Requested a PCC 4 days ago... Nothing.

creativepart

I can offer our PCC, she is great. Interested let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added you to my contacts and sent you a friend request on here because I haven't a clue how to PM someone. If you can use that in any way to get me the info, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks!!

I added you to my contacts and sent you a friend request on here because I haven't a clue how to PM someone. If you can use that in any way to get me the info, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks!!

Me neither and I don't want to break any rules so just call HAL's 800# and ask for Ext. 29317. Hope I don't get my hand slapped, good luck. Let me know how it works for you.

Some of the posts on this thread are eye-openers.

Not about PCCs, but I asked the Mariner Society a question, got an answer I questioned as not helpful, was told they copied the email to Ship Services for response. Still waiting after two days.

Will be interesting if this 5 star Mariner gets a response at all.

From this thread and my own experience, which until this point has always been fast and excellent, especially the Mariner Society, I am wondering what is going on with HAL and their famous service.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Some of the posts on this thread are eye-openers.

Not about PCCs, but I asked the Mariner Society a question, got an answer I questioned as not helpful, was told they copied the email to Ship Services for response. Still waiting after two days.

Will be interesting if this 5 star Mariner gets a response at all.

From this thread and my own experience, which until this point has always been fast and excellent, especially the Mariner Society, I am wondering what is going on with HAL and their famous service.

Silver We have wondered the same thing with HAL? We too are five* and have been cruising with them since 86. Since we retired six years ago we have beat up the seas. We have a PCC that we love but like some have mentioned we also want the "best deal" when we cruise. We have also noticed the changes with HAL cruising over the past five years or so but to us as long as there are no major issues we deal with it. Up to this point we have only cruised with HAL except for three Carnival cruises, no more! This fall we are broadening out to Princess so who knows?

My point to all this gibberish is that other than the five* perks we see very little benefit to us as Mariners along the lines of "good deals"? These issues one reads about vast variances in SR pricing makes you wonder what the heck is going on with their focus.

I hope we have a great experience with Princess as maybe it's time to try other lines? We have special fond memories with HAL and hope they get the hint from their loyal sailors and make some changes.

Happy sailing

Edited by mllewis48

Have you registered with the Mariner Society? The guy I spoke to last week said you would be assigned one if you signed up.

Is that how it works! So more then 20 years ago we took our first HAL cruise (before PCCs). Then over the years we took a few more cruises and got over 300 days (now over 450 days). But never heard a word from any PCC. The about 2 years ago, while on a HAL cruise, we had a weak moment and booked the Voyage of the Vikings cruse through the Future Cruise person. A few months after we returned home, we realized that the cost of that cruise was ridiculous for a HAL cruise and decided to cancel (the fist time in over 70 cruise bookings we canceled a booking). So we called HAL and canceled the cruise. Within a week we had 3 calls (the first time HAL had ever called us) wanting to know why we canceled (price, smoking policy, etc). The a few days later we finally heard from a lady who said "I am your PCC."

Bottom line was that it took a canceled cruise to get anybody's interest at HAL. So if you want a PCC...just cancel a cruise. It works every time :).

Hank

Silver We have wondered the same thing with HAL? We too are five* and have been cruising with them since 86. Since we retired six years ago we have beat up the seas. We have a PCC that we love but like some have mentioned we also want the "best deal" when we cruise. We have also noticed the changes with HAL cruising over the past five years or so but to us as long as there are no major issues we deal with it. Up to this point we have only cruised with HAL except for three Carnival cruises, no more! This fall we are broadening out to Princess so who knows?

My point to all this gibberish is that other than the five* perks we see very little benefit to us as Mariners along the lines of "good deals"? These issues one reads about vast variances in SR pricing makes you wonder what the heck is going on with their focus.

I hope we have a great experience with Princess as maybe it's time to try other lines? We have special fond memories with HAL and hope they get the hint from their loyal sailors and make some changes.

Happy sailing

Thanks for your interesting post.

There are so many things I could say about being 5 star. We love the rewards, the fabulous treatment we get on most ships.

HAL Seattle is starting to leave a bit to be desired. Dump you and your question on another department and then forget about you? Not what we have experienced in the past, at all. Annoying your loyal Mariners is not the brightest thing to do, but.....

And of course the pricing is not in our favor, as you note.

Too bad Princess and the other HAL Group lines do not allow cross over Mariner status on their ships: that would be a huge incentive for us to try Princess.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and come back and do a comparison of the two lines from your 5 star perspective.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Me neither and I don't want to break any rules so just call HAL's 800# and ask for Ext. 29317. Hope I don't get my hand slapped, good luck. Let me know how it works for you.

A good phone number to use to get a PCC assigned.

Edited by Crew News

Thank you so much!

In the interim I had called HAL to see about getting someone else. I was told a supervisor would call me back. Still waiting, of course.

Thank you so much!

In the interim I had called HAL to see about getting someone else. I was told a supervisor would call me back. Still waiting, of course.

If you don't hear soon I would call!

My experience with a PCC went something like this, She introduced herself in an e-mail and asked if she could be any help/quote etc. I got her quote and compared prices with my regular on line TA. The online TA was a whole lot less expensive.

Then I got another e-mail following up on the quote my reply sums up.

"Good morning,

The last email I got from you was over a year ago, May 2015

Pardon me for being blunt, but if waiting 13 months to follow up is your idea of good customer service then heaven help Holland America.

I am quite content with how I purchase and manage our cruises and have no need for your services."

enough said

Bob

Why on earth go to so much trouble to find a PCC or a TA for that matter.

There are many qualified and able travel salespeople who would be happy to assist. After all, their livelihood depends on it.

Besides, one can sometimes get an indication of the level after sales service by the level of pre sales service.

Edited by iancal

My experience with a PCC went something like this, She introduced herself in an e-mail and asked if she could be any help/quote etc. I got her quote and compared prices with my regular on line TA. The online TA was a whole lot less expensive.

Then I got another e-mail following up on the quote my reply sums up.

"Good morning,

The last email I got from you was over a year ago, May 2015

Pardon me for being blunt, but if waiting 13 months to follow up is your idea of good customer service then heaven help Holland America.

I am quite content with how I purchase and manage our cruises and have no need for your services."

enough said

Bob

Did you let the PCC know of the price differences and that you would not be going with HAL pricing?

Maybe it's just me but had you told them you were not interested due to the pricing the issue would have ended?

Their hands are tied by HAL on pricing and cannot extend the offers a TA can because of their profit margins, that is not the fault of the PCC, instead express your concerns directly with HAL leadership. JMHO

Is that how it works! So more then 20 years ago we took our first HAL cruise (before PCCs). Then over the years we took a few more cruises and got over 300 days (now over 450 days). But never heard a word from any PCC. The about 2 years ago, while on a HAL cruise, we had a weak moment and booked the Voyage of the Vikings cruse through the Future Cruise person. A few months after we returned home, we realized that the cost of that cruise was ridiculous for a HAL cruise and decided to cancel (the fist time in over 70 cruise bookings we canceled a booking). So we called HAL and canceled the cruise. Within a week we had 3 calls (the first time HAL had ever called us) wanting to know why we canceled (price, smoking policy, etc). The a few days later we finally heard from a lady who said "I am your PCC."

Bottom line was that it took a canceled cruise to get anybody's interest at HAL. So if you want a PCC...just cancel a cruise. It works every time :).

Hank

Hank, we also are 4 star Mariners & have been booking HAL since 1998..Never had any PCC contact us until last year.. We've had two of them contact us in the past year & the last one when we looked but did not book..

When the PCC contacted you did they offer a better fare than the one you booked & cancelled or was it the same? I find we get better deals with a Travel Agent.. :) Our normal travel Agent guotes at least 10% to 12 1/2 % off HAL's fares..

Why on earth go to so much trouble to find a PCC or a TA for that matter.

There are many qualified and able travel salespeople who would be happy to assist. After all, their livelihood depends on it.

Besides, one can sometimes get an indication of the level after sales service by the level of pre sales service.

I received a post-cruise offer from HAL regarding OBC if booking again with two months. To get this, the email indicated I should contact my PCC. When I didn't hear from her after three tries, I sought and found other options and would rather see a responsive PCC get credit for it rather than just going to general reservations. So there you have the reason why - hope that helps.

Edited by krista4