mini-suite question

top of the world

If we book a mini-suite now for 2 people, can we add a 3rd person in a few months in the same cabin (in Caribbean Princess)?

I realize that we will then have to pay for a 3rd passenger, but I just don't know if you can add one more person after you have made the reservations for 2. This mini-suite is good for 3 or 4 passengers.

Thanks for your help.

If we book a mini-suite now for 2 people, can we add a 3rd person in a few months in the same cabin (in Caribbean Princess)?

I realize that we will then have to pay for a 3rd passenger, but I just don't know if you can add one more person after you have made the reservations for 2. This mini-suite is good for 3 or 4 passengers.

Thanks for your help.

I have added extra people in the past, several weeks after booking.

However, it is not always possible such as if all places in life craft have been accounted for by the time you want to add the 3rd person, i.e. the ship is full.

Ships can be full with empty berths and even empty cabins if there are a lot of 3rd and 4th berths used.

You cannot always add someone into a cabin even if there is a bed for them. The best thing to do is put the 3rd person on the booking now so that the triple space is held. Then if they decide not to go then you can easily cancel them from the cabin.

Better to be safe than sorry.

You cannot always add someone into a cabin even if there is a bed for them. The best thing to do is put the 3rd person on the booking now so that the triple space is held. Then if they decide not to go then you can easily cancel them from the cabin.

Better to be safe than sorry.

That would be good if I knew what the future will hold!!!

The cabin is for my son and grand-son, but I'm not sure where his relationship with his girlfriend is going!!! The cruise is not until next winter, so who knows if she will still be in the picture then!!! I thought that we could add her later on if the relationship continues to grow... That is why the mini-suite and not a balcony cabin; trying to keep my options open.

Anyone here can tell the future??? That would be very helpful!!! ;)

Only kidding, of course! :D

That would be good if I knew what the future will hold!!!

The cabin is for my son and grand-son, but I'm not sure where his relationship with his girlfriend is going!!! The cruise is not until next winter, so who knows if she will still be in the picture then!!! I thought that we could add her later on if the relationship continues to grow... That is why the mini-suite and not a balcony cabin; trying to keep my options open.

Anyone here can tell the future??? That would be very helpful!!! ;)

Only kidding, of course! :D

Like cheeseclan said, that's why you would want to add the 3/4 passenger now so you at least have a spot for them. If it doesn't work out, you can always cancel them prior to final payment.

If you wait until you do know for sure and the ship is at capacity, then you lose out.

Like cheeseclan said, that's why you would want to add the 3/4 passenger now so you at least have a spot for them. If it doesn't work out, you can always cancel them prior to final payment.

If you wait until you do know for sure and the ship is at capacity, then you lose out.

That's a good point. Thanks!

OK, another question then... Can I sign up girlfriend #1 for now, and if it doesn't work out, after I cancel her, can I then sign up a potential girlfriend #2, assuming there is one??? = replace one passenger with another one? I know, lots of speculation, but I'm trying to understand what my options may be. Thanks for your patience while I am thinking out loud!!... :confused:

OK, another question then... Can I sign up girlfriend #1 for now, and if it doesn't work out, after I cancel her, can I then sign up a potential girlfriend #2, assuming there is one??? = replace one passenger with another one? I know, lots of speculation, but I'm trying to understand what my options may be. Thanks for your patience while I am thinking out loud!!... :confused:

A lot depends on whether or not you are past final payment. Call Princess and ask them their policy for changing names before and after final payment.

On my last cruise in March, my DH was unable to go because of work, I was able to switch him for my brother. Princess did not charge for the name change in my case. I don't know if they normally do. This was 3 weeks before the cruise.

As long as at least one name for the cabin in the original reservation remains, other names can be changed.

At some point close to sailing, there is a nominal charge to do this.

Thanks for your help.

Probably.

Unless the ship is at capacity.