Hey Celebrity, how about a Tahiti/Hawaii itinerary from the west coast?

norwegianwood57

FWIW we understand that the new Celebrity class ships will not enter service until 2018 . For us that means 79 yrs young :p

What with the European problems & heard that Carnival is redeploying ships away from the European markets :eek:

FWIW we understand that the new Celebrity class ships will not enter service until 2018 . For us that means 79 yrs young :p

What with the European problems & heard that Carnival is redeploying ships away from the European markets :eek:

Hope Celebrity is as wise.

Princess used to do that 28D RT SP cruise several times a year. Now down to once annually. So it must not be a top seller .I would do it but Crown has really bad reviews. Probably do Solstice repo to Sydney or reverse. Do not understand Celebrity sending both Connie and Millie over to the East at same time.Was on Reflection last month with an officers question session. Officer said there will NEVER be any world cruises ever. I said segments would be fine. He confided they are having a hard time filling Connie. Either ship would be great in South Pacific.I splurged last year for South Pacific on Oceania.. Best cruise of my life.

Celebrity, please consider this itinerary from the west coast, L.A or San Diego.

SOOOO many of us are very eager for something new. This would be a welcome change. Right now the south pacific is all from Australia.

A while back there was a topic asking for new itineraries. Hope Celebrity listened and hope they listen to this one.

With the new Edge ships coming, we all hope for something new. Please dont disappoint us.

Awesome suggestion..we would eagerly sign up...esp if RT...a great long adventure!

Princess used to do that 28D RT SP cruise several times a year. Now down to once annually. So it must not be a top seller .I would do it but Crown has really bad reviews. Probably do Solstice repo to Sydney or reverse. Do not understand Celebrity sending both Connie and Millie over to the East at same time.Was on Reflection last month with an officers question session. Officer said there will NEVER be any world cruises ever. I said segments would be fine. He confided they are having a hard time filling Connie. Either ship would be great in South Pacific.I splurged last year for South Pacific on Oceania.. Best cruise of my life.

Would love to do Tahiti/Hawaii with Oceania, but do not relish the thought of the AirTahiti flight all that way. Would gladly just sail from San Diego round trip.

Hope my wish comes true. But my experience has been , wishes come true when you combine them with a little action. Yes I have written my letters to Celebrity.

Would a petition here help? Would anyone know how to start it?

Or maybe a poll, how many would like to see Tahiti, Hawaii from west coast with round trip options.

I suspect Celebrity has a pretty sharp group of people who are tasked with the development of itineraries. They know the Market, the competition, the R.O.C. they will be able to make from those various Markets. For example it would make poor business sense to compete with Princess and Carnival in a saturated market where the only way to obtain market share is through pricing. I suspect many cruisers from California are price driven, over quality hence Carnivals market share.

The cruise business is just that, a business, and these pretty sharp people are probably more aware of the numbers that would sail from California and at what price point than any of us. After all, that's why they are in the job and we are not.

Instead of another poll, perhaps your time could be better spent developing a sound business plan that would show Celebrity why it would make business sense to dedicate resources to the Market you favour instead of where their ships are now.

Best of luck on that Business Plan and I'm sure many of us look forward to reviewing it.

Would love to do Tahiti/Hawaii with Oceania, but do not relish the thought of the AirTahiti flight all that way. Would gladly just sail from San Diego round trip.

Hope my wish comes true. But my experience has been , wishes come true when you combine them with a little action. Yes I have written my letters to Celebrity.

Would a petition here help? Would anyone know how to start it?

Or maybe a poll, how many would like to see Tahiti, Hawaii from west coast with round trip options.

Celebrity, please consider this itinerary from the west coast, L.A or San Diego.

SOOOO many of us are very eager for something new. This would be a welcome change. Right now the south pacific is all from Australia.

A while back there was a topic asking for new itineraries. Hope Celebrity listened and hope they listen to this one.

With the new Edge ships coming, we all hope for something new. Please dont disappoint us.

I would book this cruise in a heartbeat!!! DH and I both would love to see Australia and the South Pacific but there's no way on earth I'll get him in a plane from NY to Australia....I tried to get him on one that left from Hawaii and everything was fine till he realized we had to fly back to NY from Sydney. I promised to stop over in Moorea and Hawaii but to no avail. But if I could put him on the ship in San Diego.....I think I could get him to do the 30 day part. :D

Roxievegas, I hope you will enjoy your Princess cruise. Princess is similar to Celebrity, but different is some ways, too.

Zoncom, the Princess 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti r/t Los Angeles is on Emerald Princess October 2017 and March 2018. I've never been on the Emerald, but I've read good things. I have been on the Crown, and although I had a nice cruise, she is my least favorite Princess ship.

I suspect Celebrity has a pretty sharp group of people who are tasked with the development of itineraries. They know the Market, the competition, the R.O.C. they will be able to make from those various Markets. For example it would make poor business sense to compete with Princess and Carnival in a saturated market where the only way to obtain market share is through pricing. I suspect many cruisers from California are price driven, over quality hence Carnivals market share.

The cruise business is just that, a business, and these pretty sharp people are probably more aware of the numbers that would sail from California and at what price point than any of us. After all, that's why they are in the job and we are not.

Instead of another poll, perhaps your time could be better spent developing a sound business plan that would show Celebrity why it would make business sense to dedicate resources to the Market you favour instead of where their ships are now.

Best of luck on that Business Plan and I'm sure many of us look forward to reviewing it.

Very well said.

As a Californian, I, too would love to see these sailings the OP is suggesting. But you have to be a realist, too.

But there lies the problem.

Many of us hate having to fly back from Australia, New Zealand or the Far East, or any distant destination for that matter.

We want the ship to bring us back to the USA (without needing to wait until the end of the season to return).

And some of us Aussies would like to see the opposite happen - ships bringing us back to Australia at regular intervals.

Hmmm, maybe there is a market for regular transpacific cruises ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Mar/Apr to Oct/Nov season is when ships head to the Mediterranean or do Alaska runs? Oct/Nov to Mar/Apr some ships come down to Australia and NZ, and that is also peak Caribbean season?

Now Mar/Apr to Oct/Nov is actually the best time for the South Pacific (no cyclones) and for the Great Barrier Reef region of Australian (no stingers and it's the dry season). If the market is softening in the Mediterranean is there hope that we could see a shift towards transpacifics and more winter cruising in parts of Australia?

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Well I'll jump in here, but with a slightly different take! Whilst I would love to see an in depth Hawaii/Tahiti itinerary I'd also like to see a 2nd ==X== ship based in OZ [emoji33]

I'd like to see them have a ship based in Australia all year round, like Princess does.

Particularly for those mid-winter getaways over to New Caledonia, Vanuatu, PNG, and up the coast of Queensland. Even a couple of Top End cruises.

There are three sets of school holidays from late March (when ships start leaving our region), to October (when they start returning). Since the actual holidays vary from state to state these holidays actually cover a decent period of time.eg for this year:

24th March to 1st May

24th June to 24st July

16th September to 16th October

So lots of opportunites to sell cruises to families wanting to escape the chill of winter, and the rest of the time all us older folk also want to escape the cold.

Certainly RCCL has many ships & they are in the same quandary for Europe as Celebrity & other cruise lines . Placing one or 2 ships out here would be nice of them ;)

God forbid things getting worse with both the European economy & terrorism .however ,things do not look good at all over there :eek:

And how many of these reviewers would then be business majors, fully qualified to review such a plan?

And if you are one, then rather than offering me the challenge to do so, go ahead and develop one of your own.

Meanwhile, the Celebrity business plan right now is to deliver all those of us clamoring for these itineraries, to their competitors. That seems to be a smart move to you.

What part of this seems well said to you?

All of it for the same reason Cruise Junky mentioned.

But just because I agree with WpgCruise's response, doesn't mean I disagree with your hopes for West Coast cruises. As I stated in two previous posts on this thread, I'd love to see such sailing and would jump to book on them. I just don't think we'll see them anytime soon, though I'd love to be proved wrong! ;)

Great thread! My 2 cents... base a ship in Hawaii for cruises that appeal to those who are not yet retired which will allow them to go to French Polynesia. Unfortunately, a 28 day cruise from California, return, is not feasible for those who would love sailing to Polynesia who are not yet retired.

I would jump on the opportunity since Princess no longer has a cruise based in French Polynesia.

Edited by Tangocherie

Great thread! My 2 cents... base a ship in Hawaii for cruises that appeal to those who are not yet retired which will allow them to go to French Polynesia. Unfortunately, a 28 day cruise from California, return, is not feasible for those who would love sailing to Polynesia who are not yet retired.

I would jump on the opportunity since Princess no longer has a cruise based in French Polynesia.

I would love them to break up Solstice's Hawaii to Sydney cruise to be able to do a Hawaii to Tahiti portion. We're just not interested or have the vacation time to do the whole thing.