NCL Dawn photos of refurb starting Jun 17!

Can anyone tell me the price of the thermal spa for the length of the cruise?

Ours is a 9 day so I realize it may cost more then a 7 day cruise.

We are on the Dawn 11/11/16

We paid $119 each for a 7 day cruise. We saved $20 off the cost by buying it online before our cruise.

Cantina on backside of garden cafe

Wow!

Garden Cafe was Already short on seating many times.

Can you sit in the Cantina @ breakfast time with food from the buffet ??

Now I'm confused. Is the "Cantina" referred to the new Los Lobos restaurant? Did anyone else notice that the NCL letter stated it will be a la carte like Margaritaville, City Grill and Food Republic? If so, it might be used for buffet breakfast overflow, but like the others, it will likely be open with its own menu for lunch, and probably dinner as well.

I have to say I was kind of hooping to actually see pictures already, besides the NCL ones. I thought that the OP was going to be posting pics while on vacation, at least that was my take away from the thread. Oh well....

I have to say I was kind of hooping to actually see pictures already, besides the NCL ones. I thought that the OP was going to be posting pics while on vacation, at least that was my take away from the thread. Oh well....

OP said he was going to post photos once he boarded and while he was still within cellular coverage. He posted a handful of photos on PhotoBucket...

http://s924.photobucket.com/user/limeyalchemist/library/Dawn2016

But I hear ya... we're all anxious to see more. :)

Patience. Might/might not be WiFi issues @ Dockyard, depending on whether they have data coverage in Bermuda and have data on the Dawn (probably not and/or too slow, uploading pix is bandwidth heavy) - s/he & they are enjoying their vacation today, busy on the islands/beaches, etc. as yesterday was a washout, literally ;)

Ship full of passengers & CC being the minority, just a handful posting and/or successful in doing live updates while they are there ... it's all voluntary & uncompensated "work". A little appreciation of the efforts, hear hear.

Perhaps, hardware issues ... things like the digital camera/smartphone/tablet fell into the pool, hot tub, etc.

Anybody wanted to tweet Andy Stuart & ask his office to do more postings & updates for the Dawn, not kidding :D NCL do and will benefit from all these, even though many are booked & past the payment in full, just a matter of "I can't wait to get on soon enough"

A member of a Facebook group I belong to who is currently on board said that O'Sheehan's has the same menu as the Blue Lagoon did. Was so disappointed to hear this as we were looking forward to trying some of the larger menu that the O'Sheehan's have on other ships. Especially breakfast in a new location.

Maybe this is just a first run thing? I'm hoping that the menu will change before we sail at the end of July.

A member of a Facebook group I belong to who is currently on board said that O'Sheehan's has the same menu as the Blue Lagoon did. Was so disappointed to hear this as we were looking forward to trying some of the larger menu that the O'Sheehan's have on other ships. Especially breakfast in a new location.

Maybe this is just a first run thing? I'm hoping that the menu will change before we sail at the end of July.

There is a picture of the menu in the photobucket picks a couple entries earlier. It is the same menu that was on the Epic and does have breakfast, etc. It also has the chicken wings and much more.

From what I've seen they did away with Lady Liberty and it kind of looks like the dolphins too but its hard to tell with the tree in that photo...

Nope.

Dolphins on the starboard side of Dawn, and Lady Liberty is on the other side of ship - port side.

Here are the rest of NCL's publicity shots, via USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2016/06/17/norwegian-dawn-cruise-ship-makeover/86046640/

Wow, did they ever make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Great find... Thanks for sharing.

Bliss looks fantastic...

76c460f8b439f652c652767d77e16620.jpg

And the garden cafe is unrecognizable!!

72314b7b2fbc55d52245cf8dafcb9120.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is a picture of the menu in the photobucket pic ... the same menu that was on the Epic and does have breakfast, ... the chicken wings and much more.

If that's the current OSH menu on the Dawn now, it is almost the same as the one we had on the Breakaway last month ... breakfast is just about identical. Dawn has the "Chef's Salad" whereas BA only offered "Chopped Salad."

BA has the lamb's pie, Philly cheesesteak & grilled Ruben / corned beef sandwiches. Overall, items available are similar but not 100% identical.

Nope.

Dolphins on the starboard side of Dawn, and Lady Liberty is on the other side of ship - port side.

If you look at Limey's photos, the Dolphins are gone. The Dolphins were where the Norwegian Dawn name started. I included Limey's and then a stock photo of the pre dry dock.

Dawn%20New.png

norwegian-cruise-line-norwegian-dawn-exterior-gallery.jpg

I am going to assume all the rooms had some type of refurbishment? We are staying in the 2 BR family suite, and last year the carpeting and beds were quite old/smelly. I am hoping this has been remedied!

I remember Le Bistro as having odd and uncomfortable seating also.

thanks for sharing - really appreciate it!