jEWEL OF THE SEAS -AFT cabin

I am just about to confirm a booking for cabin#7172 on Jewel of the Seas. for Nov. We have never

booked an AFT cabin before. Has anyone sailed in this Cabin?. If you have I would love to hear the

Pros and Cons. Pictures would be great. Do you think that there would be a noise problem from

being over the lounge?. Any other information would be great.

Edited by can-cruise

I am just about to confirm a booking for cabin#7172 on Jewel of the Seas. for Nov. We have never

booked an AFT cabin before. Has anyone sailed in this Cabin?. If you have I would love to hear the

Pros and Cons. Pictures would be great. Do you think that there would be a noise problem from

being over the lounge?. Any other information would be great.

We sailed in this cabin a few years back. Nothing special about the cabin itself, it is the same as any other in its category. The balcony is much larger than a standard balcony though. When we sailed, there were two chairs, two loungers and a small table. The balcony is about the depth of the lounger but it is long. We were on a NE/Canada cruise and loved sitting out there watching the stars.

As far as any issues, we did hear noise from the lounge below. You can hear the bass, not terribly loud, but you can hear it. Most nights it was until 11. I do not know if any changes were made to that area of the ship during the recent drydock.

I would book that cabin again, it really was not that bad. We have had much worse issues with noise on Brilliance. Would never book a hump balcony on this class again.

Edit: If you do a forum search on "7172", there are lots of threads and pictures. This thread has some good pictures though.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2172853&highlight=7172

Edited by reallyitsmema

If this is right over the stage in the lounge,yes, you will hear noise from below. If you can get further over toward the other side of the ship on deck 7, you will probably not hear anything. We have been on at least two of these on deck 7 and there WAS a difference in noise at night depending on how near we were to the stage area below.

The safari lounge below can be heard, but I found that the lounge is not busy most nights - except the quest - which is always fun to see.

Balcony depth and railing support poles are frustrating, but the field of view and privacy are the best.

295pmc8.jpg

The Radiance class ships have the best "aft" cabins going...enjoy!

Yippee! This time next week my hubby and I will have just boarded the Brilliance of the Seas in Barcelona and will be occupying aft cabin 8172. We love aft cabins and are counting the hours until next Sunday, when we sail off into the sunny Mediterranean on our way to the Greek Isles.

travel123456

Thanks. I will look forward to your review. We don't sail until Nov.27th.

I am also curious to know what furniture is on the balcony and I am

wondering if they replaced the mattresses when they refurbished the ship.

We sailed on the JEWEL last Nov. and we found the beds very hard. we

had to ask our cabin steward to find us sponge mattress toppers.

Love the Jewel. I hope that you have a great cruise.