Luggage Tag designation for Elite Captains Club level

castle701

I was just printing up our luggage tags and my Son who is in an OV cabin has an"Elite - CaptainsClub" stamped on his luggage tag. Our cabin is a concierge cabin and ours is marked "Concierge Class" but there is no designation of "Elite - Captains Club" on our tag - thought it probably doesn't matter but thought I'd ask.

Never seen in either. Perhaps the X rep will weigh in. I'm sure it doesn't matter as to when your luggage arrives. As an aside, we have been very pleased over our last 4 cruises how promptly the bags have shown up. We've been able to unpack nearly completely before muster.

Our Captain's Club status was always on our luggage tags but Celebrity mailed them, no printing ourselves.

Today I received the 2nd of 2 sets of luggage tags in the mail for an upcoming b2b. No indication of Captains Club status on the tags. Maybe because I have no status to speak of?

Stan

Our Captain's Club status was always on our luggage tags but Celebrity mailed them, no printing ourselves.

Just checked for next cruise and ours says elite on them

Ours has said Elite on them for the last several cruises. :confused: Not that it has done us any good, but odd that others tags do not indicate their CC status. The luggage arrives when it gets there. :D We have had it arrive and inside the stateroom when we have walked in for the first time, and it has arrived closer to dinner and left in the hallway. :rolleyes:

Edited by Iamthesea

No CC status on my recent luggage tags - either printed or mailed. Who cares? They will not treat your luggage any differently. Honestly if we are talking luggage tags, it would be great if Celebrity would add bar-coding to them. Then scan them upon check-in for tracking. When your bags are very late coming to your cabin - at least you could check to see if they made it on the ship or if they were delivered to the wrong cabin.

No CC status on my recent luggage tags - either printed or mailed. Who cares? They will not treat your luggage any differently. Honestly if we are talking luggage tags, it would be great if Celebrity would add bar-coding to them. Then scan them upon check-in for tracking. When your bags are very late coming to your cabin - at least you could check to see if they made it on the ship or if they were delivered to the wrong cabin.

Good point. I'd much rather see bar coding than Captain's Club status. Who cares about that? My guess is, that to a baggage handler, a suitcase is a suitcase. Period.

We are elite plus and usually it is printed on the tag. Last week it was not. I think you tend to get luggage faster when printed. We waited this time much longer than normal. We were in Seattle. No issue either way.

What a great idea!! However, I have no idea how accurate any of the information would be. Please figure out a way for it to work and sell it to the cruiselines :)

On our last cruise the luggage tags were waiting for us when we arrived home. I had ordered them six weeks ahead! I didn't even check to see if the status was on them. Maybe it is something new - I have never seen it before.

Sheila

What a great idea!! However, I have no idea how accurate any of the information would be. Please figure out a way for it to work and sell it to the cruiselines :)

Royal has it on their new ships, called Royal IQ app. Haven't seen any reviews on it yet.

Royal has it on their new ships, called Royal IQ app. Haven't seen any reviews on it yet.

We sailed Anthem and I could not get it to track my luggage while we were waiting for the staterooms to be ready. Having said that our luggage was at our stateroom at 1:15 pm when they announced the rooms were open, so I guess I really didn't need to track it.

The App is okay for making dinner/show/activity reservations and checking the daily program. They also have tons of kiosks around the ship to do that.

A, I've never had to print luggage tags when sailing on Celebrity. Celebrity sends them out.

B, the only thing I've ever seen on luggage tags is the cabin designation.

Not sure whether the OP is from the UK, but they may be. In the UK we no longer have the option of having the luggage tags mailed to us; our only choice is to print them out.

If only the status on the tags worked! One of the so-called "perks" in Elite Plus and Concierge is early delivery of your luggage. NEVER HAPPENS. Sorry, we've been in Concierge, Suites, etc. and NEVER had our luggage before dinner. So, doesn't make any difference.

Pat C