Port Canaveral ---> MCO for 12:30 pm flight?

QTPieRye

Wondering how long it takes to travel between MCO and Port Canaveral... looking at a 12:30 p.m. (Saturday) return flight after cruise. Thanks.

If no traffric issues, usually around 45 minutes.

I've flown out of MCO several times. One time, I did miss a flight, I wanted, in your time frame. Hit traffic, then massive "human" traffic :) with TSA and over an hour wait- with Precheck. I felt like I was at a concert there were so many people. :)

I've flown out of MCO several times. One time, I did miss a flight, I wanted, in your time frame. Hit traffic, then massive "human" traffic :) with TSA and over an hour wait- with Precheck. I felt like I was at a concert there were so many people. :)

Getting through TSA with all the Mouseketeers and other vacationers. I've changed our group plans to not book any flight prior to 1:30 and we will be using a private shuttle from pier to MCO. Don't need to have more stress after enjoying a week at sea. :D

Thanks everyone! The Southwest sale was too good to miss... so I went ahead and booked the 12:30 p.m. Southwest Flight and paid for automatic Early Bird Check-In. I also booked Cortrans shuttle for a 9:00 a.m. pick up at Port Canaveral :)

Thanks everyone! The Southwest sale was too good to miss... so I went ahead and booked the 12:30 p.m. Southwest Flight and paid for automatic Early Bird Check-In. I also booked Cortrans shuttle for a 9:00 a.m. pick up at Port Canaveral :)

That should work fine.

What happens if you do miss the flight?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They contact WN prior to the flight to cancel and get credit, then hope there's a seat available on the next flight and if so, buy a brand new ticket for that flight. If no seat, they hope there's one on the next flight after that, and so on.

Have to wait till August 4 for Southwest to release for our schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I booked ours on the 1st day the schedule was released... seems to be when their wanna get away fare is the lowest and available! $99.00 from MCO to LAX is a steal!

So you spend the whole week getting relaxed and laid back.... Then you stress out the last day because of possible ship delays/immigration delays/shuttle delays/traffic delays/TSA delays.....

Nope. Not for me. Not to save 30 to 50 bucks a person. Book a later flight, chill out and enjoy the Florida weather one last day. :D

Edited by FredT

Did you buy a RT at once or a one way, just wondering if we buy a one way when we have the money for it and add the back end at another time

I've found that booking one way (often with different airlines) is the most cost efficient..... for this cruise we are flying in on Delta Airlines for $139 pp + baggage cost and flying back SW for $99.00 with no baggage costs.... that makes roundtrip from LAX to MCO $238 per person plus $25.00 per checked bag :)

So you spend the whole week getting relaxed and laid back.... Then you stress out the last day because of possible ship delays/immigration delays/shuttle delays/traffic delays/TSA delays.....

Nope. Not for me. Not to save 30 to 50 bucks a person. Book a later flight, chill out and enjoy the Florida weather one last day. :D

I would have loved to stay in Florida one last day..... but this flight doesn't stress me out at all, especially since this is just me and my hubby travelling :) Originally we had planned to stay until Sunday; however, our work schedules require us to return Saturday :(

The only time I've been stressed after a cruise was when 13 family members disembarked from Miami with an 11:30 a.m. flight out of Fort Lauderdale. Arrived at the airport at 8:45 a.m. only to discover that one of our bags was left at the Miami cruiseport! Caught a taxi from FLL back to POM, located back in lost and found and still made it back to FLL by 10:30! Needed a drink when I got onto that plane :D

We flew out around the 12:30p in April and also had Cortrans pick us up at 8:00-8:30 time frame. So your 9:00 should be fine as we were at MCO in plenty of time for the flight. I didn't know about the early bird check in as we just checked in 24 hours before the flight on SW. Happy cruising!

With priority debarkation, a 12:30 p.m. flight, automatic Early Bird / Priority Check-in, and $99.00 one-way ticket on Southwest....I feel pretty good about this crapshoot :)

OH, and we always do the early "walk off" debarkation (by 7:30a)....my husband insists that we have only carry on luggage when we fly, even when we fly on Southwest. The airlines have lost our luggage too many times for us to take our chances.

So what's your thoughts on booking on the way down when you've got the money and adding on the way back at another time or using the Fly2Fun for the return leg if you book at a later time on the way back won't it be more expensive

So what's your thoughts on booking on the way down when you've got the money and adding on the way back at another time or using the Fly2Fun for the return leg if you book at a later time on the way back won't it be more expensive

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe under the old CCL FlyAweigh program, you had to book air travel round trip... that may have changed with the new launch of the Fly2Fun program. You should definitely check into that!

This past January, we used CCL FlyAweigh for the first time from LAX to San Juan, PR because there weren't any direct flights to SJU from LAX and we didn't want to take any chances of bad weather and not making the ship..... pricing was actually very good through CCL. I believe we paid $346 R/T.

I tried booking with Carnival but they couldn't book Premium Economy and asked about Southwest and they didn't know anybody able to book premium economy online they said you can book economy to FC

I tried booking with Carnival but they couldn't book Premium Economy and asked about Southwest and they didn't know anybody able to book premium economy online they said you can book economy to FC.
Domestically, there is no "Premium Economy". There are coach sections that have greater legroom - Comfort+, Economy+ and Main Cabin Extra, but they are most assuredly not "Premium Economy", which is a term of art in the airline industry and has a specific meaning.

Well we wanted to book Deltas Comfort plus

Just so you know that C+ and PE are two VASTLY different products. And it's something to know when making purchasing decisions where you might be choosing between the two and thinking they are alike. Words matter in this industry, just like "non-stop" and "direct" don't mean the same thing.