How early can I leave Crown Princess?

hellopuppies

Hi, will disembark at port of Buenos Aires from Crown Princess Feb 1, 2017 after staying an overnight. How early can I off the ship if I walk off with the luggage? Is it possible to book 8:35am flight from EZE? Appreciate if anyone had this itinerary or experiences can share their opinions and advice with me. Many thanks!

Hi, will disembark at port of Buenos Aires from Crown Princess Feb 1, 2017 after staying an overnight. How early can I off the ship if I walk off with the luggage? Is it possible to book 8:35am flight from EZE? Appreciate if anyone had this itinerary or experiences can share their opinions and advice with me. Many thanks!

It varies every cruise, 830 is way too early.

I have not been on that cruise but have been on other cruises where the last two days we were in the same port. Since the ship is already in port and been cleared by the authorities, you can debark anytime you choose as long as the port authorities are ready. So yes you can make that flight but be sure to leave the ship in plenty of time to do it. You may have to arrange prior transportation to the airport which is located a distance from the port. Like all big cities, BA has a traffic flow problem.

I'm on the same cruise and am trying to figure out the same thing. Not to make an early flight but to meet a tour guide as early as possible. From what I understand, you can't walk off with luggage but have to put it out the night before, take a shuttle from the ship to the port building, claim your bags there, then go through immigration. We dock at 7am so with all that, plus BA's traffic problem and the fact that EZE isn't right in the city, an 8:30 flight is quite optimistic.

I'm hoping to meet my tour operator by 8am at the port building, and I'm even wondering if that will be possible.

This is a question to ask Princess and hope you can get to someone who knows the correct answer.

To be considered:

o If a ride to the terminal is required, what hours is that ride available?

o Is walk-off with luggage available or only allowing Princess to bring it to the terminal?

o What is the earliest time that Princess suggests for flights that day? (This information is probably buried somewhere in the details in your cruise Personalizer.)

Not for an overnight.

Keith, so if the ship overnights we can disembark earlier than 7am, you think? If so, that's good news. Have you done this and do you know if the shuttle runs earlier? Even if authorities are not ready at the actual exit, I won't mind being at the port building a little early with my luggage to beat the rush.

We once left a cruise ship in Venice at 3:30 in the morning! Ship had arrived at noon the day before. We told HAL the night before when we wanted to leave. They said the door would be open with a security guard all night long and we would have to carry our bags off. I had a taxi booked ahead of time but when we got off there were a few just sitting there.

Keith, so if the ship overnights we can disembark earlier than 7am, you think? If so, that's good news. Have you done this and do you know if the shuttle runs earlier? Even if authorities are not ready at the actual exit, I won't mind being at the port building a little early with my luggage to beat the rush.

Have not done the overnight in BA but on other overnights we have left at 4am to 5am (IE-Venice). As stated above the ships already cleared and many want to take advantage of early flights. Can't say for sure in BA but I would think so. :)

Just confirmed with Princess, earliest check out is 7:30am and finish by 11am while the earliest departure flight is 1pm for Princess transfer.

That does not sound right. Betcha if you call again you will get a different answer.:rolleyes:

Just confirmed with Princess, earliest check out is 7:30am and finish by 11am while the earliest departure flight is 1pm for Princess transfer.

That may be what the "book of answers" says, but I bet that is what it is when there is not an overnight visit.

It may or may not be true in your case.

Maybe it would help in finding the answer is to start another thread with the title "Disembarking Princess in Buenos Aires when ship is there overnight". The current thread's title might not pull in passengers who have done what you want to do.

Edited by caribill

• 5 months later...
Curious if there was ever a different/definitive answer to this question? Will be disembarking in BA on 12/31 ourselves.

On your sailing the ship arrives in Buenos Aires at 8 AM on December 31; it does not arrive the day before and overnight in port per thread topic. The Flight Guidelines on the Princess website for Buenos Aires state:

BUENOS AIRES

Embarking Passengers

The latest arrival time is 2 hours and 30 minutes prior to ship's departure.

Disembarking Passengers

The earliest flight departure time is 7 hours after ship's arrival.

...meaning in your case Princess does not recommend a flight before 3 PM

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel.jsp

But should anyone be looking at this old thread for an answer to the OP's question, I believe these to be totally on point:

It is right. BA is a working port and as such you cannot simply walk off. Must take a shuttle to the terminal, the first likely being 7:30 as per Princess.

Buenos Aires is a very strictly regulated port, and public transportation access is controlled by a "mafia" that makes most in the rest of the world pale. Immigration and Custom clearance will not be available at all times, and express walk-off may not be at all.

Edited by fishywood