Diet Soft Drinks Package

Stevi

I am a diet soft drink person. Since I'm a diabetic, the Soda and More Package is way more than I need from a sugar perspective. Does Princess offer a diabetic friendly soft drink package?

Thanks in advance,

Stevi

I am a diet soft drink person. Since I'm a diabetic, the Soda and More Package is way more than I need from a sugar perspective. Does Princess offer a diabetic friendly soft drink package?

Thanks in advance,

Stevi

With the package you can have as many diet sodas as you please, they don't sell the soda package alone anymore.

With the package you can have as many diet sodas as you please, they don't sell the soda package alone anymore.

I'm not sure about this. They don't sell it on line in advance any more, but it has been available to purchase the "soda only" package on board.

I don't know if they are using up the remaining stickers or what the intention is for the $5 soda only package. I'm hoping it is still available on our next cruise, but not counting on it.

Last cruise, it was still available after being not available on line....but I've quit buying the beverage packages in advance. If I wait till on board, I can use OBC to pay for it AND have the chance to get what I want.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I like my soda, but I just can't drink it and have it be cost effective to have the Soda and More package when I can't have what constitutes the More part of the package. I also have the same problem with the Coffee Card, but it isn't quite as bad as their are some options (as part of the 15 punches) I can have if I am careful.

I'm not sure about this. They don't sell it on line in advance any more' date=' but it has been available to purchase the "soda only" package on board.

I don't know if they are using up the remaining stickers or what the intention is for the $5 soda only package. I'm hoping it is still available on our next cruise, but not counting on it.

Last cruise, it was still available after being not available on line....but I've quit buying the beverage packages in advance. If I wait till on board, I can use OBC to pay for it AND have the chance to get what I want.[/quote']

Waiting until I board sounds like a great idea. If I expect to be told no sorry a soda only option isn't possible and I have to choose something else I won't be disappointed. If it is available then I'd be very happy.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I like my soda, but I just can't drink it and have it be cost effective to have the Soda and More package when I can't have what constitutes the More part of the package. I also have the same problem with the Coffee Card, but it isn't quite as bad as their are some options (as part of the 15 punches) I can have if I am careful.

You can purchase your diet soda in a can for $2.30 per can. Or, if it works with your form of transportation, you can bring on board as many 12 packs as you choose to carry. Or you can purchase it at $10 for a 6 pack of cans delivered to your cabin. Or, as we did on the last cruise and will attempt to do again on the next one, you can ask to purchase the $5 soda only on board.

What you cannot do is to purchase the soda only in advance.

You can purchase your diet soda in a can for $2.30 per can. Or' date=' if it works with your form of transportation, you can bring on board as many 12 packs as you choose to carry. Or you can purchase it at $10 for a 6 pack of cans delivered to your cabin. Or, as we did on the last cruise and will attempt to do again on the next one, you can ask to purchase the $5 soda only on board.

What you cannot do is to purchase the soda only in advance.[/quote']

Thanks very much, this makes sense. I really appreciate the response.

Stevi,

Be advised the only fountain soda (which was what one got with the soda package) that is diet is Diet Coke. We buy cans of Sprite Zero, which were not previously included in the package. I've done the math and unless I planned on drinking >3 glasses of diet Coke a day, every day, the cans were cheaper.

Otherwise we drink a LOT of water and some ice tea (unsweetened).

Don't forget that coffee card can be used for more than one cruise, although after the first cruise every drink should cost a punch. Love their mint tea!

I also want only the soda package. Of course you don't have to have the "more" but why pay for something you don't want or use. If the "soda only" isn't available on my next cruise I'll buy the $10 for 6 cans and in the future bring my own diet coke depriving Princess of any revenue from soda.

On our most recent cruise in March, I had planned to buy the Soda only package. Instead, I was told that only the Soda and more package was available. I too am diabetic, like the poster, and used the older package to get diet sodas. I think it is so unfair to have to pay extra for all the juices and other items you get with the new package, when you can't partake of them.

On our most recent cruise in March, I had planned to buy the Soda only package. Instead, I was told that only the Soda and more package was available. I too am diabetic, like the poster, and used the older package to get diet sodas. I think it is so unfair to have to pay extra for all the juices and other items you get with the new package, when you can't partake of them.

Totally agree. No one should have to pay the additional for something they won't use, whether thru illness or personal choice.

I don't know whether Princess is listening or cares...but if enough people opt to bring their own cans rather than buying a package, Princess will have to decide between prohibiting bringing your own cans or offering an acceptable package.

You can purchase your diet soda in a can for $2.30 per can. Or' date=' if it works with your form of transportation, you can bring on board as many 12 packs as you choose to carry. Or you can purchase it at $10 for a 6 pack of cans delivered to your cabin. Or, as we did on the last cruise and will attempt to do again on the next one, you can ask to purchase the $5 soda only on board.

What you cannot do is to purchase the soda only in advance.[/quote']

I saw that I can pre-order 12 water bottle for $6.90, but I didn't see the 6 pack of sodas for $10. Is this once you get on the ship? How do you order them? Do you know if they have Coke Zero in the cans? I haven't learned to drink Diet Coke yet. :rolleyes:

I saw that I can pre-order 12 water bottle for $6.90, but I didn't see the 6 pack of sodas for $10. Is this once you get on the ship? How do you order them? Do you know if they have Coke Zero in the cans? I haven't learned to drink Diet Coke yet. :rolleyes:

When you get on the ship, call room service and ask for the 6 cans of soda package. You will pay about 11$ with tip I think. If you think you may want diet ginger ale for seasickness, you will have to bring your own. And beware of "Coke light" or "Pepsi Light". Other counties have different sweetener formulations, and they are not required to list what they are. They could have sweeteners that are banned in the US, like cyclamates.

Since I don't do aspartame, I am a Diet Pepsi girl and bring all my own soda on board. In most ports I can just slap a boarding tag on the cases and the roustabouts carry them on

On the Crown this month a bar steward told me if a passenger really pushed it they could get the soda only package.

On the Crown this month a bar steward told me if a passenger really pushed it they could get the soda only package.
I'd throw a hissy fit if I couldn't get the soda only package. I refuse to spend 60% more for something I'm not going to use.

When you get on the ship, call room service and ask for the 6 cans of soda package. You will pay about 11$ with tip I think. If you think you may want diet ginger ale for seasickness, you will have to bring your own. And beware of "Coke light" or "Pepsi Light". Other counties have different sweetener formulations, and they are not required to list what they are. They could have sweeteners that are banned in the US, like cyclamates.

Since I don't do aspartame, I am a Diet Pepsi girl and bring all my own soda on board. In most ports I can just slap a boarding tag on the cases and the roustabouts carry them on

Thank you. Mine is more about taste than having a negative reaction to the sweeteners, but your post had me out doing some research and I may have to reassess my favorites. I'm very limited on what I can stomach the taste of. Even though it has a few calories, sucralose is at the top of my list if I can find products with it.

Does anyone know if you can get Sprite Zero on the AIBP? My husband can only drink diet and he cannot have any Cola products?

I know they have Sprite Zero in cans but I think they want to give you fountain drinks on AIBP.

Does anyone know if you can get Sprite Zero on the AIBP? My husband can only drink diet and he cannot have any Cola products?

I know they have Sprite Zero in cans but I think they want to give you fountain drinks on AIBP.

My understanding is that the AIBP includes cans. The Soda package and Soda and more include only fountain beverages.

We were just on the Royal for a month (2 BTB's) and both times we were allowed to buy the soda only package. One place they were selling it said they did not sell it but then we went to another deck and bought the sticker with no problem....just ask and if they say no ask someone else....:)

Wonder if I could buy the smaller plastic soda in the bottles and also bring on the ship? I have only heard about cans.

Sure, you can bring soda on in your plastic bottles or cans. I can see where glass is a problem as far as soda is concerned probably, but plastic or canned soda is fine.

Edited by reedprincess