When to book June NCL cruise?

mrsslp

Hi everyone!

The DH and I are looking at vacations for next year and I got him to agree to another cruise :)

Our issue is timing. I will be starting my first 'big girl job' post-grad school as a speech language pathologist in the school system this school year. I am extremely excited to start! The only downside is now we can only cruise during school holidays - and really only the summer because my DH works at a big resort here in FL and can't go away during their busy season (Dec-April). This takes away some of the excellent deals we or my parents have gotten in the past (such as our low cost January cruise on the Sun). My last day of work will be June 1st, 2017. I go back to work in early August. So I am limited to June and July. My DH needs to give his work advanced notice to take his paid vacation week.

So my question to you amazing people is... When do we book to get the best deal? I was looking at an early June cruise that is $800 pp with the UBP for Free at Sea. Is that the best we are going to get? Should we book now to ensure that we get Free at Sea? The UBP is non negotiable - my DH will only go if we get it. My DH and I are not big drinkers in our normal lives but love to on vacation - we are only 23...

Oh and we live in Florida and would drive to the port, if that makes a difference. Thank you for your advice!

Edited by mrsslp

It depends on how flexible his schedule is and how early he needs to request off. If you are fine with any week in the summer and are driving to port you may get a better deal by waiting until after final payment, but not necessarily for that week. If you want that week, book now. Lock in your promos and you can still watch for price drops until final payment

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Book now for the week you want. You can always cancel and rebook before final payment if the price drops.

I agree. It's hard to tell if the UBP promo will continue. If you are flexible with cruise lines you could also potential score a great deal but waiting until the very last minute since you can drive to the port.

I'm also not sure if you're asking when to call and book the cruise OR what date to actually travel.

I live in Massachusetts and the Boston to Bermuda price goes up each week in June until all the schools are out. I don't know how if the same pattern would hold true in Florida.

So, I would book early in June as soon as possible, then watch the trend with the UBP. And keep watching the prices.

Lowest prices are the early weeks in June. You didn't mention which ship (I'm guessing Escape) and didn't mention which category (I'm guessing Inside for $800 pp). The Escape is going Eastern Carib on 6/3 for $700 pp and Western Carib on 6/10 for $800 pp. (taxes, promos, etc not included)

My suggestion would be to book now and get what you want. If better prices or promos come along, you can (if time allows without penalty) cancel and rebook.

Thank you all so far for your replies!!

To clarify because this was unclear (sorry!), I'm wondering when to call and book the cruise to maximize savings (now vs closer to the cruise date). As well as being a tad sad about my lack of ability to cruise during off season anymore :( worth it for the new job though!

We have some flexibility with cruise line, but my DH is slightly afraid of Carnival (although my experience with them was excellent - I think he reads too many overly dramatic news articles). A little partial to NCL due to freestyle crusing and the current promotion, but also loved RCCL.

Lowest prices are the early weeks in June. You didn't mention which ship (I'm guessing Escape) and didn't mention which category (I'm guessing Inside for $800 pp). The Escape is going Eastern Carib on 6/3 for $700 pp and Western Carib on 6/10 for $800 pp. (taxes, promos, etc not included)

My suggestion would be to book now and get what you want. If better prices or promos come along, you can (if time allows without penalty) cancel and rebook.

We are currently looking at that Eastern Carib Escape sailing because the Western is similar to a cruis we went on last year. We would most likely do Inside to save money. Thank you!

A great deal depends on your destination travel interests.

It appears that June July and August are your own free time (school vacation).

Summer schedule - Alaska Hawaii Europe Mediterranean and Caribbean are

open with variable pricing.

Alaska Hawaii Europe Mediterranean maybe not so

good since you indicated Florida as your residence and can drive to port.

South America Transatlantic New England Canada won't fit your schedule.

Check with a Travel Agent (TA) for pricing sailing availability (cabin selection)

and suggestions. Yes if booking thru a TA there most likely will be a agency fee

but it is well worth it getting professional advice and watching out for your

interests - i.e. specific destination cabin and pricing promos HIGH SEASON !

When you book either by yourself or TA you are locking in a price cabin and

the current promos. All these change from time to time. At 90 days before

sailing you can not change the price without penalty - Any change immediately

affects the Promos ! The closer to sailing booking a specific cabin you may not

get the dream cabin in a desired location.

You are already getting free advice from CC you can always come back for

more. The more hints of destinations and times are helpful to direct you to

mate you with that destination cabin pricing Promos and what else to look for.

Hi everyone!

The DH and I are looking at vacations for next year and I got him to agree to another cruise :)

Our issue is timing. I will be starting my first 'big girl job' post-grad school as a speech language pathologist in the school system this school year. I am extremely excited to start! The only downside is now we can only cruise during school holidays - and really only the summer because my DH works at a big resort here in FL and can't go away during their busy season (Dec-April). This takes away some of the excellent deals we or my parents have gotten in the past (such as our low cost January cruise on the Sun). My last day of work will be June 1st, 2017. I go back to work in early August. So I am limited to June and July. My DH needs to give his work advanced notice to take his paid vacation week.

So my question to you amazing people is... When do we book to get the best deal? I was looking at an early June cruise that is $800 pp with the UBP for Free at Sea. Is that the best we are going to get? Should we book now to ensure that we get Free at Sea? The UBP is non negotiable - my DH will only go if we get it. My DH and I are not big drinkers in our normal lives but love to on vacation - we are only 23...

Oh and we live in Florida and would drive to the port, if that makes a difference. Thank you for your advice!

Book as soon as you figure out when you want to travel. If the prices drop prior to final payment all you need to do is call and you can get a price adjustment. Additionally no one knows how long the UBP promotion is going to be around. You can be assured that one of two things will happen relatively soon, either prices will go up or the free UBP will go away. If prices drop after final payment it might be possible to get a cabin upgrade, but even if it's not you don't want to wait until 90 days out to book, which means that you are gong to book before final payment anyway.

Edited by zqvol