A moral dilemma

Quite a sad story. I am a sr citizen as well, those 3 people should have had correct contact info, should not pay in advance, should have had plenty of cash to hire alternate transportation to return to the ship or take a ship tour. I feel sorry that they did not do their homework and the company they trusted was not reliable. I don't feel sorry the ship tour company took care of their paying guests. You can bet the 3 will be better prepared on the next private tour they take.

Just off 2 wonderful weeks cruising the western Mediterranean on the indy.

Our guide made a call ( I don’t know if she spoke with her company, or the ship), eventually we left them stranded.

Based on statement above OP doesn't know who the guide spoke with and/or what arrangements were made for the 3 seniors. To say they were left "stranded" is a strong statement when all the facts aren't known.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Pencild!ck .... I mean twist it - erm his pencil that is, is a troll who joined last month. He offers no helpful advice, just rude child like comments. Its pathetic really but it must give him some respite as his carer wipes the drool from his chin. He must dream of cruising one day.

...my point is, The thread is about senior citizens being refused a ride to the ship after being left by a private company....

It's actually NOT. If you re-read the original post, and some of the replies (mine included), we really don't know what happened. I had said, "Well, you don't know for sure they were left stranded. Your guide could have called a cab for them but you all had to get going, appearing to leave them behind.". Right? We don't know what happened or why they were not permitted to board someone else's tour bus. We do know the guide made a call, but what happened after that is a mystery.

Let's not make assumptions, OK? For all we know, after the bus with OP left, a cab pulled up and took them back to the ship.

... is a troll who joined last month. He offers no helpful advice, just rude child like comments...

Use the Ignore feature and don't engage him. Simple as. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

3 senior citizens labelled as potential terrorists. if that would have been my mum I would have hoped they got assistance from the cruising community.

Then. Someone actually backs up the comment......really?

Please leave your paranoia at the airport and try to help each other rather than suspect senior citizens in need of help of being terrorists.

Hopefully your mum will have the good sense to know the name of her tour operator.

As for the terrorism concerns, they are legitimate. Terrorists have been know to use sympathetic characters (children, the elderly) to get people to let their guard down, then they strike. It's not unheard of to strap kids with explosives. It's a sad world we live in, and it's important to be alert to potential dangers.

I agree that it does not really sound like the people were just left stranded with no help. A call was made--presumably if htey were from the ship something was done (either a cab sent at their cost, or their tour guide found, etc).

I also agree that the whole story seems a little fishy--they were somewhere dropped off, could not find their return cab (or it failed to show, I can believe that might happen on rare occassion), had no way to contact the ship or call another cab, etc.

Did they really ask for a ride back? Maybe they were responsible travellers and asked for help calling a cab so they could pay for their own ride back.

I don't know--it just doesn't sound like someone was left in a dangerous situation with no posssible way out for themselves by some heartless money grabbing company to me--it sounds like someone ended up in a bind, asked for help, and an appropriate action (call to a taxi, or ship's personel) was done to help them

And what does that mean? Yes, there are a few bad apples but please don't lump us all into your rude category. :mad:

I didn't read it that way--I thought the person was saying that being old doesn't make you any more or less trustworthy than being middle aged or a teen, etc---age really has nothing to do with trustworthniess; and I would agree with that.

As a new member I'm wondering why I registered for this site. The number of snide comments and lack if humanity by some posters is appalling. As my grand mother always said, "if you have nothing nice to say, do not say it at all"

Rant over

As a new member I'm wondering why I registered for this site. The number of snide comments and lack if humanity by some posters is appalling. As my grand mother always said, "if you have nothing nice to say, do not say it at all"

Rant over

As a new member and lower number poster you will learn who's comments to skip over with time. If you truly offended by them you can actually block their posts so you can't read them. Don't let a few detract you from a site that has a lot of information.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Rant over

Amen

I don't think old people are particularly trustworthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You people are all the same!

((((((I didn't read it that way--I thought the person was saying that being old doesn't make you any more or less trustworthy than being middle aged or a teen, etc---age really has nothing to do with trustworthniess; and I would agree with that. )))))) Quote by DHDisneylover..........sorry, I can't quote more than two posts.

Hadley, DHDisneyloverer, I take his remarks as how they were written. No inpertratation needed.

This person has been all over the boards with like remarks.