Cheers and excursion for 21st birthday

mumtopugs

Hello!

Don't judge. I'm a great mom with a great kid.

We sail on 7/25 on the Fantasy out of Miami. My son turns 21 on 7/26, our second day of sailing.

Am I able to add Cheers on his birthday or sign him up for a pub crawl the day of his birthday? IDK if we will do either of those things but I am curious if they're an option since at the start of the cruise he'll be 20.

Thanks in advance.

Ashley

Edited by mumtopugs

I have seen folks signing up for Cheers on the 2nd day of a cruise but if he is in your cabin then all the adults in the cabin must also be signed up for Cheers as well.

IF there is an excursion that includes a "pub crawl" then you can book it at any time during the cruise if there is space.

I understand the desire to mark this special b-day but not all folks over 21 buy Cheers (we don't) since we never drink enough to warrant spending $50 per day on it.

You are considered the age you are when you BOARD the ship for the entire cruise...so don't be surprised if he's not allowed to drink, since you board the day prior to his birthday. Will they make exceptions? Maybe...but they do NOT have to! Just be aware of that!

You are considered the age you are when you BOARD the ship for the entire cruise...so don't be surprised if he's not allowed to drink, since you board the day prior to his birthday. Will they make exceptions? Maybe...but they do NOT have to! Just be aware of that!

I don't think this is true, only because if Carnival has an opportunity to sell drinks to a 21 YO the day after they board and for the remainder of the cruise, I'm sure they will.

Carnival DOES use the sign n sail card as ID during the cruise. IF your son boards and his card shows that he is under 21 then they won't let him buy drinks.

You may have to go to guest services to see if they will issue him a new one. I have not heard of folks doing that so the poster above may be correct!

Carnival DOES use the sign n sail card as ID during the cruise. IF your son boards and his card shows that he is under 21 then they won't let him buy drinks.

You may have to go to guest services to see if they will issue him a new one. I have not heard of folks doing that so the poster above may be correct!

Guest services did it for my daughter in 2003, but that was 13 years ago and plenty has changed. I had also booked an inside cabin and when we got to the ship (Spirit), we had been upgraded to a 9A...boy, was I surprised. Yes, the times have definitely changed.

My daughter turned 21 during our cruise a couple of years ago and was able to buy drinks just after midnight on her birthday mid-cruise. She never needed to get a new s&s card. Her old one was totally fine. She had a very memorable 21st and I hope your son will too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nodogkisses

My daughter turned 21 during our cruise a couple of years ago and was able to buy drinks just after midnight on her birthday mid-cruise. She never needed to get a new s&s card. Her old one was totally fine. She had a very memorable 21st and I hope your son will too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had the same experience when my daughter turned 21 on the 2nd day of our cruise - it was a family cruise to celebrate her 21st. She did not have to get a new S&S card and was able to start ordering drinks one minute after midnight.

In reference to being able to buy CHEERS on the 2nd day - if it's available to everyone else, I don't see why it wouldn't be available for your son.

HOWEVER, a word of caution - fast foward several years - this same sweet, dear daughter bought the CHEERS package on a later cruise that we went on. She was 26 and you would think that the novelty of drinking alot would have worn off, right? Well, let me just say, she was determined that she was going to get her $$ worth and for the first 4 days of that 8 day cruise she did everything she could to try to hit the 15 drink maximum, not so much the last 4 days.

Just saying that I'm glad she didn't have the opporturnity to buy CHEERS on that 21st birthday cruise, because I'm quite sure she would have drink WAY more than what was safe.