservations ahead of time,are they necessary. Any pointers MUCH appreciated,thanks in advance.

There are no "dos or don'ts"...it's really all about what's important to YOU!

You don't need a "package" to do anything....everything is available "a la carte"..so don't worry about that!

NCL is freestyle....they are all about "winging" it....I guess you can make reservations if you want to....the popular times (6:45- 7:30) will be packed....if you eat earlier or later, it shouldn't be a huge problem.

Doing our first cruise ever mid June,,Alaska south 7 days on norwegian sun. Looking for any do's and dont's. It is our best friends 35th anniv,,we are all in 50s to lo 60s but very active. My friend went with the dining package,,which I believe we can eat at one of the specialty restaurants on 4 nights,or possibly 3. We do not have the drink package,I cannot drink 50 dollars worth of beer in one day so not really worth it to me to add it on.. Should we make reservations ahead of time,are they necessary. Any pointers MUCH appreciated,thanks in advance.

Which date are you sailing?

Doing our first cruise ever mid June,,Alaska south 7 days on norwegian sun. Looking for any do's and dont's. It is our best friends 35th anniv,,we are all in 50s to lo 60s but very active. My friend went with the dining package,,which I believe we can eat at one of the specialty restaurants on 4 nights,or possibly 3. Any pointers MUCH appreciated,thanks in advance.

DO spend as much time as possible on your balcony or in areas with views of the ocean. We were on an Alaskan cruise last summer and watched whales and dolphin every evening.

DO make reservations for your specialty dining. Reservations open 90 days prior to sailing, so it is likely that prime time dining is already sold out. NCL holds tables for onboard bookings, so if you can not reserve a table online, make sure to do that as soon as you get on the shiop.

DON'T miss out attending as much of the onboard entertainment as possible. Make a point to sit in each of the bars and lounges to see the entertainment at night.

DO plan for some cold weather while glacier watching (it make be hot in ports, but have your jacket and hat for glacier days).

DON'T miss out visiting each of the ports. See the sights of Alaska and enjoy the port cities.

DO enjoy yourself! Have Fun! Make some memories for the next 35 years.

DO join your roll call to find out who is going to be on the cruise with you and see if they have any fun private tours that you can join.

DO go to your ships Meet & Greet and make some new friends. Since your current friends are celebrating their anniversary, maybe they need some alone time and you can meet up with folks from the M&G for dinner/lunch.

DO check the weather a couple of days before you go. You may not need a heavy jacket after all!

DO have fun. Alaska is great!

The weather in Alaska is fickle....it could be very pleasant, then again it could be cold and rainy. Generally it doesn't get hot there, best thing to do is wear layers.

You won't need to dress up at all (sport jacket, tie etc.) Bring casual clothes. Nor will you have to sit with a set group of people, or eat at a specific time......freestyle is eat where, when, and with whom ever you want to.

Bring a power strip so you can charge your devices at one time.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise! :)