Eurodam Kotor Tender

gmh300968

I am interested in any experiences other members may have had in using tenders on the Eurodam in Kotor. Respectfully, I am not interested in peoples experiences in other ports, nor on other ships, as I have read plenty of other posts covering those. Nor am I interested in the experiences of those who were using ship's tours or priority passengers. I am also familiar with the process for tender tickets. I am after details of how buys/not busy it was, and how long it took to get a ticket and to get ashore at that port, on that ship. Many thanks.

Edited by gmh300968

Size of ship, number of tender vessels, distance from quay that ship anchors, capability of crew, Unknown factors.

I have read dozens of threads discussing tendering and the experience vary depending on those factors. I specified my criteria rather specifically to discourage posts which brought nothing new to the table.

BTW I think your question mark key is stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll be waiting to see the responses you get with interest as I'm also looking to take a private tour in Kotor off the Eurodam and have some concerns about the turn around time given the very short stop over

Our stop in Kotor on the Nieuw Amsterdam:

Nothing remarkable about tendering, just like any other. Always a little slow at first when everyone wants to get off. Ship always has the same number of its own tenders, tender crews are competent. Weather (unpredictable, might be a factor), but Kotor is well up in a fjord and usually protected)

Bottom line: don't lose any sleep over it!

Don't automatically assume you will be tendering in Kotor. We were on Eurodam last week and the ship was supposed to tender but we were moored up at the quay. It is extremely tight but the ship made it ok. A RCCL ship was tendering.

Thanks gmh - it looks like Eurodam is alone in port on 6 Sept when I'm there too so we'll see what happens. I'll post on here at the end of the day as it looks like it should be a good indication for what will happen for you in Oct

Hi I've been to Kotor twice with HAL, once on Nieuw Amsterdam and once on Ryandam, NA tendered and Ryandam docked.

The tendering process seemed to run smoothly no long queues for either tickets or tenders and the actual tender journey was fairly short compared to other ports I have tendered in.

• 1 month later...
Thanks gmh - it looks like Eurodam is alone in port on 6 Sept when I'm there too so we'll see what happens. I'll post on here at the end of the day as it looks like it should be a good indication for what will happen for you in Oct

Ang. Hope you are enjoying your cruise. Did the Eurodam end up using a tender or berthing in Kotor? Cheers.

Ang293, I used ports.cruiisett.com. It tells you which other ships are in port on a given date and then total passenger numbers you will be sharing the port with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is weird...I don't see any HAL ships at that port link. When I choose Juneau, for example. I wonder why?

Edited by Tinknock50

I was on the Eurodam this summer and we docked in Kotor. We didn't have to tender, which was great since we were only in port 8am to 11am. Make sure you do the hike. It's worth the trek!

Here's a picture of us docked.

1d7a7ee4c832f9724fe10ffa81a40ab1.jpg

359ca44cb330e8839f07b6c97aefee5d.jpg

Hike:

96314389061ec3cf15797f72b04c9e9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SLOTheta

We docked in Kotor on the Eurodam in June. It is a block long walk from the ship to the walled old city. It was the most beautiful port and really the most convenient because of the proximity to everything.

We have many similar pictures from climbing the fortress. My suggestion is to go first thing if the weather will get warm so you can walk in the shade.

We enjoyed the local beer and mussels

I was on the Carnival Vista inaugural sailing on 5/1. We were originally scheduled for a stop in Turkey but they cancelled it and added Kotor.

Eurodam was docked there. In fact, they used Eurodam tenders for Vista (plus the usual port tenders; we were way out there and it was a fairly long ride). Carnival doesn't use the lifeboats as tenders, ever. On the day we were there, I believe she was still in port when we sailed, so it was a full-day stop.

Anyway, certainly doesn't answer the OP's very specific questions, but just another person who knows that Eurodam does dock in Kotor, at least some of the time.

I was on the Carnival Vista inaugural sailing on 5/1. We were originally scheduled for a stop in Turkey but they cancelled it and added Kotor.

Eurodam was docked there. In fact, they used Eurodam tenders for Vista (plus the usual port tenders; we were way out there and it was a fairly long ride). Carnival doesn't use the lifeboats as tenders, ever. On the day we were there, I believe she was still in port when we sailed, so it was a full-day stop.

Anyway, certainly doesn't answer the OP's very specific questions, but just another person who knows that Eurodam does dock in Kotor, at least some of the time.

We were on the Eurodam that day and were supposed to tender. It was a tight squeeze so if there are winds they may tender instead of docking. There was also a small Ponant ship docked next to us for a while.

If you look in the photos of the Eurodam in Kotor in the posts above, imagine as far as the water goes to the top of the photo that's where Vista was tendering from. It was a long tender trip. Some of the Eurodam tenders went out to help because it was so far but most of the tenders were local boats from the port and not the Vista tenders.

• 2 weeks later...