On board credit

arkansastraveler

I would like to treat my son and his girlfriend to la reserve. Can I use my on board credit to do this?

Yes, but not in advance of the Cruise. The way that Oceania does their bookkeeping, OBC does not exist until the morning of the day when your voyage sets sail.

If you get onto the ship and space still remains in La Reserve, you will be able to use the OBC to secure the reservation.

Edited by StanandJim

Yes, but not in advance of the Cruise. The way that Oceania does their bookkeeping, OBC does not exist until the morning of the day when your voyage sets sail.

If you get onto the ship and space still remains in La Reserve, you will be able to use the OBC to secure the reservation.

I am impressed! Who ARE you, and where did you get thins incredible knowledge?

We have quite a lot of spa credit for use on our next 3 cruises. Is it possible to use the spa credit elsewhere on the ship? Or must it be solely used at Canyon Ranch? Thanks.

For better or worse - it can only be used in the spa (for treatments only - not products)

We have quite a lot of spa credit for use on our next 3 cruises. Is it possible to use the spa credit elsewhere on the ship? Or must it be solely used at Canyon Ranch? Thanks.

I would check with your travel agent. I had a spa credit on my cruise invoice before and my TA said I could use it just like OBC for anything on board and I did. If it says "Canyon Ranch" spa credit , that might be different.

Those of us like Jim and Stan as well as many more that have been traveling on Oceania for many many years and many many voyages have managed to get a rather good grasp of the simple things that are reality...

To be direct, it isnt rocket science, nor insider info that allows one to figure out both La Reserve and on board charging and credit accounts...

It is not incredible knowledge......rather it is incredible that ones experience and past travel knowledge would not have allowed one to arrived at that same understanding level....

I would check with your travel agent. I had a spa credit on my cruise invoice before and my TA said I could use it just like OBC for anything on board and I did. If it says "Canyon Ranch" spa credit , that might be different.

Catherine,

You are correct. If this "spa credit" is from the TA it can be used as either - spa or OBC.

If received from Oceania (like loyalty benefit) then it must be used in the spa.

My bad.

Catherine,

You are correct. If this "spa credit" is from the TA it can be used as either - spa or OBC.

If received from Oceania (like loyalty benefit) then it must be used in the spa.

My bad.

Thanks Paul. I forgot about the loyalty one. I haven't got to 15 cruises yet:D Working on it.

Yes, S and J. I've been wondering that too. Your posts are always interesting and informative (and often very funny).

If they are unable to reach a minimum number for La Reserve (don't know the number), they will cancel the event. We booked the Connoisseur dinner to use some of our OBC, but Oceania cancelled due to low numbers. Spent it instead at the spa.

We have a lot of OBC on our current cruise, $150 of which was designated as a spa credit ... but it also stated that it could be used as general OBC.

I'm not sure if that is always the case, though.