Bring wine on board

george35

In years past I have put 1 box wines in each of my checked suitcases. I have never had any problems. With the drink packages and the Elite events I have stopped bring wine onboard.

But, Celebrity will confiscate if found. They do read these boards ... and now know what to look for.

But, Celebrity will confiscate if found. They do read these boards ... and now know what to look for.

It is common knowledge on these boards and among cruise lines that liquids in bags (bag from a wine box, rum runner, etc) are not easy to discover during the x-ray process.

Not that I would do that either with all our latest and future cruises with drink packages as booking perks.

Is boxed wine allowed to bring on board??

george35

Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

There's a recent thread on this...worth reading:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2366426

BTW...the rule of bottles vs boxes is obviously completely arbitrary....I guess it's easier to spot bottles on the xrays....but then again, if they find one or two bottles in a carry on bag or in your luggage....well, you might want to read the referenced thread.

And no FlorenceItaly it's not strictly enforced...enforcement is very inconsistent across celebrity ships and cruises.

For the record, we don't bring any wine on board unless purchased at a port as a novelty...eg. wine from Bali...and we do buy liquor in the caribbean, carry it on in plain sight and have yet to have celebrity security ask to hold it even though I wouldn't care...I buy it to take home.

Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

RCCL no longer applies a corkage fee, why does Celebrity? RCI should do this for both companies. Makes no sense to charge for opening a bottle you allow us to bring on, when we can open it in cabin and bring the glass to table...duh!

Quick question -- I can't remember whether the two bottles need to be in your luggage or your carry on or does it matter? Also, if I bring a 12-pack of Diet Coke can I put it with my luggage or do I have to carry it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Quick question -- I can't remember whether the two bottles need to be in your luggage or your carry on or does it matter? Also, if I bring a 12-pack of Diet Coke can I put it with my luggage or do I have to carry it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wine, carry on. Tag your 12 pack with a luggage tag, and check it with your luggage.

We plan on bringing two bottles of wine on board. So, we should have them in our carry on bags? Is it because they may get broken in the luggage?

Yes, carry it on. For monitoring purposes the cruise line wants it in your carry on. We sometimes use a backpack.

I find it humorous that when someone asks about the wine allowances, Celebrity is quick to comment, but when questions arise on other (sometimes more important) issues, there is dead silence.

Wine, carry on. Tag your 12 pack with a luggage tag, and check it with your luggage.

Our suggestion is to pick up a handful of luggage tags (readily available and plentiful at the pier), write your cabin number on each, peel off the backing and attach them all around each 12 pack or case of bottles or cans that you are checking in.

That way your cabin number is still on it even if one of the labels should come off, and the sticky tape helps to hold the pack together.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you overnight at your embarkation port, can you bring the wine on the second day, or do you have to bring it on the first day?

We bought a couple bottles of wine in port and brought it onboard. Beware of the corkage fee though. After paying $25 corkage, we didn't save any money over buying the bottle onboard.

We bought a couple bottles of wine in port and brought it onboard. Beware of the corkage fee though. After paying $25 corkage, we didn't save any money over buying the bottle onboard.

Drink it in your cabin and no corkage fee.

Drink it in your cabin and no corkage fee.

I apologise if I'm deviating from topic slightly. If we want a drink in our cabin (I thought it might be nice to sit on the balcony with drink in hand) do we need to buy from the minibar or order via room service (and pay). I'm guessing that a drinks package doesn't cover having a drink in the cabin? Is it even allowable to carry a drink from one of the bars back to the cabin?

I've only ever cruised with P&O before and ì don't recall it being so strict as it seems to be on Celebrity.

I apologise if I'm deviating from topic slightly. If we want a drink in our cabin (I thought it might be nice to sit on the balcony with drink in hand) do we need to buy from the minibar or order via room service (and pay). I'm guessing that a drinks package doesn't cover having a drink in the cabin? Is it even allowable to carry a drink from one of the bars back to the cabin?

I've only ever cruised with P&O before and ì don't recall it being so strict as it seems to be on Celebrity.

If you have a package, just bring it back from the bar with you.