Confused about osheehans

Cafedumonde

There is a charge for some deserts such as ice cream sundaes but the food menu and certain deserts are free

As an FYI they do NOT allow to go orders anymore.

No one is going to stop you from getting up and taking your food with you.

On rib night we were told we could only have the ribs if we came in and sat in the restaurant, we couldn't order them from the bar area. We found a roaming waiter tipped him a couple bucks, and Taa Daa, ribs.

No one is going to stop you from getting up and taking your food with you.

On rib night we were told we could only have the ribs if we came in and sat in the restaurant, we couldn't order them from the bar area. We found a roaming waiter tipped him a couple bucks, and Taa Daa, ribs.

That is still not the same thing as getting a plate wrapped and to go so why would you compare the 2?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's probably not best to generalize about take-out orders.

I think it depends who you ask & how you ask.

On the Breakaway in October I asked for a plate of chicken fingers & fries to-go & the wait staff couldn't have been nicer. They wrapped the plate for me to keep everything hot & away I went to my balcony.

On a different day I was given burgers & wings to go.

My sister was on the Breakaway a couple weeks ago & was able to get a plate of wings & some hot dogs to-go one day too.

I know many on CC have asked & been told no too.

For me, I figured asking didn't hurt & if they said no -then so be it.

It's probably not best to generalize about take-out orders.

I think it depends who you ask & how you ask.

On the Breakaway in October I asked for a plate of chicken fingers & fries to-go & the wait staff couldn't have been nicer. They wrapped the plate for me to keep everything hot & away I went to my balcony.

On a different day I was given burgers & wings to go.

My sister was on the Breakaway a couple weeks ago & was able to get a plate of wings & some hot dogs to-go one day too.

I know many on CC have asked & been told no too.

For me, I figured asking didn't hurt & if they said no -then so be it.

Agree. On my December cruise I saw a couple passengers getting to go orders.

Suffice to say, NCL policies has - not - been passenger friendly nor responsive as good listener, unless it agree with their corporate mission ... to make money, the more the better. We do feel bad for most of the crews, often caught in the crossfires ... not for much, for the senior management.

Did not see BBQ Ribs (nor lamb ... only available in MDR and/or specialty) on the Breakaway this May, unlike previous sailings, for whatever reasons.

Four of us sat there one afternoon and someone behind us asked for take-out and was told "no" - that it can only be consumed there. The guest just turn around & left, probably headed upstairs to the buffet.

The policy caused an uproar last year - am I mistakenly believing that it was reversed and allowed afterward; and, now - prohibited again and banned per NCL policy.

As noted above, with the takeout police not watching & guarding the entrance/exit ... easy enough to take a walk outside.

Nothing a few ziplock bags can't fix. ;)

Edited by mking8288

Does anyone have the menu from the dawn they can post?

Was posted by another Dawn pax (megansdad - just several posts further down) very recently, pretty much same items fleetwide - see this link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50413706&postcount=49

This was taken on the BA, same as those used on the Dawn & other ships - might find it easier to scroll & zoom

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50071378&postcount=35

Just a quick question within the thread here. I thought they were changing the name of this restaurant/pub? I'm not a huge fan of the name.

Only thing I know of are the sarcastic posts on CC regarding the new management vs Kevin, nothing official.

The food won't taste any different though.. ;)

You're welcome :) Btw Recent dry docks all got the O'sheehans name for the Irish pub venue for a fleet wide identity, probably will be that way for a few years.

Just you wait - when FDR reaches his pinnacle of gutting customer service

restaurants will be renamed "FDR walks the plank" to shouts and cheers

another round of drinks - very appro for senior management dragging

anchor and trashing formerly fine "FREE-Style" cruising !