Book next cruise while on a cruise

aklinda2

For experienced cruisers: Have you found that it is less expensive to book your next cruise with the cruise lines representative on the cruise you are already on? Specifically, will they do a best price guarantee for your next cruise with their line? Thanks for any info.

For experienced cruisers: Have you found that it is less expensive to book your next cruise with the cruise lines representative on the cruise you are already on? Specifically, will they do a best price guarantee for your next cruise with their line? Thanks for any info.

As noted, it depends on the cruise line. I can only speak to the specifics on Disney for booking a future cruise while onboard. You only have to pay a 10% deposit (instead of the normal 20%), and you get 10% reduction on prevailing fares. You also get Onboard Credit based on the length of the cruise - less than 7 nights $100; 7 night and longer $200.

I guess do your homework before so you know if it is a bargain. Not sure I would bite if not a best price guarantee. We're booked on the Norwegian Epic and I suspect the cruise line starts to get "about to sail jitters" if they have empty cabins on these big ships.

I have booked onboard twice but have transferred both bookings to a travel agent. Some travel agents give you perks that the cruise line does not. If you transfer the booking you still get to keep whatever incentive the cruise line gave you (such as on board credit). I have not heard of a "best price guarantee" being offered by a cruise line.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

When we do book a future cruise while on a cruise, once we get home we have it transferred to our TA. We like the idea that we pay a lower deposit and get shipboard credit.

I always check prices before we cruise for the new cruise we are considering.

We don't book the actual cruise but instead buy the future cruise 'deposit', paying $100 a piece to get a booking number that we later use to book a cruise when we're ready. For us, the big benefit is not having to put out any more money for the deposit.

We used the FCC purchased on our Westerdam cruise to book our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. Nice not to have to pay any additional deposit, and we're getting $100 on-board credit as a result of the certificate.