Seattle hotels close to port

Peace2U

I used tripadvisor to find a hotel I was happy with. We ended up booking the Ace Hotel in Belltown, which should be ok for walking to most places. Just read the reviews to make your choice within the budget you have allocated. It's likely you will take a cab to the pier, so choose your hotel based upon whatever is important to you.

First, there are no hotels close to pier 91. It's an industrial type area 5/6 miles north of downtown. Also, you are very late to be looking for a room in Seattle, esp a bargain.

If you're only staying for one night, pre cruise, look at airport hotels. If you stay at a hotel that partners with Seattle Express, their shuttle to the pier is $15pp. http://www.seattleexpress.com/2901.html

And if you have more than 1 night and want to sightsee, SeaTac is still fine .... you can take the Light Rail into Seattle, $3 pp for the 40 minute ride to Westlake Center.

Hotels in the downtown core are pricey. Around the Space Needle/Lower Queen Anne the hotels are bit cheaper, yet downtown is easy to reach via a 5 minute ride on the monorail.

Go to the Seattle forum of tripadvisor. Under Top Questions, there is info for cruisers that includes hotels, transportation, etc

If you look on the West Coast Departures page (Seattle is not in Alaska), you will see many threads about hotels.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

You will need to specify which pier, as there are 2, and no hotels near Pier 91.

You are going in peak summer, and downtown Seattle is not cheap. Good luck!

As mentioned I would give the Sea-Tac area by the airport a try. It will be significantly cheaper and if you want to spend your one day visiting downtown Seattle (Pike Place Market.,etc) you can take the light rail from Sea-Tac to downtown. Downtown hotels this close to departure may be extremely expensive.

Day of departure you can arrange a shuttle to take you to the pier.

On our May 31 cruise we stayed at Inn at the Market for two days before our cruise and one day after we got back.

HIGHLY recommend the hotel as is a 5 star facility. Across the street from Pike Place Market. The views of the harbor from the rooms and the patio are incredible.

Expensive and can be hard to get a reservation but worth every penny.

- We stayed at the Arctic Club...toward Pioneer Square. About a 15 min walk from Pike Place Market if I remember correctly. A bit quiet of an area...not a lot of restaurants in the place, but the hotel got my attention. Very boutique-y, Starbucks french press in the room, free snacks in the room, rooms very small but nicely decorated. Bed comfortable. Right now they're running a good sale for next year...I know that doesn't help you now.

- Husband has stayed at the Roosevelt in the downtown area. He liked that one too.

- Inn at the Market looks great but VERY pricey.

- Westin looks to be centrally located, near shopping and restaurants, and close to the monorail to go to the Space Needle and Top Pot donuts :) We are considering that one for next year's cruise.

Edited by mickeysgal

Like Alaska, downtown Seattle hotel rates are outrageous at this time of year. I agree with the suggestions to stay near the airport. The Hilton, the Crowne Plaza, and the Marriott are within a short walking distance to the light rail link; for $3.00 you go right to the Westlake plaza in about 45 minutes which is close to Pikes Market and a monorail ride to Seattle Center. Fun to ride the train and watch all the traffic back-ups below you. In my opinion, downtown Seattle traffic is a nightmare now with all the construction going on.

As others have posted, there are companies that will shuttle you to the cruise dock.

Like Alaska, downtown Seattle hotel rates are outrageous at this time of year. I agree with the suggestions to stay near the airport. The Hilton, the Crowne Plaza, and the Marriott are within a short walking distance to the light rail link; for $3.00 you go right to the Westlake plaza in about 45 minutes which is close to Pikes Market and a monorail ride to Seattle Center. Fun to ride the train and watch all the traffic back-ups below you. In my opinion, downtown Seattle traffic is a nightmare now with all the construction going on.

As others have posted, there are companies that will shuttle you to the cruise dock.

While I don't disagree with you that prices are high in Seattle during summer cruise season, there is value to staying downtown. When you have one day or so to cram it all in, having to take the time to travel back and forth is a pain. Assuming you only do one back/forth. If you want to stop by the hotel mid- day for whatever reason, you're again 45 minutes away one way which means you're taking more time out of the day, or have to forgo that entirely. Raining...and got wet...have to change clothes, drop something off, etc...that's a long way to go.

We stay at the Edgewater. It is directly next to the pier. The bellmen will help you get your bags to the edge of the pier's property. Check their website and join their program. Rooms are not outrageous.

Edited by poly3503

If you look on the West Coast Departures page (Seattle is not in Alaska), you will see many threads about hotels.

Yes and look for the sticky thread at the top of the page dedicated to Seattle FAQs. Several good posts there about hotels - with links. Plus tourist and transportation info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

You will need to specify which pier, as there are 2, and no hotels near Pier 91.

You are going in peak summer, and downtown Seattle is not cheap. Good luck!

Thanks! I was already subscribed to the California Coastal/Pacific Northwest forum and the Canada (Alaska/Pacific Coastal) forum, and figured they covered Seattle. Yet one more forum subscribed to!

HI! We are going to Alaska next month and would like to find a nice, close but not outrageously expensive hotel in Seattle. Any suggestions? Thanks!

You don't say what "outrageously expensive" means to you? And because you are booking so late, I'd take a look at discount sites if wanting to save money. Staying at the airport will be less costly, but do you mind not being in the city center? We got a very good rate at the Mayflower Park for 3 nights post cruise August. But we booked 8 months out. (Used their website.) I see the daily rate is up a hundred dollars now.

Edited by eandj

We are sailing in 2 weeks on the Pearl and just booked The Warwick Hotel. We were debating over Warwick and The Roosevelt. Both reasonably priced for downtown. DH liked Warwick's location better. Never stayed in either.

Safe sailing