Favorite desserts on NCL?

I will be on the Escape in a couple of months and would love to know what desserts I should not miss. I already know, from other posts, that the lava cake is good.

What else is out there? Are there any great chocolate desserts?

:)

Desserts are not NCL's forte. However, the bread pudding is really really good and you will often find it up in the buffet. I've had chocolate bread pudding with caramel sauce and the regular kind too. Otherwise just stick with ice cream.

Agreed 200% about NCL's once variety of choices for dessert in the MDR, in the good old days. In a couple months, anything go - sorry, not sure if I want to play fortune teller as their track records lately aren't very impressive, IMHO.

Nowadays, chocolate seemed to be everywhere (easy, compact to store & keep around, refrigeration is easy) - everything from dipping them in strawberries as the daily "treats" and/or welcome abroad "treats" and as the CAS "goodies" for its players.

If OP likes chocolate-covered Lava cake - no problem, it was offered at least 3 times on our last BA cruise this May on a 7 day sailing, made it easy to choose - given the limited selections, aside from ice cream (not listed, just ask for it)

Not sure about ice cream, actually - those that came with our apple pie a la mode at O'Sheehans was half melting by the time it reached our table ... services were fast, friendly & the wait time was very good.

Walked by the extra charge/supplment/not included ... soon to close ?? "Bake Shop" (was Carlos Bake Shop once) a few times during its open hours & looked inside, was pretty sad & disappointing, empty shelves ... but, they still do/take special orders for cakes. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160527/f6f4a4587a38a5f56479077d619a834e.jpg

Triptolemus - LOL, I missed that - something new ? Was that complimentary or with an upcharge ... 73's

Edited by mking8288

I love the dessert souffles in the MDRs. Just check the daily menus. They usually have them once or twice a week. One was coconut with a mango sauce. Another variety was served with a cranberry sauce.

Other than that, my favorite 'dessert' is a BBC. Some bars will add a real banana for you but it's good without fresh banana too. A really tasty banana milkshake with rum;)

Lobster Tails (pastry filled with cannoli cream, $, at the formerly known as Carlos Bakery) and the hand scooped hard ice cream (different flavors during the week) with warm caramel sauce at the buffet. Excellent.

That's about it. As for the Chocolate Covered Bottled Water, I have no comment. ;)

P.S. All of the above followed with either. Frozen Toasted Almond beverage or a Lemon Drop Martini. Cheers :)

Happy Sailing!

Edited by meatball_nyc
Spelling

Stop by the crepe station in the buffet for a Nutella and cream crepe. They are awesome.

If we were dining late, we would often get a "dessertitizer" before our dinner reservations, just in case our meal ended after the crepe station closed!

I've heard rumors of an excellent peanut butter cheesecake... anyone know when / where this is available (on the escape)

The lunch menu in the MDRs has a peanut butter cup cheesecake that my husband and stepson said was the best dessert ever. It was so good my husband insisted on eating there many times even though it meant taking his hat off. I don't like chocolate, so I can't weigh in. My favorite dessert was the apple pie at O'Sheehans.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last year on the Jewel in Alaska, my favorite dessert was the Hazelnut Chocolate Bar. That thing was amazing, especially with a cup of coffee. I believe they had it available on the "Chocolate Night", which took the place of the chocolate buffet they had many years ago. I hope they have it available for your ship, too.

Stop by the crepe station in the buffet for a Nutella and cream crepe. They are awesome.

If we were dining late, we would often get a "dessertitizer" before our dinner reservations, just in case our meal ended after the crepe station closed!

You sound like my husband and I with a dessetitizer, which for us is a crepe too. Do you know if they have a crepe station on the Getaway? We are going in October. Thanks.

I will be on the Escape in a couple of months and would love to know what desserts I should not miss. I already know, from other posts, that the lava cake is good.

What else is out there? Are there any great chocolate desserts?

Are you chocoholic? I am. :-D

Our next cruise ship less than in three months but on oasis of the seas. I do wonder what kind of desserts they have as well. Never been on Norwegian so can't suggest. But I do want to create a post where ppl would suggest the best cruise for chocoholics! :))

Have a sweet cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The lava cake that I got on chocolate dessert night had no gooey lava inside, so I was disappointed with it.

My favorite NCL desserts are the panna cotta at La Cucina and the apple crisp at Cagney's (prefer desserts that are not too sweet).

Are you chocoholic? I am. :-D

Our next cruise ship less than in three months but on oasis of the seas. I do wonder what kind of desserts they have as well. Never been on Norwegian so can't suggest. But I do want to create a post where ppl would suggest the best cruise for chocoholics! :))

Have a sweet cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I am a chocoholic but I am open to other forms of decadent sweets. I want to thank everyone for their posts. They all sound wonderful. Keep them coming.

As far as the best cruise for chocoholics, Palo [one of the specialty restaurants on DCL] has an excellent chocolate soufflé that should never be missed. I had two of them on our last DCL cruise.

You sound like my husband and I with a dessetitizer' date=' which for us is a crepe too. Do you know if they have a crepe station on the Getaway? We are going in October. Thanks.[/quote']

I believe so. Enjoy!

When we were on the Pearl in April, the CLC was our favorite dessert (and on a 16 day cruise, we must have eaten it 13 out of 16 nights). They started off moist, but not gooey. One night, the pastry chef got it just right, and the middle flowed like, well like lava. When we commented on this to our assistant maitre d', he told us that they can change the setting/timing on the microwave to heat up the middle to the right consistency. Ask your maitre d' for the right timing for your ship, and you will always have the goo (that sounds gross)...

Come to think of it, the hazelnut cake on the Chocolate Night was even better than the CLC (this was probably the one night that I didn't order the CLC).

You can also order the ice cream (straciatella) as your only dessert, if you feel like you need a slightly lighter dessert option.

The lava cake that I got on chocolate dessert night had no gooey lava inside, so I was disappointed with it.

My favorite NCL desserts are the panna cotta at La Cucina and the apple crisp at Cagney's (prefer desserts that are not too sweet).