Hey Celebrity, how about a Tahiti/Hawaii itinerary from the west coast?

norwegianwood57

This post is winding down. We have established a couple of things.

That there is definitely an interest in more cruises from the west coast.

That no celebrity rep came on to give any of their point of view, nor that we expected it.

Is Celebrity listening? That is the big unknown.

Thank you to all who posted and had this going for all to see and perhaps think about.

Thank you for starting this thread. I know that Celebrity reads these threads and I can understand why they would not want to respond, but I think our point of view has been made. I will be on the Solstice in 2 months and I will continue to query the Future Cruise staff about these kinds of itineraries and see what kind of clues I can get from them.

So as this thread winds down, I or someone else will start a similar thread in about 6 months and we will continue to lobby for Celebrity to provide better service in California. In the meantime, I have 2 itineraries booked on Princess in 2017 with an LA to LA roundtrip (Star and Ruby). I hate to spend my money with Princess but that is my only acceptable alternative right now.

Edited by El Crucero

When I have the opportunity to talk with Captains Club or the Corporate office for Celebrity , I always add the need for a cruise ship to replace Century ;which was the Celebrity ship (since sold out of the fleet) QUOTE]

Profit of course comes into play however the Century sized ships could always stay in the black with full cabins and proper pricing.

Century class ships are proportionally less expensive to build, furnish, maintain, staff, provision and fuel (I will defer to those more in the know as to the fuel savings).

A "C" class ship could easily add a few more ports to almost any geographic destination and provide itineraries that would rekindle new interest even in well worn destinations like the Caribbean.

Since X is and has been in business along with RCCL for a while they probably have connections or at least can make connections at almost any port in the world and could easily solve any logistics problems at a new group of ports of call.

Innovative thinking would prevent exhausting buyer's interest in a particular itinerary by avoiding the repeating of the same cruise over and over until it won't sell unless the freebies and deep discounts are brought out.

How about a cycle of two round trips from a port then a repo to another base for a few cruises and so on.

Alaska for a few,

then the Pacific coast,

then Hawaii,

French Polynesia,

the Pacific coast of Central America,

the Panama Canal,

Mexico.

the Gulf coast,

Florida and the Caribbean.

up the Coast,

maybe Bermuda,

then on to New York and WOW, that sounded like fun so let's do the Reverse...

This would offer something for everyone as it would switch around from port intensive cruises to ones with more ship based R & R cruises that have a few more days at sea.

Just the ramblings of an old cruise junkie.

bosco

• 4 weeks later...
Well where are they making more money now. Certainly not Europe!

It is a good time to suggest a different focus for Celebrity, since they are slashing European prices, maybe they will turn somewhere else.

This post is winding down. We have established a couple of things.

That there is definitely an interest in more cruises from the west coast.

That no celebrity rep came on to give any of their point of view, nor that we expected it.

Is Celebrity listening? That is the big unknown.

Thank you to all who posted and had this going for all to see and perhaps think about.

Certainly the Equinox would have been welcomed at SF or Long Beach/San Pedro as home base for western/Hawaii/Mexico/California Coastal cruises.

What could have been, aren't there enough cruise ships in the Caribbean?