What's the Deal with RCL Agents????

It doesn't matter if you understand them or not, they are all worthless and know nothing and will say anything to get you to take out a credit card.

Wow, tell us how you really feel. [emoji51]

If you hate this company so much why do you spend so much time on the Royal boards?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm guessing it's a call center in Costa Rica.

You know, the investment we make in cruising, I'd prefer speaking with anyone, regardless of where they're from, to be able to pronounce properly in English, answers to my questions. This isn't hard to do.

A few years back I had to call HP tech support and always usually spoke with the same agent. She was in India. We talked quite a lot and realized she spoke with an American accent better than most of us.

But, RCL, please get with the program and give us agents that we can understand.

Update. This prompted me to email customer service. It might not do any good, but:

"Since it's our cruise coming up next week, we've had to call for some questions. We're having a hard time understanding what your agents are saying, and quite often have to ask them to repeat what they are saying. With the amount of money we're investing in a vacation with RCL, I think we deserve getting an agent on the phone that we can understand. Their accents are just too difficult to work with."

Edited by johnjen

It's absurd. Almost everybody I have spoken with at the call center in the past year knows little to nothing about the topic at hand and proceeds to give me a sales pitch about a specialty restaurant package or prepaid gratuities.

I'm guessing it's a call center in Costa Rica.

I hear it's Guatemala. But I only get them when it's off hours. Seems they also answer the phone for lots of international calls.

From 8a.m. until 11p.m. EST I get the agents in Oregon, and they are A+++. Never a problem, great service!

RCCL, can you find staff to answer the phones in Oregon during off hours?

R&D

Wow, tell us how you really feel. [emoji51]

If you hate this company so much why do you spend so much time on the Royal boards?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't hate the company, but I did have a rather poor experience with their phone agents over the past week and my opinion is they know nothing and are only there to process credit cards and will say and do anything to get to that point.

Is it a requirement somewhere that we keep quiet bad experiences and only talk about good ones?

I don't hate the company, but I did have a rather poor experience with their phone agents over the past week and my opinion is they know nothing and are only there to process credit cards and will say and do anything to get to that point.

Is it a requirement somewhere that we keep quiet bad experiences and only talk about good ones?

Actually maxwell your comment was spot on, thanks for being on the level and don't worry about the pc crew giving you a ration.

Ours last week was a young lady from Portland. Completely charming, which works when my husband is spending our money on a good cause.

Does RCL export customer support outside the United States? I've had problems the past couple of days understanding what they are telling me....am I the only one experiencing this?

Its your right to ask for someone you can understand. Tell them you don't understand and want an american. They usually hang up................................RADICAL

Ha Ha Ha!!! When calling from Australia...we get an American...whom we can't understand half the time!!!! :D:D:D

What is wrong with you people? Could you be any more rude? And why haven't you called the office in Eugene, Oregon? That's who I call and have never had to wait or have never had any problems.

are there different numbers for Oregon and Guatemala?

Bill

Its your right to ask for someone you can understand. Tell them you don't understand and want an american. They usually hang up................................RADICAL

An American, LOL.

My MIL is American. She's lived here for 45ish years.

And you would NOT want her on a phone call. I've known her for 16 years and still sometimes need a translator.

So what you MEAN, but for some reason don't want to state clearly, is "someone who speaks American English fluently".

Of course, you could get someone answering the phone who is from South Carolina, where accents can be seriously thick. Or Georgia. Still very much American. And difficult for some to understand. Oh, or someone with a serious Brooklyn or Bronx accent? Those can be difficult for some.

Much easier to call during west coast business hours so you can get someone with, hopefully, a nice plain Oregon accent.

Ours last week was a young lady from Portland. Completely charming, which works when my husband is spending our money on a good cause.

What is wrong with you people? Could you be any more rude? And why haven't you called the office in Eugene, Oregon? That's who I call and have never had to wait or have never had any problems.

Springfield.

Does RCL export customer support outside the United States? I've had problems the past couple of days understanding what they are telling me....am I the only one experiencing this?

You do realize that even in the United States -as we do have many immigrants - people can have difficult-to-understand accents?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It does not matter if they are American or What ever nationally they are. WE Hearing impaired people cannot understand them. Yes the accent is the big problem but many "American" people do not ARTICULATE their words well, making verbal communication a PITA. Heck I have some doctors I have trouble understanding, funny one it truly American and another Indian who I can hear/understand plain as day.

I simply say I cannot understand you, please I am hearing impaired and your accent does not agree with my hearing. Some will automatically try and switch you to some one else others will carry on until you have to hang up and try again.

Edited by north29

It does not matter if they are American or What ever nationally they are. WE Hearing impaired people cannot understand them. Yes the accent is the big problem but many "American" people do not ARTICULATE their words well, making verbal communication a PITA. Heck I have some doctors I have trouble understanding, funny one it truly American and another Indian who I can hear/understand plain as day.

I simply say I cannot understand you, please I am hearing impaired and your accent does not agree with my hearing. Some will automatically try and switch you to some one else others will carry on until you have to hang up and try again.

I fully understand that.

I just find that many people when getting someone with a foreign accent automatically assume they are talking with someone IN another country - and that is not always the case.

I've never had a problem understanding a rep when calling Royal...whether it be the regular number or the crown and anchor number. Now trying to figure out why I'm seeing a different price online to what they are quoting is a different story. None of them can seem to tell me why the price is over $100 difference when I call in...that is until today. Spoke with a nice gentleman who explained why my price was higher than online.

I hope my brand new hearing aids help. It takes an extra 30 minutes sometimes to complete a call, not just to a cruise line (any of them), but IT, phone company, etc.

I spend a lot of time asking them to spell the word and that helps.

I didn't get hearing aids in order to hear, but to clarify what I'm hearing. I'm looking forward to the next call with someone with a strong accent.

BTW, I am bilingual myself, I speak English and Southern.

I work for a national bank whose call centers internal and external are overseas. If RCI is like us and what I have found to be for most call centers I have had to call for various businesses is that if you ask to speak to a supervisor than the calls are routed back to a person in the U.S. I have never asked for a supervisor and it was a person from the same country as the person I was talking to. :cool: