Hey Celebrity, how about a Tahiti/Hawaii itinerary from the west coast?

norwegianwood57

Celebrity, please consider this itinerary from the west coast, L.A or San Diego.

SOOOO many of us are very eager for something new. This would be a welcome change. Right now the south pacific is all from Australia.

A while back there was a topic asking for new itineraries. Hope Celebrity listened and hope they listen to this one.

With the new Edge ships coming, we all hope for something new. Please dont disappoint us.

We have done 77 cruises & been to many worlds ports ,mostly on Celebrity & Royal Carribean ships:D . However ,we do not have another Celebrity cruise booked until Oct 1 ,2017 aboard Infiniti ;which is a Calif 8 night coastal cruise . This is due to lack of local Celebrity /RCCL ships here for the heavily populated west coast :o

Because we will not fly to board a Celebrity or any cruise ship ,we are substituting driving trips & not that far for distance .:D

Princess ships: 18

Celebrity ships: 9

Princess base: Santa Clarita, CA

Celebrity base: Miami, FL

Tough to cover the world when the revenue generators are in Europe and SA

Except for Hawaii, West Coast itineraries are generally revenue neutral or worse.

In October 2013 we took Millie from San Diego to Hawaii to Australia via Tahiti and then up Gold Coast and Great Barrier Reef to Singapore---45 perfect days. This was a repositioning itinerary (3 b2b cruises). I would think that something similar is possible 2x a year as the Solstice and Millie are moved to Austraia/New Zealand and Far East. Just search these ships itineraries. That is what we did!

Wow!!! I just took a look at all the amazing itineraries Princess has for the south pacific out of Los Angeles, or Vancouver. Made me feel stupid for placing all this loyalty into Celebrity over the years. We are out of itineraries , celebrity no longer offers enough to interest us. We are really much more interested now in the western hemisphere.

Hope someone with any clout at Celebrity will take notice of this but I suspect there have been many topics like this asking Celebrity to bring in new itineraries with a different focus than europe. No attention has been paid to it.

We like the Celebrity product but with no more choices it is time to consider giving up the perks.

In October 2013 we took Millie from San Diego to Hawaii to Australia via Tahiti and then up Gold Coast and Great Barrier Reef to Singapore---45 perfect days. This was a repositioning itinerary (3 b2b cruises). I would think that something similar is possible 2x a year as the Solstice and Millie are moved to Austraia/New Zealand and Far East. Just search these ships itineraries. That is what we did!

But there lies the problem.

Many of us hate having to fly back from Australia, New Zealand or the Far East, or any distant destination for that matter.

We want the ship to bring us back to the USA (without needing to wait until the end of the season to return).

Wow!!! I just took a look at all the amazing itineraries Princess has for the south pacific out of Los Angeles, or Vancouver. Made me feel stupid for placing all this loyalty into Celebrity over the years. We are out of itineraries , celebrity no longer offers enough to interest us. We are really much more interested now in the western hemisphere.

Hope someone with any clout at Celebrity will take notice of this but I suspect there have been many topics like this asking Celebrity to bring in new itineraries with a different focus than europe. No attention has been paid to it.

We like the Celebrity product but with no more choices it is time to consider giving up the perks.

Interesting comment. We too have been devoted to Celebrity and also are finding their itineraries lacking. Not keen on going back to Europe after five. Been to the Caribbean too many times and are not interested in Alaska.

HAL has some really interesting itineraries. Been on them many times and like their product. Maybe it's time for a change.

I mentioned this in other threads, but on our recent Pacific Coastal cruise on Celebrity originating in San Diego, I had a chat with the Future Cruise staff. They said that the rumor is that is soon as the first Edge class ship is launched in 2 or 3 years, one of the older Millennium class ships (probably the Infinity) will be moved to a permanent California base, either San Diego or San Pedro. Right now the very few Celebrity cruises originating in California are pretty much selling out way in advance.

The problem is future itineraries for a California based ship. Ten years ago, the Mexican Riviera was a very popular itinerary, but as a result of the drug wars in Mexico, it is more difficult to fill those itineraries today. Roundtrip to Hawai'i is popular but how many of those itineraries can you offer a year before the market is saturated? Then there is a one way "Pacific Coastal" from California to British Columbia/Alaska and vice versa, but that is only one way.

As a result of the Jones Act, all cruise ships must stop at a foreign port when sailing on a cruise originating or terminating in the US. So the only California roundtrip Celebrity is now offering is an 8 day SanDiego/San Francisco/Catalina/Ensenada/San Diego roundtrip itinerary (which we have booked for next year).

Currently, Carnival has the Mexican market saturated from California ports and Princess has the Hawai'i market. So Celebrity has to think through their options carefully. I would prefer a Celebrity round trip from a SoCal base whatever the itinerary. A roundtrip to Hawai'i/Tahiti would suit us to a T, but that would be probably somewhere around a 28 day cruise with LOTS of sea days (maybe around 18). But we like sea days!

So what do you all think? Any other ideas? Good thread and I know Celebrity staff read these.

Edited by El Crucero

35 million people in CA and Princess has the west coast wrapped up. Be nice to have another option?

Princess has plenty of great options for the South Pacific. Some are r/t Australia and New Zealand, but they also have several from North America.

~Auckland-Vancouver

~Sydney-LA

~Sydney-Vancouver

~LA-Sydney

~r/t LA (Hawaii & South Pacific)

Princess has a 28 day trip to Hawaii and Tahiti, round trip Los Angeles. It is expensive, and there are a lot of sea days. It is offered in October 2016 on Crown Princess, and October 2017 and March 2018 on Emerald Princess. Celebrity cruisers, why not ask Celebrity to offer something similar, and if they are not able to do so, consider Princess. Princess is very similar to Celebrity; if you like Celebrity, you will probably like Princess.

Sometimes asking works! I heard that some Princess cruisers started a petition, asking them to do an Alaska cruise round trip from Los Angeles (their Alaska cruises have been from Seattle or Vancouver). This year, they offered an Alaska cruise from Los Angeles! I heard sales were very brisk on the day the sales opened. So, you never know.

As a Californian who also prefers =X= over Princess, I'll just say "don't hold your breath" for Celebrity to home port a ship on the West Coast outside of summer season in Alaska.

=X= will deploy their ships wherever they believe they can make the highest per diems. They're a business, not a community service organization.

But If/when they deploy a ship here, I'll fight to be the first in line to book! ;)

Princess has plenty of great options for the South Pacific. Some are r/t Australia and New Zealand, but they also have several from North America.

~Auckland-Vancouver

~Sydney-LAa,

~Sydney-Vancouver

~LA-Sydney

All of those cruises would be over 25 days and appeal to retirees. Not Celebrity's target market. Westcoast cruises have long been known for their low spend on board. I just don't see them doing it.

Edited by Cruise Junky

All of those cruises would be over 25 days and appeal to retirees. Not Celebrity's target market. Westcoast cruises have long been known for their low spend on board. I just don't see them doing it.

Back in 2013 the Century did round trip 15 night Hawaii cruises from San Diego. I went on 2 B2B!!! They were AMAZING. What Celebrity does not realize is that the majority of their passengers ARE retires !!!

Celebrity PLEASE bring back the Hawaii R/T cruises from California !!!!

Back in 2013 the Century did round trip 15 night Hawaii cruises from San Diego. I went on 2 B2B!!! They were AMAZING. What Celebrity does not realize is that the majority of their passengers ARE retires !!!

Celebrity PLEASE bring back the Hawaii R/T cruises from California !!!!

We'll I didn't say you weren't their current market ;) just not their target market. With more ships coming online and issues in Europe, you might get lucky.

Heads up for anyone interested, Princess's 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti return LA is being offered with a free drink package right now. Two sailings fall 2017 and Spring 2018

Excellent thread. Thanks to the OP for bringing up this topic that hopefully Celebrity representatives will read and consider.

Princess has a 28 day trip to Hawaii and Tahiti, round trip Los Angeles. It is expensive, and there are a lot of sea days. It is offered in October 2016 on Crown Princess, and October 2017 and March 2018 on Emerald Princess. Celebrity cruisers, why not ask Celebrity to offer something similar, and if they are not able to do so, consider Princess. Princess is very similar to Celebrity; if you like Celebrity, you will probably like Princess.

This itinerary is exactly what I would like to see on X. HAL also offers a RT from the west coast (LA?) to Tahiti and back at around 28 days. We do lots of Celebrity Transatlantics and have no trouble filling those sea days with fun things to do. We have been on Princess once and HAL three times, and we most definitely prefer X. Plus we have our Elite Plus benefits, which would be very useful on a long cruise. We have been talking about taking the HAL cruise (or Princess), but are really hoping that Celebrity will incorporate this itinerary. New ships and potential redeployment from faltering Europe itineraries should justify Celebrity's competing with Princess and HAL for this market. We have basically exhausted all of Celebrity's European itineraries, except for a few ports like Liverpool and Glasgow and would welcome a RT cruise from the US west coast (or even Vancouver) to Tahiti via Hawaii.

We really enjoyed our two cruises from San Diego roundtrip to Hawaii.

As a Californian who also prefers =X= over Princess, I'll just say "don't hold your breath" for Celebrity to home port a ship on the West Coast outside of summer season in Alaska.

=X= will deploy their ships wherever they believe they can make the highest per diems. They're a business, not a community service organization.

But If/when they deploy a ship here, I'll fight to be the first in line to book! ;)

Hi Beav. I'm completely in agreement with you. We have done 5 R/T Hawaii cruises with Celebrity, quite a few years ago. We loved them! We're from California, and also would like to see cruises out of San Diego or San Francisco with the OP's suggested itinerary.

Well I'll jump in here, but with a slightly different take! Whilst I would love to see an in depth Hawaii/Tahiti itinerary I'd also like to see a 2nd ==X== ship based in OZ [emoji33]

For similar reasons we love the Celebrity experience, but it would be nice to enjoy another ship than the lovely Solstice! Yes, they have options out of Asia but as a family the return flights make them an expensive option. And then there's the even more expensive and 24+ hour flight to hit Europe or East Coast USA cruising options [emoji33][emoji389]✈️

Celebrity, hurry up and triple your fleet already so you can make us all happy!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have jumped on the two available itineraries for the west coast. The Pacific Coastal for may and the Panama/South America for November 2017. Happy that we found 2 itineraries that offer us an opportunity to do something different other than Europe and the Caribbean.

Once we do these, there will be nothing else left that Celebrity has to offer us.

So I hope the poster is right when they said that when the edge ships come into fruition, perhaps the Infinity will stay permanently on the west coast.

Would love to do a round trip from L.A. to Hawaii. Princess has several 15 day options of doing that as well as longer ones.

~Auckland-Vancouver

~Sydney-LA

~Sydney-Vancouver

~LA-Sydney

Would like to see Celebrity on the West Coast to compete with Princess/HAL--although HAL has no competition for the long R/T Tahiti cruise!!!

Edited by thyme2go

Those of us with perks with Celeb or those who simply like the Celeb product, are very hopeful that Celeb increases their attention to the west coast. Hate to have no choices but to turn to another cruse line.

Celebrity invested heavily in Europe and the Mediterranean. All their eggs in one basket, so to speak. Not a good idea, as we see.

Add me to the list of those who would like some more West Coast cruises - and we would be flying from the UK to take them!

We love the US and have done several amazing tours from SF, LA, LV and Seattle. The only snag after our tours is we are exhausted and need a cruise! It would be great to revisit Zion, Arches, Grand Canyon... again and then finish up in LA and pick up a coastal or a Hawaii cruise!

Edited by chemmo

Sometimes asking works! I heard that some Princess cruisers started a petition, asking them to do an Alaska cruise round trip from Los Angeles (their Alaska cruises have been from Seattle or Vancouver). This year, they offered an Alaska cruise from Los Angeles! I heard sales were very brisk on the day the sales opened. So, you never know.

I booked this Princess cruise yesterday. They are offering through today only $100 per person deposit and free drink package. Yes it is expensive, but we are leaving and coming back to LA which is our home area, so no flights involved. We went on a B2B2B cruise in April for 34 nights and we loved the sea days, so this cruise works for us. Have been to Hawaii many times, but not Tahiti. We have done nothing but Celebrity cruises, but Princess offered the itinerary we wanted, so we booked.

And we've been to Tahiti / French Polynesia on a Princess cruise a few years back. I can't imagine anyone NOT loving that area, the people, the experience--it's truly an amazing one. Have a great trip! :D