Ports and blue water beaches

twinklen01

Hello. Looking to take a cruise. My teen daughter wants to go to Half Moon Cay. She saw pictures and loved how pretty it is. We have March 11-26 that we can cruise. I don't see Half Moon Cay, is there any other nice ports to visit and nice beaches with blue beautiful water like HMC?? Thanks

There are many beautiful beaches in the Bahamas and Caribbean.

You might try an itinerary with Grand Turk or maybe St. Thomas if HMC isn't available during your time period.

We prefer the eastern and southern Caribbean for the beaches, as we also love the beautiful blue water.

Hope you find an itinerary that works for you and have a great time!

Half Moon Cay is in the Bahamas. March is a little early to visit as the water temperature is not all that warm.

Suggest you look for itineraries farther south for warmer weather and water, easily done on 7 day itineraries.

Eastern Carib including St Thomas, St Marten or Western Carib including Roatan, Cozumel.

Carnival visits Half Moon Cay six times in March on 5 day itineraries. Carnival Sensation, Ecstasy and Elation are the ships. (March 13, March 27) Embarkation ports vary, Charleston, Jacksonville, Miami.

Other visits to Half Moon Cay during March will likely be primarily by Holland America.

There are many beautiful beaches in the Bahamas and Caribbean.

You might try an itinerary with Grand Turk or maybe St. Thomas if HMC isn't available during your time period.

We prefer the eastern and southern Caribbean for the beaches, as we also love the beautiful blue water.

Hope you find an itinerary that works for you and have a great time!

Thank you. Any beaches you recommend so I can do some research. Thanks

Half Moon Cay is in the Bahamas. March is a little early to visit as the water temperature is not all that warm.

Suggest you look for itineraries farther south for warmer weather and water, easily done on 7 day itineraries.

Eastern Carib including St Thomas, St Marten or Western Carib including Roatan, Cozumel.

Carnival visits Half Moon Cay six times in March on 5 day itineraries. Carnival Sensation, Ecstasy and Elation are the ships. (March 13, March 27) Embarkation ports vary, Charleston, Jacksonville, Miami.

Other visits to Half Moon Cay during March will likely be primarily by Holland America.

We really want to do a 7 day cruise on carnival. Any names of beaches you can recommend that are close to port or close by?

Seven mile beach on grand Cayman

We also got blue water at mr. Sanchos or any beach in Cozumel

Beautiful beaches in st. Thomas, San Juan Puerto Rico and even Barbados. I can't remember the names of those beaches though but all of them were in carnival cruises. We had a mix of sandy water in g.c., probably due to recent storms. It was still pretty though.

Grand Cayman and Cozumel were easy cab rides away from the port.

:

Western Caribbean ports all have blue water beaches. My first time to Grand cayman I thought that they put dye in the water.

:D, had to smile on this one. How much dye would they have to use to get the water so blue.

Thank you. Any beaches you recommend so I can do some research. Thanks

We really want to do a 7 day cruise on carnival. Any names of beaches you can recommend that are close to port or close by?

At Grand Turk the ship docks right at the beach, and it is gorgeous!

In St. Thomas you can get a cab to several beaches, our first pick is almost always Coki Beach. Magens Bay and Sapphire Beach are also very nice.

The eastern and southern routes you will find the water much warmer during March. We are from Florida and find the water a little cool in the Bahamas in March - doesn't stop us from getting in!

First of all, all the photos on cruise websites will make all the beaches look fabulous! But you will find most beaches in the Bahamas and Caribbean to be similar to each other, though in some, such as Nassau, the water will be (to keep sailor_jimc happy, I will say "appear" to be) a bright turquoise, while in St. Thomas or St. John, perhaps a more intense, deeper blue. Then again, the water color at any beach will vary based on depth. And keep in mind, the water will not appear brilliant blue on an overcast or rainy day, and "seaweed happens!" So do jellyfish, btw! I have found Key West and the Bahamas to have the most beautiful water, though the beaches themselves are not necessarily broad expanses of white sand. You will not find Caribbean or Bahamian waters to be brown and murky like the Atlantic under any circumstances, though water clarity may be affected a little by storms at sea.

We have sailed in early March. The water temp is usually in the low 80's, which may seem a tad cool when entering, but easy to adjust to. It will be a little warmer in late March. Our experience was that the water in the southern Caribbean wasn't worth the long trip to get there (unless you are fond of sea days) compared to the Bahamas or Eastern or Western Caribbean. It is easy to confirm the very good opinions you have received here by simply Googling "best Caribbean beaches." You will find most of the ones referred to here on most travel websites.

Edited by SeagoingMom

Thank you all for being so helpful! I've been looking up some of the beaches that were mentioned. I looked up some youtube videos. I don't think I can wait until next year-lol! I was planning on cruising in March but we could also travel in July . My husband doesn't get as

much vacation As I do so we will have to decide March or summer June or July.

1. In the past I've read about jelly fish and sand fleas . Will these be a problem in March and summer?

2. Which month will be less crowded March or summer?

3. March less hot and humid over summer?

If airfare wasn't so expensive from west coast I would cruise more often :) My daughter (only child )graduates high school next year so this will be a special family trip :)

I was in half moon cay in July last year and grand Cayman March of this year. Weather was about the same. I do not remember and sand fleas at either place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by angiem0217

The Ecstasy sails to half moon cay in March from Charlestown and the elation sails there in March from Jacksonville. They are only 5 day cruises. If I were flying to the port I would choose at least a 7 day on one of the newer ships like magic, breeze or vista. I would do one of the southern Caribbean to the Virgin islands and grand Turk. That is just my opinion.

Edited by angiem0217

Hello. Looking to take a cruise. My teen daughter wants to go to Half Moon Cay. She saw pictures and loved how pretty it is. We have March 11-26 that we can cruise. I don't see Half Moon Cay, is there any other nice ports to visit and nice beaches with blue beautiful water like HMC?? Thanks

Holland America has several itineraries stopping at HMC during the period you mentioned. Apparently Carnival does not call at HMC in March 2017.

You might check out Grand Turk. It has some nice beaches. One right beside the pier.

The Ecstasy sails to half moon cay in March from Charlestown and the elation sails there in March from Jacksonville. They are only 5 day cruises. If I were flying to the port I would choose at least a 7 day on one of the newer ships like magic, breeze or vista. I would do one of the southern Caribbean to the Virgin islands and grand Turk. That is just my opinion.

A 5 day or less is a little tease! I would only do one if it was an awesome deal. usually for a lil more $$ its better deal for 7 day. Our 1st cruise was a 4 day to test it out. Even my 10 year old was sad having to get off the ship! 2nd cruise was 7 day and it wasn't enough, we wanted more-lol!

Holland America has several itineraries stopping at HMC during the period you mentioned. Apparently Carnival does not call at HMC in March 2017.

You might check out Grand Turk. It has some nice beaches. One right beside the pier.

I happened to find a youtube video of the one your talking about. Looks nice.