What's the Deal with RCL Agents????

2 out of probably 100 or so. It's unfortunate they were rude, but 2% is hardly representative of the whole department. Every time I talk to them they're very pleasant.

It might also be because I'm not rude and I don't act entitled. Not that I'm implying that you are, but I'm betting those agents get a lot of really rude people, all day every day. Calling them worthless, like one person on this thread did, doesn't help anyone.

I wish to heaven above Royal were able to publicly share my last call with them where I was calm, collected, polite, and the resolution manager went OFF on me; threatening to cancel my cruise, refusing to give me the name of anyone above her, flat out lying to me regarding the other agent I had spoken to.

It was one of the most bizarre customer service experiences I have had with any company, any time, anywhere. She literally snapped on me even though I was very polite, no foul language, in fact at that point I had asked for nothing other than to have Royal's policy in writing. I truly, truly wish a recording of the call were made publicly available because everyone would agree it was unprofessional and in no way what this company should employ as a representative.

Do I think she snapped because of my call? No. Do I believe she may have been having a bad day and / or personal issues? Yes. She profusely apologized for being "rude and belligerent" (her words, not mine). Do I think that is acceptable? No. Do I think she answered all my questions? No. Am I satisfied with how she resolved the issue? Not entirely, no.

What's the famous cruise critic mantra? if you don't like the answer you get from RC on the phone call back and get a different answer. if you don't like that one, call again. Just shows you how poor the training is. No consistency.

Once again, if it were possible for that call to be made publicly available I have NO DOUBT whatsoever people would be in agreement.

I'll send a letter to RC executives about it and ask for a response so at least they can address the issues caused by their phone agents with their multiple different answers.

For the record, I don't know where Annie the Resolutions Manager is stationed and I had no trouble with her accent. :rolleyes:

I wish to heaven above Royal were able to publicly share my last call with them where I was calm, collected, polite, and the resolution manager went OFF on me; threatening to cancel my cruise, refusing to give me the name of anyone above her, flat out lying to me regarding the other agent I had spoken to.

It was one of the most bizarre customer service experiences I have had with any company, any time, anywhere. She literally snapped on me even though I was very polite, no foul language, in fact at that point I had asked for nothing other than to have Royal's policy in writing. I truly, truly wish a recording of the call were made publicly available because everyone would agree it was unprofessional and in no way what this company should employ as a representative.

Do I think she snapped because of my call? No. Do I believe she may have been having a bad day and / or personal issues? Yes. She profusely apologized for being "rude and belligerent" (her words, not mine). Do I think that is acceptable? No. Do I think she answered all my questions? No. Am I satisfied with how she resolved the issue? Not entirely, no.

What's the famous cruise critic mantra? if you don't like the answer you get from RC on the phone call back and get a different answer. if you don't like that one, call again. Just shows you how poor the training is. No consistency.

Once again, if it were possible for that call to be made publicly available I have NO DOUBT whatsoever people would be in agreement.

I'll send a letter to RC executives about it and ask for a response so at least they can address the issues caused by their phone agents with their multiple different answers.

For the record, I don't know where Annie the Resolutions Manager is stationed and I had no trouble with her accent. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should start recording your calls.

I hear it's Guatemala. But I only get them when it's off hours. Seems they also answer the phone for lots of international calls.

From 8a.m. until 11p.m. EST I get the agents in Oregon, and they are A+++. Never a problem, great service!

RCCL, can you find staff to answer the phones in Oregon during off hours?

R&D

I'm with you. The agents I've spoken with have been great.

I'm with you. The agents I've spoken with have been great.

Oregon agents in particular are genuinely friendly. Every time I get someone from Oregon they go out of their way to help me, and most of the time they seem better informed. And if they don't know the answer, they'll go find out.

I usually book online, so don't have any contact with their agents, but all I have to say is, if the employees information systems suck as badly as Royal's public website, I feel sorry for them having to try to come up with an accurate answer to callers....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have worked for a company that had the most useless computers to try and work with- I could pick any one of 3 answers shown, since whenever they added information they didn't bother to delete the old, so you had to do a lot of reading before you could figure out the current correct answer. Add in a language problem at the call center, and it's a recipe for dissatisfied customers.

Ours last week was a young lady from Portland. Completely charming, which works when my husband is spending our money on a good cause.

FYI, the call center is in Springfield, OR. home of the Simpsons.

I usually book online, so don't have any contact with their agents, but all I have to say is, if the employees information systems suck as badly as Royal's public website, I feel sorry for them having to try to come up with an accurate answer to callers....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have worked for a company that had the most useless computers to try and work with- I could pick any one of 3 answers shown, since whenever they added information they didn't bother to delete the old, so you had to do a lot of reading before you could figure out the current correct answer. Add in a language problem at the call center, and it's a recipe for dissatisfied customers.

We are booked on the Harmony for next year, and I had a little snafu with the reservation (staterooms switching around when I didn't want them to). Got an Oregon agent who promptly fixed it and had a lovely conversation. And it would seem that you are correct; from what the agent told me they have a database that they get information from (like a Royal Wikipedia, if you will) and it's a LOT of information that is constantly changing.

Edited by QueenofKrakatoa
Missing words

:rolleyes:

But you know they won't so your story is safe here on CC. :D

Edited by Big_G

Tried that once. Fail on a price cut. She didn't notify us and I had a most difficult time reaching her. But hey, we might try it again one year. Not a bad idea.

Mine just recently advised me of a price reduction 1 hour before my price tracker emailed me. You need to find one you can depend on.

Well, good news. I called yesterday around 4pm - the agent spoke proper English! Very relieved and thanks for telling me to phone in on regular business hours. It's the difference between night and day.

Wow, tell us how you really feel. [emoji51]

If you hate this company so much why do you spend so much time on the Royal boards?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited by Arzeena

If you hate this company so much why do you spend so much time on the Royal boards?

Just as I thought; another Royal defender taking a pot shot and runs and hides when they don't like hearing that Royal screwed up. If Royal's misinformation cost you a chunk of money how would you feel? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Some of this posting is really funny. Some must be on private jets going from port to port reporting on the ships, harmony and empress come to mind, like they are on the ship. In between, they are calling from their jet and they are reporting that it's no use to call rci because "all" of the call center people are worthless. Really do people expect others to believe all this stuff:rolleyes:

It doesn't matter if you understand them or not, they are all worthless and know nothing and will say anything to get you to take out a credit card.

Just as I thought; another Royal defender taking a pot shot and runs and hides when they don't like hearing that Royal screwed up. If Royal's misinformation cost you a chunk of money how would you feel? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well you pretty much called people worthless liars so I doubt Bill's comment had anything to do with being a Royal defender. Just sayin'...

Well you pretty much called people worthless liars so I doubt Bill's comment had anything to do with being a Royal defender. Just sayin'...

Just calling out someone for taking a pot shot and running away. He asked a question and got an honest answer and has nothing to say now. What a stand up guy...

I expect no sympathy from anyone here, Royal can do no wrong and some people here take immense satisfaction dog piling on people when they get shafted. I'll reach out to the company direct but I suspect that won't go anywhere either.

I did not finish reading ALL the replies.

I have called RC many times in the last week and have received wonderful customer service. A few had a "not hard to understand accent". They were very knowledgable and helpful.

I wonder how people not from the US feel when they try to talk with us:eek:

We are booked on the Harmony for next year, and I had a little snafu with the reservation (staterooms switching around when I didn't want them to). Got an Oregon agent who promptly fixed it and had a lovely conversation. And it would seem that you are correct; from what the agent told me they have a database that they get information from (like a Royal Wikipedia, if you will) and it's a LOT of information that is constantly changing.

It seems you can't believe someone could possibly have a different experience than you.

I called a few days ago (during the evening) and had a great representative. He was probably one of the best and the first time I actually did the post call survey that's emailed out. He took care of concerns I had before I even mentioned them - he just opened my reservation and went to work. I could tell English wasn't his first language, but he spoke slow and carefully which allowed me to understand all he was saying. Hope I get him for all future calls I have!

Sorry your experience has been so poor. I have had great experience when I have called RCCL. Perhaps I am just calling during a time when US based Agents are working? Mine all seem to be US.

I did call at a different working hours time and got someone that had limited English. I said thanks and goodbye! Then called back in the day time and got the Oregon Call Center.

RCL doesn't do everything right by any means. Just depends how it affects each person, as to how bad it is.

Of course, you could get someone answering the phone who is from South Carolina, where accents can be seriously thick. Or Georgia. Still very much American.

Much easier to call during west coast business hours so you can get someone with, hopefully, a nice plain Oregon accent.

South Carolina , Still very much American?? Read up on your history. Check out the original 13 colonies.

M