Anniversary Sale now expired - what is next?

DaveOKC

The Anniversary Sale had some nice perks and it is now officially over (as of July 2).

I wonder what (if anything) will replace it and/or will prices come down as a result?

Thoughts?

Prices on the HAL website have not changed as of today even though the Anniversary Sale promotion is no longer showing. I imagine they will be adjusted somewhat after the July 4 weekend and followed soon after by the re-introduction of the Explore 4 Promotion and another price adjustment.

Prices on the HAL website have not changed as of today even though the Anniversary Sale promotion is no longer showing. I imagine they will be adjusted somewhat after the July 4 weekend and followed soon after by the re-introduction of the Explore 4 Promotion and another price adjustment.

If Explore4 is to follow soon, I would not expect them to lower and then increase prices over a short time period. However, with HAL you never know!

The price on our 30 day cruise has gone up nearly $3,000 per person (Cdn but the U.S. price increase seems to be consistent) for our category over the last few days. Makes one wonder if Explore4 is coming or if they just have enough cabins sold that they can "bump" the price . I guess time will tell ;)

Just rechecked the prices on our coming cruises. Both dropped a bit (about 10-12%), but the lost Anniversary Sale perks would have been more than that, so I will keep my reservations as is for now.

The price for the middle B2B2B segment of my September 2017 Koningsdam VH cabin inexplicatively dropped $250 ($500 for a solo) last weekend. My TA successfully jumped on it. She inquired of HAL at the time if anything new was in development, but as usual, the HAL rep knew nothing.

All the cruise lines use a computer algorithm that senses supply and demand and adjusts prices automatically. That's the reason those deals we used to get are not there these days I imagine the program even tells headquarters when to run or extend a sale.

Our booked 14-day Alaska cruise for next May was and is high ... so I'm hoping some sort of promotion will follow. However, fixed seating, early and main, are both waitlisted now. It may be selling well enough that they won't see the need to offer any discounts or perks.

Just rechecked the prices on our coming cruises. Both dropped a bit (about 10-12%), but the lost Anniversary Sale perks would have been more than that, so I will keep my reservations as is for now.

Did some additional figuring (the HAL website was not working correctly for me earlier) and saw that my cruise fare in the same category dropped by $600pp, almost exactly what the value of the Anniversary sale "perks" amounted to. Plus if I rebook I likely will not get to keep the "thank you for sailing with us" email offer worth $100 pp.

So, for now, keeping my reservation as is. However, I would encourage everyone who booked with the Anniversary sale to check out their situation for themselves as thing do vary by cruise.

Did some additional figuring (the HAL website was not working correctly for me earlier) and saw that my cruise fare in the same category dropped by $600pp, almost exactly what the value of the Anniversary sale "perks" amounted to. Plus if I rebook I likely will not get to keep the "thank you for sailing with us" email offer worth $100 pp.

So, for now, keeping my reservation as is. However, I would encourage everyone who booked with the Anniversary sale to check out their situation for themselves as thing do vary by cruise.

I have rebooked several times on more than one cruise. Each time my TA managed (bullied the rep?) to keep the Thank You OBC. It is worth a try.

mine is the same story

We booked with the Anniversary sale benefits. I kinda hope they offer the Explore 4 at the same price. I believe I'd jump on it

We picked up our cruise with the anniversary sale...but what is Explore 4?

/gail.

Explore 4 is another package HAL offers with some regularity ,usually later in the year. It includes dinner for at The Pinnacle Grill, 2 of the Beverage Cards to allow up to 15 drinks per day for each cardholder, reduced deposits and shipboard credit...The credit you get depends on the room you have. Suite customers receive $300.00, I believe. I think I remembered correctly. I'm sure more experienced folks will chime in.

Once HAL realizes that the phones stopped ringing after the Anniversary Sale ended , they will surely post a new sale of some kind . Gotta keep up with the competition (Princess, ect.) who just post one Sale after the next. Not always better, but sometimes not bad at all.

Last March when we were on Westerdam, we booked an SA on Oosterdam for next March. Just checked the price. It's down exactly $500 PP from our booking. If the new Explore 4 is the same as the last, it would also be worth about $500 PP. I'd rather have the price drop than the Explore 4 so I'e asked my TA to check on this.

Edited by RocketMan275

Explore 4 is another package HAL offers with some regularity ,usually later in the year. It includes dinner for at The Pinnacle Grill, 2 of the Beverage Cards to allow up to 15 drinks per day for each cardholder, reduced deposits and shipboard credit...The credit you get depends on the room you have. Suite customers receive $300.00, I believe. I think I remembered correctly. I'm sure more experienced folks will chime in.

Thank you Dee2673 for info on Explore 4 package. It sounds interesting...will watch to see if HAL offers same for our cruise.

/sweetp