HAL.com painfully slow....

It's been around a year since I last looked on HAL.com to determine some cruise fares. Came back earlier in the week and find that the new website design is painfully slow (script-intensive). Doesn't matter which browser I use, Chrome, IE 11 or Firefox. All painfully slow.

Any recommendations? I'm really there to check on private sale fares.

It's been around a year since I last looked on HAL.com to determine some cruise fares. Came back earlier in the week and find that the new website design is painfully slow (script-intensive). Doesn't matter which browser I use, Chrome, IE 11 or Firefox. All painfully slow.

I'm having the same difficulties you are (I use chrome). Hopefully, it's temporary. As a suggestion in the meantime, do you have a travel agent who could handle your inquiries for you? (That's what I do.) Or can you call HAL directly to determine the private sale fares on itineraries/cabins you're interested in?

I posted about this a week or two ago and was basically told by several responders that because they didn't have a problem, I shouldn't have a problem, or that I didn't know what I was talking about. I feel your pain, and it's not your imagination.

Roz

You are not alone. I received the e-mail that my Express Documents were ready for online check-in. Clicking on the link, the page would not open. Fortunately, my travel agent was able to obtain them and mail them to me.

Why any company would make their web site difficult for anyone to use, regardless of the age of their computer or what browser is used, is beyond my understanding.

I posted about this a week or two ago and was basically told by several responders that because they didn't have a problem, I shouldn't have a problem, or that I didn't know what I was talking about. I feel your pain, and it's not your imagination.

Roz

Weird. I just logged on and did all kinds of stuff and had no trouble at all. Maybe because I'm closer to Seattle?

P.S. I'm using IE11

Edited by kevingastreich

I'm having issues with far more than HAL's site. There have been problems somewhere in the internet innards for the last month or more that have been affecting speed and causing short, intermittent outages. I've got a very high bandwidth connection and am still fighting connectivity and continuity problems. I'm not saying HAL's site might not have issues, but a site is only as good as things are downstream.

I am finding searches for cruises a real pain. Step by step is a hassle now.

The wheel of death......... over and over.

Choose your month(s)......choose your ship(s)........choose your itinerary......

This all takes so long in between steps.

I used to enjoy browsing. Now it is aggravating.

I've been looking for a cruise for Dec, 2017, and the first I could find was a Holiday cruise on the Koningsdam. I can't believe they are so late listing cruises for that time period. Everyone else has them.

Looks like the speed hs improved a bit. Probably fixed some javascript error I'd almost block JS from running if HAL.com didn't require it.

One thing that may be lowing down it hi-res graphics and those annoying newsletter pop-ups that keep recurring, even if you're logged into your account.

Without doubt HAL has a sensitive website. The mix of software and settings used for QC must have been too narrow. There was at least one recent thread on this board where you might find usable technical advice on a few posts, but for me the takeaway was that if you have access to another computer, try that.

...One thing that may be slowing down it hi-res graphics and those annoying newsletter pop-ups that keep recurring, even if you're logged into your account.

Yes, I suspect it is too content-rich for its own good. With that said, I do find I can navigate the HAL site more quickly and with fewer issues if I use Chrome rather then IE as a browser.