Children in the Diamond Lounge?

Why is Adventure Ocean listed as an alcohol free zone? If there is something wrong with alcohol, why are we allowing children in the lounges during happy hour.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

By far the best post. Excellent questions. Just for the record the Adventure Ocean Zone is no where I want to be near. :eek:

If Adventure Ocean were one same time as lounge some of these issues could be mitigated.

Still waiting to hear what constitutes an adult conversation.

What has a bridge tour got to do with anything?

Zef said no alcohol on Bridge, just tying it together

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

To me it is about as appropriate having kids in a cocktail hour setting as it would be having me hang out in the kids club and chat it up with the teenagers. Why is it so hard to understand that some venues are not kid friendly, and during the evening cocktail hour this is one of them.

My kids did not want to hang out with a bunch of adults drinking booze anyway, not that we ever let them. If your need to get into the lounge and get your swerve on means bringing your kids so they can hang out there while you drink, it seems a bit selfish to me. My kids would have been bored to tears and had about 100 other places that were kid appropriate that they would rather be.

"I want to hang out in the Diamond Lounge and watch a bunch of old people drink" SAID NO KID EVER.

As an adult I also don't want to sit around and watch a bunch of adults drink, slobber, swear like sailors, using bigotry against kids and most of all the wrinkles. EW!!!!:halo:

Still waiting to hear what constitutes an adult conversation.

That is when you start talking about things that happened twenty or more years ago.

Do you remember eight track players? How about cameras with film? Rotary dial phones? Mr. Ed (there are two Mr. Eds, one was owned by Wilbur and the other was on SNL. Do you remember black & white TV? Or having to get up to change the channels? How many channels did you have? Do you know what a licorice pizza is? Do you know who shot JR? Do you know what a record player is? Can you name all the members of the Rat Pack? Do you know what a floppy disk is? Can you name all the Spice girls. Do you know who John, Paul, George, and Ringo are? Were you at Woodstock? Did you watch Neil Armstrong walk on the moon? Do you remember Captain Kangaroo or Bozo the Clown? Do you remember A, B, C, D, & E tickets, and which one was the best? Do you remember when cruising did not involve ships? Did you ever own a car without seat belts? Do you remember 25¢ gas? Do you remember when you had to double the price of the gas you pumped? Do you remember odd and even days? How about the national 55 MPH speed limit?

That is when you start talking about things that happened twenty or more years ago.

Do you remember eight track players? How about cameras with film? Rotary dial phones? Mr. Ed (there are two Mr. Eds, one was owned by Wilbur and the other was on SNL. Do you remember black & white TV? Or having to get up to change the channels? How many channels did you have? Do you know what a licorice pizza is? Do you know who shot JR? Do you know what a record player is? Can you name all the members of the Rat Pack? Do you know what a floppy disk is? Can you name all the Spice girls. Do you know who John, Paul, George, and Ringo are? Were you at Woodstock? Did you watch Neil Armstrong walk on the moon? Do you remember Captain Kangaroo or Bozo the Clown? Do you remember A, B, C, D, & E tickets, and which one was the best? Do you remember when cruising did not involve ships? Did you ever own a car without seat belts? Do you remember 25¢ gas? Do you remember when you had to double the price of the gas you pumped? Do you remember odd and even days? How about the national 55 MPH speed limit?

Yes it just seems like yesterday.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

In 2004 I found out that the kids club took the kids on a bridge tour on the Navigator. Nonetheless, I have never seen a kid on the bridge either. However, it is still an alcohol free zone.
I dont know if you would call him a kid but there was an 18 yr old on explorer this past june as ships staff. Got to talking with him on bridge tour and this was his first ship assignment. They sure start apprenticeship young.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Sheesh i can remember cameras with film, rotary dial phones, black & white tv, no remote control, having 6 tv stations, record player and floppy disks. Does that make me a teenager or a little older?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

It's a shame that it should have to come to that. It should not be the concierge's job to be a babysitter...to both the unruly children and the ignorant parents...but that is what is having to happen more and more. :(
It isn't fair to the others in the lounge to have kids whose parents won't discipline them. My triplet grandsons do a lot of time out or have their nightly video taken away if they act up.

It isn't fair to the others in the lounge to have kids whose parents won't discipline them. My triplet grandsons do a lot of time out or have their nightly video taken away if they act up.

The parents would probably give you a mouth full of abuse if you told the kids off even though they are not checking the kids themselves.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app