Anyone recently off the Crown?

GMECruiser

For anyone recently off the Crown, can you tell me . . . How was the ship, the food, the entertainment and anything else you can share. Will be on the Crown next week and would like any tips or secrets you can share.

Thanks.

For anyone recently off the Crown, can you tell me . . . How was the ship, the food, the entertainment and anything else you can share. Will be on the Crown next week and would like any tips or secrets you can share.

Thanks.

It is a nice ship with a wonderfull red hull. We had very good beans with bread every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For etertainnment we had a wonderfull TV. Unfortunately we received no signal and the DVD player was out of order. As you can see painted on the hull it is a no smoking ship. As a secret you can operate the crane during sea days.

Have a wonderfull trip.

Crown_zpsuygapkld.jpg

Edited by wintersno

It is a nice ship with a wonderfull red hull. We had very good beans with bread every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For etertainnment we had a wonderfull TV. Unfortunately we received no signal and the DVD player was out of order. As you can see painted on the hull it is a no smoking ship. As a secret you can operate the crane during sea days.

Have a wonderfull trip.

Crown_zpsuygapkld.jpg

:D Very funny...LOL!

I would be interested as well, but we won't be embarking until after her refurb in 2017. Cheers!

Just off the Crown on June 11th. All was good. The food in the MDR was good, entertainment was good, and the overall condition of the ship is good. Room service was good in the morning. We didn’t go to the Horizon Court buffet. What else would you like to know?

Was on the Crown Princess June 4-11. Wonderful time! Classy ship, only some minor wear and tear. Workers were always cleaning and doing some touch-up painting.

Entertainment was good: Went to a couple of performances, the Magic to Do musical. Good time.

Food ranged from average to excellent. Did the Horizon/Caribe buffets for breakfast. Ate twice in the Crown Grill for dinner and loved it. Service was excellent in all locations.

Secrets? Loved the Horizon Terrace pool and Outrigger bar at the aft of the ship. Rarely crowded. Easy to get a table or deckchair. During Glacier Bay viewing, many people forgot about the Promenade Deck - nice views and a change of perspective from the "up high" decks.

Just got off the Crown this morning. Our cabin showed some wear and tear but I didn't notice anything in the public areas. We really enjoyed dinners in the main dinning room. Breakfast in the buffet was good. Only ate lunch a couple of times at the buffet and it was disappoi nting. Liked everything I tried at the International Cafe. We didn't see any of the shows. I hope this helps!

Just got off the Crown this morning. Our cabin showed some wear and tear but I didn't notice anything in the public areas. We really enjoyed dinners in the main dinning room. Breakfast in the buffet was good. Only ate lunch a couple of times at the buffet and it was disappoi nting. Liked everything I tried at the International Cafe. We didn't see any of the shows. I hope this helps!

Is there a charge for the I ternate all Cafe?

Is there a charge for the I ternate all Cafe?

There's no charge for food items at the International Cafe except for gelato...$1.50 for 3 scoops.

There is a fee for coffee drinks or you can purchase the coffee card (onboard or preordered):

Premium Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

Item #2403 $35.65

Is there a charge for the International Cafe?

I was aboard this April. If memory serves, the gelato cost extra, but the cookies, pastries, paninis and other goodies were free.

My dear friend & I just completed our cruise on the Crown Princess yesterday. We mostly ate Breakfast, Lunch, & dinner in the Main Dining Room (the food in the MD was wonderful). We had such a fun time time. The shows were really good. We had such a great hysterical cruise director "DAN". The Trivia challenges were so fun. The ship was beautiful & we loved exploring it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We just got off the Grand Princess. Wonderful time. Immediately booked the Crown Princess for Sept 25th. Then read some reviews/complaints about how horrible the Crown is. Sewage smells, cold food that is suppose to be hot...buffet awful and terrible service. We are ready to cancel. Then I read a few reviews here that seem to counter that. Anyone who can offer a current experience on the Crown we would love to read it!!!

I just returned from the Crown yesterday (insert super sad face here) with a first time Princess cruiser. I sailed the Crown in year one when she was shiny and new and after getting off of the Regal there are age differences for sure - but only if you're looking to compare. For ten years old I thought the ship looked really great. My friend thought it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. The sewage smell was rare - smelled it maybe twice the whole trip and it only seemed to be mid-ship around deck six or so. I can't account for how it might smell more if your room is located in that area since it was more in passing while going down the stairs.

The rooms feel slightly dated and the TV was fuzzy but we weren't there to watch TV so it wasn't a deal breaker. Beds were super comfy and water was hot in the shower with great pressure so that was more important.

Food is subjective. After being so food indulged the Regal, it was hard not compare the two. But the buffet was always hot and there was definitely enough to choose from. I probably only had one chunk of meat and one pastry that I didn't find appetizing out of a week of eating. Seating gets a bit limited but keep walking and you'll find something eventually during peak times. Dining room was excellent and Sabatinis was good. The guy next to me said it was the best meal he had ever had... We did do the ultimate balcony dining in Glacier Bay and it was outstanding. The crab legs were to die for.

I thought the staff in every department was really outstanding. Maybe some of the best I've ever experienced on Princess actually in every department all the way to the Captain.

All of the entertainment was good and there is a lot of it. The comedian Carlos Oscar was the best and there is a piano guy named Liam Ryder who was excellent. We saw Magic to Do which was visually nice but I still don't understand the story... Disco was fun and the Voice was fun.

I won't turn this into an entire review but just wanted to say that I was also a bit nervous after seeing so many bad Crown reviews so I was a bit concerned in what we would experience, and am happy to say that I couldn't have been more pleased with the ship, the staff, the whole experience top to bottom.

Have a wonderfull trip.

Crown_zpsuygapkld.jpg

Haha! This gave me a good laugh! Thanks for that!:D:D:D:D:D

Save

Was on the Crown Princess June 4-11. Wonderful time! Classy ship, only some minor wear and tear. Workers were always cleaning and doing some touch-up painting.

Entertainment was good: Went to a couple of performances, the Magic to Do musical. Good time.

Food ranged from average to excellent. Did the Horizon/Caribe buffets for breakfast. Ate twice in the Crown Grill for dinner and loved it. Service was excellent in all locations.

Secrets? Loved the Horizon Terrace pool and Outrigger bar at the aft of the ship. Rarely crowded. Easy to get a table or deckchair. During Glacier Bay viewing, many people forgot about the Promenade Deck - nice views and a change of perspective from the "up high" decks.

Was on Crown early May for Alaska cruise, loved it had no problems at all. We also sat out on promenade deck for Glacier Bay, fantastic view, hot drinks cart going past at regular intervals.Horizon Court great selection of food at anytime of the day. Took in a few shows, 1 being Libby Riddel first women to win Iditarod race, also a guy who had sung with the Beach Boys, was also a comedian very funny. All in all a great cruise.

Was on Crown early May for Alaska cruise, loved it had no problems at all. We also sat out on promenade deck for Glacier Bay, fantastic view, hot drinks cart going past at regular intervals.Horizon Court great selection of food at anytime of the day. Took in a few shows, 1 being Libby Riddel first women to win Iditarod race, also a guy who had sung with the Beach Boys, was also a comedian very funny. All in all a great cruise.

We have seen that entertainer and he was funny indeed. I see he is getting around the fleet. We will be on the Crown Princess (have to be specific so I don't get the red ship :rolleyes:) next spring. Last time was in 2013 so it has been awhile - time to reboard her. :D

Edited by satxdiver

We have seen that entertainer and he was funny indeed. I see he is getting around the fleet. We will be on the Crown Princess (have to be specific so I don't get the red ship :rolleyes:) next spring. Last time was in 2013 so it has been awhile - time to reboard her. :D

The singer/comedian is Steve Morris, one of our favorites (as is Carlos Oscar mentioned in an earlier post).

Thanks to all who took the time to reply. We're going ahead with our cruise in Sept to Mexico. We'll let you know our impressions. I guess a few of the reviews we read could be taken as subjective. We just got off the Grand Princess, and enjoyed it very much...where some of the reviews were negative.

Thank you again....