NCL Dawn photos of refurb starting Jun 17!

Sure looks like a different ship. Almost too new and contemporary.

That is exactly what I was thinking, it is pretty but there is an awful lot of BROWN everywhere. I like a little Caribbean color!

I will be on the Dawn for 2 weeks in October - Boston-New Orleans so can't wait to see it in person. I will just have to put more umbrellas in my drinks for color.

I would love to see the menus - especially for the new Los Lobos restaurant.

Here are the rest of NCL's publicity shots, via USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2016/06/17/norwegian-dawn-cruise-ship-makeover/86046640/

Wow, did they ever make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Thanks so much for sharing. I am already jealous of my Dh and DBIL sailing next month. Now I may have to rethink 2017 and sailing on the BA to Bermuda;)

That is exactly what I was thinking, it is pretty but there is an awful lot of BROWN everywhere. I like a little Caribbean color!

I will be on the Dawn for 2 weeks in October - Boston-New Orleans so can't wait to see it in person. I will just have to put more umbrellas in my drinks for color.

I would love to see the menus - especially for the new Los Lobos restaurant.

The POA went to a lot of earth tones as well. Lots of dark brown, tans, and even the bright greens. Overall it looked nice but I did wonder a bit about the bright greens.

No pics of the promenade. I am sure they did not upgrade that area with nice outdoor seating. Too bad! That was the biggest upgrade I was hoping for.

Not sure about the promenade but from some of the pics and what they did on POA they added quite a bit of cushy couches and other types of outdoor furniture around the pool deck and areas off the pool deck. It reminded me of the Gem when we went as they had that in several places whereas Dawn/Star where more regular sun loungers and tables/chairs.

Nope.

Dolphins on the starboard side of Dawn, and Lady Liberty is on the other side of ship - port side.

If you look at Limey's photos, the Dolphins are gone. The Dolphins were where the Norwegian Dawn name started. I included Limey's and then a stock photo of the pre dry dock.

Dawn%20New.png

norwegian-cruise-line-norwegian-dawn-exterior-gallery.jpg

Thanks for correcting me :o

This morning I was stuck in a traffic jam on Harbour Road enroute to work in Hamilton. At one point I stopped on a stretch of road where I could see across the Sound to the Dawn ... I can confirm that Lady Liberty is also gone from the port side of the Dawn. :o

Does the Dawn only have one pool? How is the crowding on the pool deck for sea days?

I would assume it can't be half as bad as the Escape with one pool for 4500 people!

The pool area gets does get crowded, but I have always been able to get a chair.

That's awesome, where did you see that?

Cruiser Bruiser shared this link yesterday:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2016/06/17/norwegian-dawn-cruise-ship-makeover/86046640/

I am beginning to doubt it was the Dawn because when you scroll through the pictures, they added some Haven pictures from the Escape.

Cruiser Bruiser shared this link yesterday:

I am beginning to doubt it was the Dawn because when you scroll through the pictures, they added some Haven pictures from the Escape.

The article in that link with the 20 pics of the Dawn do all look like pics of the Dawn so maybe it was in the other picture area with 97 pics from the Escape as I didn't see any rooms with jacuzzis in the 20 picture review (other than the GV area).

Edited by dexddd

The article in that link with the 20 pics of the Dawn do all look like pics of the Dawn so maybe it was in the other picture area with 97 pics from the Escape as I didn't see any rooms with jacuzzis in the 20 picture review (other than the GV area).

My bad. I thought the 96 photos at the bottom were more of the Dawn. I see now that they are the Escape. I just looked again and the 96 photos now start with definite Escape photos. The other time I looked the 96 started with bedroom shots and I couldn't see the descriptions on my Kindle. That is why I thought it was the Dawn. I never got to the Food Republic or Brew House photos. I would have known then it was the Escape.

Do they still have the kid's buffet and tables? Thank you.

Funny thing about the kid's buffet. I was up and about at 5 am on the Epic a few years ago and was very hungry. The put out the kids breakfast buffet first (French toast sticks, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc.) I filled my plate leaving sparse pickings just as a mom and three kids showed up. My only regret was the kids buffet didn't serve coffee ... LOL

Was watching the Dawn's sailaway live on Dockyard's port-cam yesterday and it zoom it & pan, close enough to see the promenade/lifeboat deck #7 - starboard side, there's no sofa or loungers anywhere on that deck, from what I could see.

When she first sailed RT out of NYC, there're some sun loungers on that deck & not sure if they kept any of them around later on. There used to be both tables & chairs outside the old Blue Lagoon, and you can eat in the outdoors then.

Tables and chairs outside of the Blue Lagoon? It must have been in a different location than it was last year. You couldn't get outside from the Blue Lagoon - now O'Sheehan's. And the 'old' Spinnaker Lounge became suites around 2012 - forward of the pool on deck 12. I remember some lounge chairs and seats on the promanade deck last year but not a ton.

Funny thing about the kid's buffet. I was up and about at 5 am on the Epic a few years ago and was very hungry. The put out the kids breakfast buffet first (French toast sticks, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc.) I filled my plate leaving sparse pickings just as a mom and three kids showed up. My only regret was the kids buffet didn't serve coffee ... LOL

Hey, that was our TA on the EPIC. That was a great cruise. We had some good champagne parties, didn't we!

Tables and chairs outside of the Blue Lagoon? It must have been in a different location than it was last year ... I remember some lounge chairs and seats on the promanade deck last year but not a ton.

Yes, most definitely not "recent" past - really "old" days when Blue Lagoon was still downstairs on deck 7 from 2003 thru 2005 (since taken out & moved more "recent" past to deck 8 above the atrium) - replaced with photography, I think (from Guest Services walking toward MDR - AFT) Irish/English Pub/bar lounge was portside (then ?? turned into Art Gallery space, at least on sister ships) We first sailed the Dawn in 2003, they would take your orders while seated outside on the open promenade deck 7 - seating was limited under the lifeboats, LOL.

The only "seating" outdoors at the "new" Blue Lagoon would be on the lifeboats ... next to those obstructed OV staterooms (AFT) - there's a walkway for crew members to reach the area, but - definitely, not for dining purposes nor do they allow passenger access to that section, except - in case of emergencies for lifeboat launches, etc. LOL :D