Koningsdam cruises cancelled

freestyling

I have contacted a car service in Livorno which will get me to Civitavecchia on 2 October 2017 to pick up the Westy for Eastern Med and Transatlantic. Waiting to hear from my TA if HAL will allow me to jump ship.

I have contacted a car service in Livorno which will get me to Civitavecchia on 2 October 2017 to pick up the Westy for Eastern Med and Transatlantic. Waiting to hear from my TA if HAL will allow me to jump ship.

Hi-can you share name and info of car service as i will be needing one as well after our precruise in florence to get to civi. too bad dates are not the same or we could have shared transport. looks like i will need it the morning of the oct 16 for the first leg of our trip on the Jewel.

What cruise do u want to jump ship from? We did it from a ship in Le Havre France to continue onto to Paris. Many on that cruise did the same. Make sure you get it in writing or that your TA does.:)

thanks

Hi-can you share name and info of car service as i will be needing one as well after our precruise in florence to get to civi. too bad dates are not the same or we could have shared transport. looks like i will need it the morning of the oct 16 for the first leg of our trip on the Jewel.

What cruise do u want to jump ship from? We did it from a ship in Le Havre France to continue onto to Paris. Many on that cruise did the same. Make sure you get it in writing or that your TA does.:)

thanks

So far I have heard from a service recommended on Viator, livornotoflorence.com. I will be leaving the Koningsdam and picking up the Westerdam. It is pricy, I would have liked to share!

Add Europeans choosing other holiday areas as well. Other cruise lines (Aida, TUI, other could have as well) have redeployed ships already this season from the Eastern Mediterranean. Aida has begun to book two and four day cruises from Kiel to stimulate their market.

I believe that could be the reason of redeploying the Koningsdam. For example, this year's 12-Night Greek and Turkish Treasures is barely 25% booked. .

Well, I will dispute this one. No one knows how booked a cruise is unless you are a TA with connections. All we can see is how many cabins are booked but there is no way of knowing how many GUARANTEES are on this cruise. They don't show and can account for a lot.

Case in point - Prinsendam cruise that looked like there were at least 140 cabins available. Before final payment it was sold out. There were a LOT of guarantees on this sailing ;)

I agree w/Kazu on this as well. I'm surprised at how many times I read that the load rate of a specific cruise is low. No way anyone other than someone with inside data like a T/A or HAL employee of some sort would know load rates / occupancy.

Well, I will dispute this one. No one knows how booked a cruise is unless you are a TA with connections. All we can see is how many cabins are booked but there is no way of knowing how many GUARANTEES are on this cruise. They don't show and can account for a lot.

Case in point - Prinsendam cruise that looked like there were at least 140 cabins available. Before final payment it was sold out. There were a LOT of guarantees on this sailing ;)

I respect your dispute and don't wish to get on anyone's bad side. There are other sources of data besides those you mentioned that can be used to make the determination. However, until the cruise sails it can always change.

It will be interesting if Explore 4 can generate additional interest for this particular cruise. That said, this particular area is currently a troubled market for the vacation industry, countries involved, and vacationers alike.

So far I have heard from a service recommended on Viator, livornotoflorence.com. I will be leaving the Koningsdam and picking up the Westerdam. It is pricy, I would have liked to share!

Thanks, yes I emailed them and they responded promptly. agreed it is pricey:rolleyes:

Did you get approval to jump ship?

Thanks, yes I emailed them and they responded promptly. agreed it is pricey:rolleyes:

Did you get approval to jump ship?

My TA was informed by HAL that they would let her know Tuesday. It is my understanding that Italian port authorities in Livorno must be involved in the decision. Good luck with that, especially in today's anxious international atmosphere.

On the 19th of January we booked the 27 day "Mediterranean Treasures & Passage to Americas" ms Koningsdam cruise leaving Civitavecchia on the 12 October arriving in Fort Lauderdale on November 8th. Thanks to the original posters and subsequent posters I know my cruise has been cancelled. I have yet to receive any notification from Holland America. My long time travel agent called Holland America two days and was told the Koningsdam has been "redepolyed" and they could tell him nothing more.

I find it very interesting that some of the posters have received E-mail correspondence from Holland America while we have not. My wife and I are trying to decide if should we do the 25 day ms Westerdam cruise on the 14th of October from Rome to Fort Lauderdale or the Royal Princess on the 11th of October from Rome to Fort Lauderdale. Right now, I am leaning towards the Royal Princess since I like it's itinerary a little bit more. I have never had Princess cancel any of the 22 cruises we have booked. The Koningsdam was our 5th booked Holland American cruise.

It really make me wonder if Holland American does not care for my business. We have a cruise on the ms Noordam departing Vancouver, BC for Sydney, Australia on the 25th of September. That is, if they do not cancel it out from under us. I am thankful, that at least it Koningsdam cruise was cancelled before I bought our airline tickets from Seattle to Rome.

As a reader of this forum for many years, I now know what if feels like to have a booked cruise cancelled out from under you for a charter or in this case who knows what reason. It is certainly Holland America's right to cancel cruises or "redeploy" cruise ships just as it is my right to choose who I give my cruise business to. I just do not understand how they can be this sloppy running their business. I am beginning to think it may be much better to do one cruise a year on Oceania than two cruises on Holland American.

Dave_P

On the 19th of January we booked the 27 day "Mediterranean Treasures & Passage to Americas" ms Koningsdam cruise leaving Civitavecchia on the 12 October arriving in Fort Lauderdale on November 8th. Thanks to the original posters and subsequent posters I know my cruise has been cancelled. I have yet to receive any notification from Holland America. My long time travel agent called Holland America two days and was told the Koningsdam has been "redepolyed" and they could tell him nothing more.

I find it very interesting that some of the posters have received E-mail correspondence from Holland America while we have not. My wife and I are trying to decide if should we do the 25 day ms Westerdam cruise on the 14th of October from Rome to Fort Lauderdale or the Royal Princess on the 11th of October from Rome to Fort Lauderdale. Right now, I am leaning towards the Royal Princess since I like it's itinerary a little bit more. I have never had Princess cancel any of the 22 cruises we have booked. The Koningsdam was our 5th booked Holland American cruise.

It really make me wonder if Holland American does not care for my business. We have a cruise on the ms Noordam departing Vancouver, BC for Sydney, Australia on the 25th of September. That is, if they do not cancel it out from under us. I am thankful, that at least it Koningsdam cruise was cancelled before I bought our airline tickets from Seattle to Rome.

As a reader of this forum for many years, I now know what if feels like to have a booked cruise cancelled out from under you for a charter or in this case who knows what reason. It is certainly Holland America's right to cancel cruises or "redeploy" cruise ships just as it is my right to choose who I give my cruise business to. I just do not understand how they can be this sloppy running their business. I am beginning to think it may be much better to do one cruise a year on Oceania than two cruises on Holland American.

Dave_P

Honestly this sounds like an issue with your TA, not HAL.

Dave_P - I would have to agree with sppunk. Our friends also had to contact their TA and they were told that they would have to wait till Monday as HAL hadn't released any info. We know this is incorrect. The new itineraries are now displayed on the HAL website. Hard to believe HAL isn't going to offer you or TA some OBC for disrupted travel.

Edited by freestyling

Honestly this sounds like an issue with your TA, not HAL.

Dave_P - I would have to agree with sppunk. Our friends also had to contact their TA and they were told that they would have to wait till Monday as HAL hadn't released any info. We know this is incorrect. The new itineraries are now displayed on the HAL website. Hard to believe HAL isn't going to offer you or TA some OBC for disrupted travel.

I can only agree with these comments. I think you need to talk to your TA again.

Yes, the cancellation of a few cruises does not seem of global importance. However, for those of us who can only afford to cruise every other year or so, who spend weeks/months putting together an itinerary that gives us the most bang for our carefully spent dollars, and book well in advance to obtain the lowest prices, the cancellations loom large indeed. Likewise, for those whose personal or work obligations limit their cruise timeframe to specific dates, the elimination of 5 weeks of sailings presents a challenge.

Thanks to my tireless TA, I finally have permission to disembark the Koningsdam one day early in Livorno on 2 Oct 2017. So I will hire a limo and race to Civitavecchia to board the Westerdam the same afternoon, staying with her all the way to Ft. Lauderdale on 8 Nov. Whew!!

I am unsure if the TA only has been cancelled or other cruises for the Koningsdam as well.

I need to make sure that the Future Cruise Listing is accurate and people don't always remember to post when their cruise is cancelled.

If you are on the Future Cruise Listing for a Bon voyage and have had your cruise cancelled, please post on the "Holland America Board's Future Cruise Listing updated..." And let me know.

Or if someone knows which ones are cancelled for sure and can let me know, it would be a huge help.

Thank you.

I am unsure if the TA only has been cancelled or other cruises for the Koningsdam as well.

I need to make sure that the Future Cruise Listing is accurate and people don't always remember to post when their cruise is cancelled.

If you are on the Future Cruise Listing for a Bon voyage and have had your cruise cancelled, please post on the "Holland America Board's Future Cruise Listing updated..." And let me know.

Or if someone knows which ones are cancelled for sure and can let me know, it would be a huge help.

Thank you.

Jacqui: Every original Koningsdam sailing after the 17 September 2017 Iberian was cancelled. The 13 day 29 Sept Med sailing was eliminated completely, and the 12 Oct TA moved up to 4 October. This is probably as clear as mud because the original 66 days between 3 Sept and 8 Nov could be booked a dozen different ways. Hope it helps somewhat. Imagine a poor, usually ill informed, HAL booking agent trying to decipher this for an irate client!

I did post to the Future Cruise thread as soon as I received confirmation from HAL as to new schedule.

Thanks to my tireless TA, I finally have permission to disembark the Koningsdam one day early in Livorno on 2 Oct 2017. So I will hire a limo and race to Civitavecchia to board the Westerdam the same afternoon, staying with her all the way to Ft. Lauderdale on 8 Nov. Whew!!

Glad it all worked out for you :) See you over on the Westy roll call then!

Jacqui: Every original Koningsdam sailing after the 17 September 2017 Iberian was cancelled. The 13 day 29 Sept Med sailing was eliminated completely, and the 12 Oct TA moved up to 4 October. This is probably as clear as mud because the original 66 days between 3 Sept and 8 Nov could be booked a dozen different ways. Hope it helps somewhat. Imagine a poor, usually ill informed, HAL booking agent trying to decipher this for an irate client!

I did post to the Future Cruise thread as soon as I received confirmation from HAL as to new schedule.

Thanks Lonny. I knew you would post ;). And I really appreciate it.

The clarification really helps and I thank you for helping me :)

Edited by kazu