Hot Tub on Balcony?

frawnsay

My limited experience with these "hot tubs" is that they aren't really hot tubs per se; they are more like bathtubs with jets. You fill them up with hot water, but there is no mechanism to maintain the water temp as there is with a true hot tub, so the water starts cooling off immediately.

• 9 months later...

We added bubbles to our hot tub on the balcony. It wasn't an intense bubble solution--it was one of those kid-friendly 3-in-1 soap, shampoo, and bubbles type. No overflow. The next time we used the hot tub (after having used bubbles), we noticed a few bubbles, but nothing obnoxious. Any hot tub use there after were bubble free 😊

Our experience with the verandah tubs has been just ok (in the Signature, Royal and Penthouse suites we have travelled). The units are far away from the hot water "tanks" so the hot water takes a while to get there and, as someone else pointed out the water cools rather quickly (think tasting hot soup - you blow on it (like the breeze on the balcony) and it cools down. I love the outdoor showers, though. Fun to be lathering up as the sea sails by!

What happens when you add bubbles??? Other than obviously bubbling all over.😮

We were in a C2 hump (1120) on the Silhouette, next door to a Royal Suite. On the last day of the cruise I was sitting on my balcony reading and enjoying the view. Started to notice foam flying by and filling my balcony. Someone in the RS next door had added something to their hot tub creating massive amounts of bubbles/foam. It was everywhere. To make matters worse, they had their "do not disturb" sign out and none of the staff wanted to "disturb" them. It took my escalating the problem up several levels before anyone would dare knock on their door. Turns out no one was home. Took quite a bit of time for them to clean the hot tub and several cabin balconies downwind. Mine was a mess.