Help with Ft. Lauderdale Hotel

sandy00039

Looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Ft. Lauderdale for the night of !/20/17. Found Sleep Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport on 5th Avenue. Does anyone have any knowledge of this hotel. Is it OK for one night? Or any other suggestions for a hotel under $200. I have been stressing myself out trying to find a decent hotel under $200. Any help will be appreciated.

Slightly higher than your budget ($219/night) - Hyatt Place Convention Center (actually off of 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale) is now available through http://www.valuetrips.com. It is highly recommended on this board and the location can't be beat. It is extremely convenient to restaurants and stores and the terminus of the sun trolley (http://www.suntrolley.com) if you arrive early in the day. The following day Port Everglades is a 5 minute drive (to the security checkpoint).

I'd definitely go with the Hyatt Place and book it on valauetrips.com if not a blacked out date. Shuttle from airport included, breakfast and nearby lots of restaurants, stores for last min. items, and sun trolley stop. Cab to port will be under $15. For your date, this is a great deal!!! Way better than staying further out of the city.

Edited by eandj

don't know anything about sleep in. Just had a quick look on hotwire and there's a 3 1/2 star fort lauderdale beach that's $141 (before tax). If you use better bidding and go through their site you can sometime get up to $15 off.

I looked at the hotwire hotel listing on better bidding and there's only one 3 1/2 star listed which is Doubletree Guest Suites Gallery One.

Can't recall the best areas to check out but know any time I've cruised from there I've bid on priceline for a hotel.

We have stayed at Sleep Inn a number of times and find that it is good value for $$$. There is a Walgreens next door and a Publix a couple of blocks away. There are a couple of places to get something to eat across the road as well. I have been able to get this hotel at a great rate for February and don't expect to get the Ritz for that amount.

I found the best price was on Last Minute Travel Club website. I know there is a code to use to get free membership, but I don't remember it anymore. Maybe someone else still knows.

For your date, Jan. 20 the price is $142.14 on their site.

Found a link to get free membership.

http://www.lmtclub.com/womanfreebies_A.aspx

Edited by OVgirl

I'd for sure pick the Hyatt Place over Sleep Inn. You'll be able to see the ships while you stroll the area. Much better location especially if you have the afternoon and evening to enjoy out and about.

Edited by eandj

We have stayed at Sleep Inn a number of times and find that it is good value for $$$. There is a Walgreens next door and a Publix a couple of blocks away. There are a couple of places to get something to eat across the road as well. I have been able to get this hotel at a great rate for February and don't expect to get the Ritz for that amount.

I found the best price was on Last Minute Travel Club website. I know there is a code to use to get free membership, but I don't remember it anymore. Maybe someone else still knows.

For your date, Jan. 20 the price is $142.14 on their site.

Found a link to get free membership.

http://www.lmtclub.com/womanfreebies_A.aspx

Is this priced in US dollar? I looked on the site and can not figure it out?

I'd for sure pick the Hyatt Place over Sleep Inn. You'll be able to see the ships while you stroll the area. Much better location especially if you have the afternoon and evening to enjoy out and about.

Will we be able to see the ships from our room windows?

I went ahead and booked the Sleep Inn. Got it for $122 per night. I will not be getting in till evening time. Just needed a place for dinner and bed. Had I been getting in earlier in the day I would have gone for the Hyatt. My main concern with Sleep Inn was in wondering if it was a safe enough area. Thanks to everyone for your advice.