Somewhat annoying

And I've noticed on the Princess board that they all appeased me by saying that the prices will go up for US travellers to compensate for the free drinks... but, from all reports, prices have gone down, stayed the same, or increased by insignificant amounts.

Maybe for the US the prices didn't change. It did for us in Canada. The price of the cruise we wanted went up by $325 each. But it gave us the "free drink package". Yeah, sure, free.

One thing that annoys me about Princess is that for example they have a Sip and Sail promotion available to US market and do we get that down in Australia. Noooo.

Will probably get the lame regional market promotions blah blah blah excuse if I phone. Rant over. :D

I spoke to a Princess Rep. on the weekend (cruise Show) and they said that Princess Aust. would NEVER have that promotion here!:(:(

I have 2 cruises booked for 2018 both sailing from America and I can not get the promotion...Very sad!:(:(

Chez

Although Celebrity offer their promotions worldwide ...

They're not exactly worldwide.

After complaints, they offered similar promotions in different markets. But as they're managed separately, sometimes the inclusions or dates vary, and sometimes they just don't run them at all. And they usually don't run them in all markets around the world.

They're not exactly worldwide.

After complaints, they offered similar promotions in different markets. But as they're managed separately, sometimes the inclusions or dates vary, and sometimes they just don't run them at all. And they usually don't run them in all markets around the world.

True, but they seem somewhat more generous than Princess in their promotions. And I can book through an O'S TA if I so choose.

I noticed they went very quiet all of a sudden, after I posted a clip from their own online M&G webpage. :D :D :D

Unfortunately Gut wasn't around. He missed all the fun.

LOl, my wife said something about the CC party and how FB was have a discussion about it.;)

LOl, my wife said something about the CC party and how FB was have a discussion about it.;)

Unfortunately (or possibly fortunately) I had to go out so didn't get a chance to have a dig at them about some of their thinly disguised sales pitches for the various cruiselines and the pay-extras on board. :D

We've booked a Japan-Vancouver cruise in 2018. We have to pay grats as well as those from the US. They get the drinks package and we don't. When adding it all up we come out way behind - not impressed.

Sent an email to Princess and got a lovely reply - but no go, it's a regional special :(:(. On principle, we're looking at other options.

True, but they seem somewhat more generous than Princess in their promotions. And I can book through an O'S TA if I so choose.

Not saying they're less generous, just that it's not done globally either.

In this specific circumstance they took the feedback onboard more - but Celebrity do try for making the included drink package a headline sales grabber (to the extent it was broadened to most cruise bookings), whereas for Princess it's not such a key feature of their sales, and just an occasional promotion.

One thing that annoys me about Princess is that for example they have a Sip and Sail promotion available to US market and do we get that down in Australia. Noooo.

Will probably get the lame regional market promotions blah blah blah excuse if I phone. Rant over. :D

Hi Sarah,

I sent an email to Princess a few days ago this is the reply I received. I have crossed out the actual persons name.

Interesting that this not a Princess promo although it is on their website !!! I did not follow up 🤔

Good afternoon Jean,

Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises.

In reply to your recent email about the Sip*& Sail promotion. Please be advised that the promotion is not*a Princess Cruises Promotion, Please contact P&O for*further information.*

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us by phoning our Customer Contact Centre at your convenience.

Kind regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Princess Cruises*

Level 5 15 Mount Street, North Sydney N.S.W 2060

For urgent enquiries, please call our Customer Service centre on AU: 13 24 88 or NZ: 0800 780 717 between 7:00AM to 7:00PM Monday to Friday, and 8:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday's (AEDST).

Does anybody buy it? My last 7 night P&O cruise cost me less than the beverage package per day :eek:.

Why would they? Especially when P&O has had quite a few promotions that have included the premium drink package in the last 6 - 9 months or so.

Why would they? Especially when P&O has had quite a few promotions that have included the premium drink package in the last 6 - 9 months or so.

P&O would be selling drinks packages on the shorter sampler type cruises as

A) they do not offer drink packages as a promotion with the shorter cruises and

B) these cruises fill with Hens nights and Bucks parties, etc.

Edited by MicCanberra

Hi Sarah,

I sent an email to Princess a few days ago this is the reply I received. I have crossed out the actual persons name.

Interesting that this not a Princess promo although it is on their website !!! I did not follow up 🤔

Good afternoon Jean,

Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises.

In reply to your recent email about the Sip*& Sail promotion. Please be advised that the promotion is not*a Princess Cruises Promotion, Please contact P&O for*further information.*

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us by phoning our Customer Contact Centre at your convenience.

Kind regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Princess Cruises*

Level 5 15 Mount Street, North Sydney N.S.W 2060

For urgent enquiries, please call our Customer Service centre on AU: 13 24 88 or NZ: 0800 780 717 between 7:00AM to 7:00PM Monday to Friday, and 8:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday's (AEDST).

Huh :confused:? I don't understand. Are the Australian Princess office pretending not to know about it, and directing you to the free bev package deals that P&O does in this region?

Huh :confused:? I don't understand. Are the Australian Princess office pretending not to know about it, and directing you to the free bev package deals that P&O does in this region?

Who knows. I didn't bother following up after that 😕

LOL,

On a side note - I really don't understand why the Private message function has been disabled on these forums.

I believe spam from TAs was the issue.

That's what I've been told anyway.

But just block them I'd have thought, if you didn't want it.

There may be a bandwidth issue too I guess.

LOL,

On a side note - I really don't understand why the Private message function has been disabled on these forums.

That's why I just updated my signature and added a link to my email :D... just in case anyone needs to contact me urgently about a cruise-related matter :p.

LOL,

Annoying I agree. Spam is not an issue on the forum that AussieFlyer and I are both on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree. Needs to be open for all passengers on International cruises not originating in Australia and not available to US people who are cruising in Oz. isn't that what Free Trade was supposed to fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably to stop people recommending TA's via PMs. :rolleyes:

That may have been the reasoning about it but the same rules apply now. Just because it is private message doesn't mean the administrators cannot see what is posted (nothing online is truly private or permanently deleted).

Edited by MicCanberra

I believe spam from TAs was the issue.

That's what I've been told anyway.

But just block them I'd have thought, if you didn't want it.

There may be a bandwidth issue too I guess.

Possibly a multitude of reasons, some may be valid, others not.