Toiletries

Mimi19510

First cruise on Princess in many moons. Cruising on Crown for 15 day cruise in a balcony cabin. No status whatsoever. Are you provided individual shampoo, conditioner or lotion? Don't want to pack my own toiletries if unnecessary. Really dislike that all-in-one shampoo & conditioner provided on the wall.

First cruise on Princess in many moons. Cruising on Crown for 15 day cruise in a balcony cabin. No status whatsoever. Are you provided individual shampoo, conditioner or lotion? Don't want to pack my own toiletries if unnecessary. Really dislike that all-in-one shampoo & conditioner provided on the wall.

Yes its supplied (lotion/shampoo/conditioner).........but since they changed to this new Lotus Spa stuff a couple of years ago its pretty bad.

Bulk pump bottle wall dispenser in the shower.

We bring our own now. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I pack my own shampoo and conditioner for cruises since Princess installed the shampoo/conditioner product on the shower walls.

IMO the product is useless.

It left my hair dry and so tangled,I had great difficulty combing my hair after the shower.

I would plan on bringing an amount for about a week,then replenishing the supply at a shop in port for the remainder of the cruise.

In December, 2015 we had:

shampoo/conditioner combination--awful

shower gel--watered down but ok

lotion--good

small facial soap--satisfactory

We will be brining our own shampoo and separate conditioner on our upcoming cruise.

This was in a balcony cabin, but I don't think it matters.

In December' date=' 2015 we had:

shampoo/conditioner combination--awful

shower gel--watered down but ok

lotion--good

small facial soap--satisfactory

We will be brining our own shampoo and separate conditioner on our upcoming cruise.

This was in a balcony cabin, but I don't think it matters.[/quote']

I forgot about the quarter size soap.

Bring your own soap too! ;)

Now aren't all Elites supposed to get Suite-grade Lotus Spa upgraded toiletries as a perk? (Sorry to OP) Separate shampoo and conditioner shower gel lotion soaps etc?
Being elite we have always gotten the shampoo/conditioner and gel soap on the wall. The only "Lotus Spa" product has been the lotion;)

Thanks all. I think I shall be bringing my own.

I'm not super picky about shampoo. I tried the "all in one" stuff and it left my hair feeling like straw, but it did get my hair clean, so now I bring conditioner and use the stuff in the shower for shampoo. Cuts down on luggage cram.

With the switch to the shampoo/conditioner and shower gel in dispensers on the wall, Elites get 2 oz tubes of the shampoo/conditioner, shower gel and lotion. You also get the larger "silver dollar?" sized bar of soap. They are marked Lotus Spa. The separate eucalyptus scented shampoo and conditioner was discontinued around 2012.

Just got off the Grand and as Elite we had upgraded toiletries that included a tube of conditioner (worked great), sunblock stick, shower cap, and a loofah. There was also a weird "linen spray" that was really strong, didn't use it - maybe their version of Febreze? The conditioner was nice to have alongside the pump shampoo/conditioner blend.