Oriana for sale

iandjm

I assume this is the same advert that did the rounds on here a year or so back?

Unlikely Carnival would sell any of their ships this way, they have far too many options and contacts to transfer or sell their ships, without incurring agents fees.

This is about the 4th time I have read this rubbish in 3 year. Speculators pick a ship and advertise it for sale and if they get any interest they contact the owners.

It is not Carnival doing it. IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

It's garbage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This advert is different than the last one seen last year that one was a Spanish company and this one is a US one. Was told by on my last P&O cruise that Carnival do not directly sell cruise ships that it is put in the hands of brokers. Brokers do not advertise ships and try to find a purchaser without the permission of the owners. He also told me that selling a cruise ship does not happen overnight and can take a long time before it is actually sold. We sailed on Caronia(Cunard) when she had already been sold to Saga for some time and leased back to Cunard to fulfill booked cruises. I believe that Carnival are looking to sell Oriana and have been for some considerable time and IMO it is about time because she is well past her sell by date.

Still not happening

Oriana's exit will not be until 2021 at the earliest.

Edited by daiB

My guess is that she will eventually end up in the far east or Australia Carnival fleet, just like the old Arcadia. The old Arcadia (built 1988) has only just been sold to CMV and will be renamed Columbus in 2017. Oriana is 7 years younger, and we loved her, she was our first 'proper' cruise. We did catch a dreadful bug on her, which has cost tens of thousands of pounds to treat!!!

This will be my 6th cruise on her, still love her and have never caught the bug luckily. She does do great ports. We have several new ones in October.

Stop telling fibs. You have the bug. :)

It's one ship I won't miss I'm afraid.

Well you won't be missing her she is not going anywhere.

Fred Olsen are after a ship possibly to replace mv Boudicca.

And P&O are going to sell Oriana with her large following, yes she does have one, to a competitor who sails from the UK. YES, and that is going to happen. NOT.

And P&O are going to sell Oriana with her large following, yes she does have one, to a competitor who sails from the UK. YES, and that is going to happen. NOT.

Why not, Cunard sold Caronia to Saga.

David.

Why not, Cunard sold Caronia to Saga.

David.

By this whole sale thing is false Carnival have not put the ship up for sale and there are no new builds for P&O for at least 3/4 year.

I still say no movement until 2021.

P&O Australia have sold M/S Pacific Pearl ex Ocean Village ex Arcadia to CMV to be Columbus from next year and they run ex UK !

Edited by Pennbank

Do not think there is any intention to replace Oriana just think P&O(Carnival) will sell her and reduce the fleet and therefore increase bookings on the bigger ships which are harder to fill and have lower prices. If they reduce the fleet they will not need to sell so many cruises across the fleet on Saver fares so will increase turnover and profit. The only way P&O can fill the ships is by offering saver fares on nearly every cruise on all the ships and must be damaging profits.

By this whole sale thing is false Carnival have not put the ship up for sale and there are no new builds for P&O for at least 3/4 year.

I still say no movement until 2021.

Yes I agree with you, I was merely commenting that they wouldn't be adverse to selling if the price was right if they wanted to sell.

Steadily the small to medium size ships are being phased out and ever bigger ones are replacing them, cheaper to run and maintain and generally profitable even with the discounting.

Oriana will go eventually and won't be replaced like for like.

David.

Yes I agree with you, I was merely commenting that they wouldn't be adverse to selling if the price was right if they wanted to sell.

Steadily the small to medium size ships are being phased out and ever bigger ones are replacing them, cheaper to run and maintain and generally profitable even with the discounting.

Oriana will go eventually and won't be replaced like for like.

David.

I think there will always be demand for adult only ships and they are more likely to be medium sized. Only time will tell!