Taking a couple days off ship in Mexico

Ramona760

My question is specific to a certain itinerary. Princess has a 10 day Baja and Mexico cruise. My question is can one get off in Cabo san Lucas, and get back on in the scheduled ports of La Paz or Loreto a day or so later and an then continue the cruise to Puerto Vallarta and back to L.A.? I understand about keeping your passport and maybe even a visa but is it doable without any other complications/fines? I have friends with family in La Paz and these 3 ports are an easy drive to one another.

And also taken into consideration the weather.. I understand if the ship is diverted it's on you. Has anyone done this?

To get an answer contact Princess directly or have your TA do so for you.

We have done this in Europe... need to make a request in writing and get approval in advance in writing. Request a "trip deviation". Generally need to state when you get off and on, and where you will be staying when off the ship, with contact information.

Passengers are allowed to do this in many circumstances. It must be approved in advance by Princess and they will get approval from local authorities in advance. Among other possible problems is they have to insure that there will be people on the dock to process you.

Passengers are allowed to do this in many circumstances. It must be approved in advance by Princess and they will get approval from local authorities in advance. Among other possible problems is they have to insure that there will be people on the dock to process you.

The line must OK it , and they will need to know that the necessary immigration authorities are also good with it.

As others say you need to contact the cruise line.

And history means nothing because sometimes cruise lines change rules as do the country you are visiting.

If they say yes confirm this in writing. And when you board confirm it again. Give your specific information to the on board people so they know where you are. And get the contact information for the port agent where you plan to reboard. Take your passport with you.

Keith

We've met pax who have done this.

Know that both Cabo and Loreto are tender ports.

This could be interesting - if the last port before returning home were Cabo and rough weather cancelled the tender port call and you were there with your overnight bag and the rest of your things were on the ship --- always worth considering the worst case - because sometimes it happens.

Is it possible that family and friends could meet up with you while the ship is in port? If it is an easy drive then this might make more practical sense then going through special arrangements with the cruise line and risk a tender port being cancelled.