Koningsdam cruises cancelled

freestyling

Just received word that the 26 day Amsterdam to Rome is now 30 days (1st leg of my B2B ) and the cruises in Med have been cancelled. The Koningsdam will be redeployed to Ft Lauderdale instead. Disappointing indeed. No other HAL ships will be deploying from Rome and continuing to Med until 8 days after we arrive.

Received word from whom? This sounds rather unlikely, but I guess anything is possible.

Edited to add that the HAL website is still offering the 26 day cruise, and the Med cruises.

Edited by Fouremco

Received word from whom? This sounds rather unlikely, but I guess anything is possible.

Edited to add that the HAL website is still offering the 26 day cruise, and the Med cruises.

My PCC contacted me and I received 3 emails from HAL. They extended the 26 day 10/3 cruise from Amsterdam to Rome to 30 days. No additional charges (except port charges) if already booked.

For the canceled cruises they will provide refund OR OBC if you book another European cruise in 2016 or 2017.

They "may" offer the OBC for the moved up Transatlantic Koningsdam depature but waiting to hear back on that.

Unfortunatly there are no other Europen HAL cruises out of Rome until 7 days after we arrive which is now Oct.4th. :(

Edited by freestyling

Yikes! All segments of my fall 2017 Koningsdam B2B2B have been removed from the web site. However, I have received no official word, and my bookings still show up on my account.

Mine still show up as well but are named differently and when you try to go into them it sends you to a "search cruise" page.

PCC said things should be updated in the next 24-48 hrs

My PCC contacted me and I received 3 emails from HAL. They extended the 26 day 10/3 cruise from Amsterdam to Rome to 30 days. No additional charges (except port charges) if already booked.

For the canceled cruises they will provide refund OR OBC if you book another European cruise in 2016 or 2017.

They "may" offer the OBC for the moved up Transatlantic Koningsdam depature but waiting to hear back on that.

Unfortunatly there are no other Europen HAL cruises out of Rome until 7 days after we arrive which is now Oct.4th. :(

For those who hadn't planned on a b2b and were flying home from Rome right after the cruise, what are HAL's plans?

Also, was any reason given for the changes?

It's to far out to make plane reservations, so this is not an issue. If you used HAL's flight ease then they would adjust accordingly I imagine.

The reason given was it's redeploying early to Ft. Lauderdale. I asked if a charter was planned once it arrived in Ft Lauderdale and was told that "don't know".

Edited by freestyling

It's to far out to make plane reservations, so this is not an issue. If you used HAL's flight ease then they would adjust accordingly I imagine.

The reason given was it's redeploying early to Ft. Lauderdale. I asked if a charter was planned once it arrived in Ft Lauderdale and was told that "don't know".

:o Just realized that you must be talking about 2017, though you never mentioned it in your OP. I have signatures blocked and hadn't seen your future cruises.

So the OP just tried to kill me...I just got my credit card statement for our business/first class seats to Rome and back.

So very glad it is for the 2017 cruises! Hopefully no one needs to work out changes to their airfare if they used miles.

Well now. This is an interesting turn of events. OP, I am so sorry that your plans are so disrupted. I'm sure you are quite frustrated and disappointed.

We are booked on the 26 day segment and have not received any information regarding this change. Our reservation has been renamed simply Europe Cruise on our reservation on the HAL site but the itinerary hasn't changed.

We booked through a TA so would I expect the information to be filtered through her and not directly from HAL?

We were planning to debark and fly home post cruise. If the transatlantic is scheduled directly after, this might be a nicer option than flying, depending on cost. We are anxiously awaiting some news and will update as soon as we are notified.

Sorry for your disappointment. This is not good when their newewst ship has SUCH disappoinments inaugral year What are they thinking? Tis is not good when tying to getcuisers to consider booking g the K 'dam.

Edited by sail7seas

Do you think it may have to do with North Americans not wanting to fly to Europe and visit because of perceived terrorist threats? Maybe HAL thinks they can fill the ship quicker by keeping it closer to where their customer base is.

Roz